OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 19, 2014, 01:50:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for Bishop Alexander (ROCOR)  (Read 1036 times) Average Rating: 0
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« on: February 16, 2005, 01:32:50 PM »

Please pray for him, he is a very good man, with good ideas.  I've met his serveral times, and he's friends with my parents.

LOS ANGELES: February 7, 2005

Relatives, Friends, Flock and Admirers of His Grace Bishop Alexander (Mileant) Ask for Prayers for Their Archpastor.

Last year, the official website of the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia reported on the serious illness of His Grace Bishop Alexander (Mileant), a highly-educated and zealous missionary and the spiritual father of many. Unfortunately, his health is worsening and for this reason, His Grace's relatives, friends, admirers and flock ask everyone to pray that the Lord ease his sufferings and that He send him His omnipotent aid. Yesterday, on the feast day of the New Martyrs and Confessors of Russia, His Grace's namesday, Vladyka spent the day in his hospital room in Los Angeles.

http://www.russianorthodoxchurch.ws/01newstucture/pagesen/news05/balexsick.html

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 04:42:01 PM »

prayers for Bishop Alexander...Lord have mercy.

hmmmm...
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 08:01:01 PM »

Lord, have mercy. 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Arystarcus
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 10:17:12 PM »

My goodness, when I first saw the title of this thread my first thought was whether or not this was the same Bishop Alexander from http://www.fatheralexander.org/ and sure enough it is. I will most definitely keep His Grace in my prayers.

In Christ,
Aaron
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: