OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 04:04:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ITT: We discuss my prayer life, new job & my need to start threads about myself  (Read 1124 times) Average Rating: 0
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« on: October 15, 2013, 11:43:34 PM »

I'm not really sure where to put this thread, but here it goes.  I was recently contacted by a recruiter to go to another company in my area.  The company is very highly regarded and I would get a huge boost in pay. It also has a much better corporate culture and opportunity for further advancement than what I currently have.  I have gone through the interview process and I received a job offer today.  This will unfortunately mean I will have much less time during the day for oc.net, but it will be a great career move for me.  I was given 24 hours to give them an answer.  I came home, discussed it with my wife and am going to take the job since from my perspective,  it is pretty much a no brainer.  My wife this evening asked if I had asked God if I should take the job.  I said no and she was quite horrified.  My question is, is this something I should be praying about?  I ask God every day that He will give me wisdom to make wise choices throughout my day in my morning prayers.  Do I just rest in the confidence that God brought this unsolicited into my lap and be thankful for it or should I be praying that He guide me keeping in mind that I only have 24 hours to wait for a response? I feel kind of silly if I already pretty much know I am going to take the job to then pray and ask God if I should take it. That pretty much ends with me saying "Yes, God wants me to do this" and pretending like I got some sign from God that I should take a new job. If I wait for God to tell me every major action that I need to take in my life, I think I would be paralyzed out of concern that I am misinterpreting or misunderstanding Him.

Anyone have any words of wisdom?  Also, if I am way over-thinking this, feel free to tell me to stop worrying about first world problems.  I won't be offended.  laugh

Why can't you just take your spiritual edification like a man? 
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 11:46:47 PM »

Ask your priest.

Then tell your employer you will need to pray for 40 days and after that will have an answer for them.

Dude just take the job. /thread

Unless you needed to brag...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:49:13 PM by Achronos » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Rufus
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA

Nafpliotis with sunglasses and a cigar.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 11:51:18 PM »

I'm not really sure where to put this thread, but here it goes.  I was recently contacted by a recruiter to go to another company in my area.  The company is very highly regarded and I would get a huge boost in pay. It also has a much better corporate culture and opportunity for further advancement than what I currently have.  I have gone through the interview process and I received a job offer today.  This will unfortunately mean I will have much less time during the day for oc.net, but it will be a great career move for me.  I was given 24 hours to give them an answer.  I came home, discussed it with my wife and am going to take the job since from my perspective,  it is pretty much a no brainer.  My wife this evening asked if I had asked God if I should take the job.  I said no and she was quite horrified.  My question is, is this something I should be praying about?  I ask God every day that He will give me wisdom to make wise choices throughout my day in my morning prayers.  Do I just rest in the confidence that God brought this unsolicited into my lap and be thankful for it or should I be praying that He guide me keeping in mind that I only have 24 hours to wait for a response? I feel kind of silly if I already pretty much know I am going to take the job to then pray and ask God if I should take it. That pretty much ends with me saying "Yes, God wants me to do this" and pretending like I got some sign from God that I should take a new job. If I wait for God to tell me every major action that I need to take in my life, I think I would be paralyzed out of concern that I am misinterpreting or misunderstanding Him.

Anyone have any words of wisdom?  Also, if I am way over-thinking this, feel free to tell me to stop worrying about first world problems.  I won't be offended.  laugh

Sounds like you've answered your own questions (who doesn't?).
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 11:54:29 PM »

Ask your priest.

Then tell your employer you will need to pray for 40 days and after that will have an answer for them.

Dude just take the job. /thread

Unless you needed to brag...

Well, I did need to brag, but I needed to put it in the form of a narrative whereby there is conflict and eventual resolution.  It is so much more exciting that way.  Grin

I totally plan on taking the job.  I am more just curious if others would sit down and pray about such a thing or if they would just say "heck yes, give me the job"  (this is where I brag on my spirituality as I torment myself over how much prayer I should be exerting.  See, I can multitask my bragging.  BOOYAH!!!)

SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 11:56:55 PM »

I prayed after my employer offered me a full-time position.

I gave thanks to the Lord and asked Him to see me through the experience.
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 11:57:59 PM »

I prayed after my employer offered me a full-time position.

I gave thanks to the Lord and asked Him to see me through the experience.
That seems like a healthy response.  I like it.  Smiley

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

"And you shall call his name Jesus..."

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 11:58:37 PM »

I ask God every day that He will give me wisdom to make wise choices throughout my day in my morning prayers. 

If I actually did this sincerely, faithfully, and daily, I don't know if I would spend a whole bunch of time praying over a job offer I had only twenty-four hours to decide on, I'd just do what you already described:

...rest in the confidence that God brought this unsolicited into my lap and be thankful for it...

It can't hurt to spend some time praying over it, of course, but it's not like you have two weeks to decide, so the time you spend won't be much.  In my own experience, I've found that things I can identify, at least in hindsight, as "God's will" were not necessarily clarified as such through "signs" or intuitions in prayer as much as through the way "life arranged itself".  Sometimes I'm thrown a curveball(s), and I don't know what to do with that, but other times it seems fairly clear.  If this happened to me, I think it would be clear.      

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.

Please, James, tell us more about women!
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 12:03:04 AM »

Although you only have a short time to answer, yes, pray to the LORD and ask if you should be heading this direction.
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 12:13:55 AM »

Of course God wants you to take the job. Why else would He have had it offered to you?

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 12:22:20 AM »

God gave us free will so that we can use it. Go ahead. I don't believe God really cares what we do for a living provided that we're not doing anything sinful.

katherineofdixie
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 09:51:58 AM »

See, I can multitask my bragging.  BOOYAH!!!)

I am not easily impressed, but I have to admit this was truly outstanding.  Grin

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 09:55:07 AM »

Well, I accepted it this morning.  I did take Sol's advice and offered up a prayer of thanksgiving and a petition for continued guidance.

Is it just a protestant thing specifically or a Christian thing in general that many people expect God to give them specific answers or reassurance that they are doing the right thing when making significant life choices? I just feel uncomfortable with it. Maybe I have a wrong attitude, I don't know...

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 09:56:50 AM »

I hope you did at least 1680 prostrations ( 70 each for the the 24 hours you were given to decide pray).

EDIT:  I was just going to ask if you prayed.

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 10:04:59 AM »

I hope you did at least 1680 prostrations ( 70 each for the the 24 hours you were given to decide pray).

Psht.  70 times is for n00bs. I whipped out my 300 knot prayer rope and prayed and prostrated 300 times each hour.  Not that I'm bragging, but just sayin'...

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 10:06:26 AM »

Psht.  70 times is for n00bs. I whipped out my 300 knot prayer rope and prayed and prostrated 300 times each hour.  Not that I'm bragging, but just sayin'...
Pride cometh before the fall...so prostrations or falls?   laugh

300 knots....I laugh.  Couldn't spring for the Patriarchal 1000-knot?  To be extra holy and whatnot. Grin

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 10:09:41 AM »

300 knots....I laugh.  Couldn't spring for the Patriarchal 1000-knot?  To be extra holy and whatnot. Grin
My extreme humility did not allow for it.  Wink

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 10:10:23 AM »

My extreme humility did not allow for it.  Wink

All hail TheTrisagion, most humble of us all!

SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 01:06:17 PM »

Well, I accepted it this morning.  I did take Sol's advice and offered up a prayer of thanksgiving and a petition for continued guidance.

Is it just a protestant thing specifically or a Christian thing in general that many people expect God to give them specific answers or reassurance that they are doing the right thing when making significant life choices? I just feel uncomfortable with it. Maybe I have a wrong attitude, I don't know...

Just remain humble, as others have humorously mentioned.   Smiley

Since I forgot, congratulations on the new position!!   Grin
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 01:25:16 PM by SolEX01 » Logged
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 01:14:42 PM »

Well, I accepted it this morning.  I did take Sol's advice and offered up a prayer of thanksgiving and a petition for continued guidance.

Congratulations!

I think it's a general Christian impulse to pray before making significant choices and to hope for direction.  But I also have problems with praying for specific issues and expecting God to give specific answers: sometimes, the way God orders life or allows life to be ordered is the way he answers.  But the way some people expect an answer in a specific way, or come back from prayer saying God spoke to them, God assured them, and so on...maybe they're all holier than I am, but I also wonder if they've already come to a certain decision on the matter, "go to God", and then come out affirming that God agrees with them so that they can feel better about it.  I've seen Protestants do that, and Catholics and Orthodox influenced by such ideas. 

Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 01:44:06 PM »

I was recently contacted by a recruiter to go to another company in my area.  The company is very highly regarded and I would get a huge boost in pay. It also has a much better corporate culture and opportunity for further advancement than what I currently have.  I have gone through the interview process and I received a job offer today.  This will unfortunately mean I will have much less time during the day for oc.net, but it will be a great career move for me.  I was given 24 hours to give them an answer.  I came home, discussed it with my wife and am going to take the job since from my perspective,  it is pretty much a no brainer. 

You said no to a job offer which would get you way more pay because you wouldn't be able to visit OC.net as much?

You, sir, are a hero.

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 01:45:38 PM »

I was recently contacted by a recruiter to go to another company in my area.  The company is very highly regarded and I would get a huge boost in pay. It also has a much better corporate culture and opportunity for further advancement than what I currently have.  I have gone through the interview process and I received a job offer today.  This will unfortunately mean I will have much less time during the day for oc.net, but it will be a great career move for me.  I was given 24 hours to give them an answer.  I came home, discussed it with my wife and am going to take the job since from my perspective,  it is pretty much a no brainer.  

You said no to a job offer which would get you way more pay because you wouldn't be able to visit OC.net as much?

You, sir, are a hero.
Sadly no.  I have given way to corporate greed and took the offer. Augustine will be furious with me.  Sad
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 01:48:00 PM by TheTrisagion » Logged

Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2013, 01:48:52 PM »

I was recently contacted by a recruiter to go to another company in my area.  The company is very highly regarded and I would get a huge boost in pay. It also has a much better corporate culture and opportunity for further advancement than what I currently have.  I have gone through the interview process and I received a job offer today.  This will unfortunately mean I will have much less time during the day for oc.net, but it will be a great career move for me.  I was given 24 hours to give them an answer.  I came home, discussed it with my wife and am going to take the job since from my perspective,  it is pretty much a no brainer. 

You, sir, are a hero.
Sadly no.  I have given way to corporate greed and took the offer. Augustine will be furious with me.  Sad

I misread it. Oops. I knew my sight was declining but this is bad :/
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 01:50:43 PM by Cyrillic » Logged

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2013, 02:06:12 PM »

I have in-laws who always betray their feelings about your decisions with a  question about prayer. If they like what you’re doing, they congratulate you. If they don’t like it, they ask if you have really prayed about it. Those who respond in the negative are told, “Well, you really need to pray about this before you commit to it;” those who  respond in the affirmative are told, “You should pray some more and really listen to God.”

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2013, 02:10:48 PM »

I have in-laws who always betray their feelings about your decisions with a  question about prayer. If they like what you’re doing, they congratulate you. If they don’t like it, they ask if you have really prayed about it. Those who respond in the negative are told, “Well, you really need to pray about this before you commit to it;” those who  respond in the affirmative are told, “You should pray some more and really listen to God.”
lol, I know people like this as well.  Prayer seems like one of those things that can be used by people to manipulate others.  I guess that is part of the reason why her question rubbed me the wrong way a bit.

podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2013, 02:16:06 PM »

Congratulations!

I think it's a general Christian impulse to pray before making significant choices and to hope for direction.  But I also have problems with praying for specific issues and expecting God to give specific answers: sometimes, the way God orders life or allows life to be ordered is the way he answers.  But the way some people expect an answer in a specific way, or come back from prayer saying God spoke to them, God assured them, and so on...maybe they're all holier than I am, but I also wonder if they've already come to a certain decision on the matter, "go to God", and then come out affirming that God agrees with them so that they can feel better about it.  I've seen Protestants do that, and Catholics and Orthodox influenced by such ideas. 

Agreed. We (my wife and I, both cradle and both with old country grandparents) were never taught by our parents or grandparents to expect God to give us specific answers to our prayers or to expect Him to tell us what to do. However, in our culture where politicians regularly assert a direct line to God, where sports teams give specific thanks to Jesus for scoring a goal and so on, I think the view of prayer from an Eastern Christian perspective (I say this because our grandparents were all Greek Catholic in Europe) is different. Praying for strength to deal with adversity, for a good outcome and always in thanksgiving  was the norm. Perhaps though, the difference is more semantics...
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 04:20:06 PM »

I would thank God for the job opportunity and then accept the position.

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2013, 04:24:40 PM »

I would thank God for the job opportunity and then accept the position.
Yup.

I think I now know what happened to you lately. You have mellowed out. Which is a good thing.

Just a passing observation.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 05:35:51 PM »

Who am I that God should give me direct answers, especially when I already don't do what He explicitly tells me to do? God's guidance of our lives is not something over which we have control, that is, we're not often going to get a direct answer or a sign, but even without that things work out or don't work out according to God's will. I would disagree that God doesn't care what we do. In a hard-to-define sense, our work is part of how we work out our salvation and something God has given us to do, like as He gives us our talents and responsibilities.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 06:24:02 PM »

Also, I think you should pray about it before you start threads about yourself.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
katherineofdixie
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2013, 11:18:52 AM »

lol. Priceless!  Grin

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 02:48:40 PM »

Mazal Tov, Triggie!!!!!!  More than that, I have nothing to had that won't end up (or start out) being inane. Grin Grin

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 02:53:32 PM »

Well, there is this:

At the Commencement of Any Work.

Bless, O Lord. or:

O Lord Jesus Christ, Only-begotten Son of Thy Eternal Father, Thou hast said with Thy most holy lips: "Without Me, you can do nothing." My Lord and my God, in faith I embrace Thy words with my heart and soul, and bow before Thy goodness; help me, a sinner, to do in union with Thee this work which I am about to begin, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

http://www.myriobiblos.gr/texts/english/prayerbook/main.htm

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2013, 03:03:01 PM »

What I fail to understand, though, is WHY you would sacrifice your time spent on this board for mere $$$$$$?  Not only will augustin717 be sorely disappointed in you, but, without you, O Triggie, our lives here will be immeasurably poorer, deficient in potent inanities and irrelevancies and digressions.  Whatever shall we DO??
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 03:08:48 PM by J Michael » Logged

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2013, 03:10:09 PM »

What I fail to understand, though, is WHY you would sacrifice your time spent on this board for mere $$$$$$?  Not only will augustin717 be sorely disappointed in you, but, without you, O Triggie, our lives here will be immeasurably poorer, deficient in potent inanities and irrelevancies and digressions.  Whatever shall we DO??

Only six $s?  That's not very much.

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 03:26:22 PM »

Only six $s?  That's not very much.

What is the value of silver these days?

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 03:26:50 PM »

On the positive side, there will be much fewer complaints about forumers who disrupt important threads with silliness.  Grin

I'm sure I'll still be around, I probably just won't be posting during the day.  Undecided

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2013, 03:34:15 PM »

On the positive side, there will be much fewer complaints about forumers who disrupt important threads with silliness.  Grin

I'm sure I'll still be around, I probably just won't be posting during the day.  Undecided

Better you should work at night and post during the day.

Forumers wouldn't dare complain about silliness.  Would they?? Huh Huh

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2013, 03:38:42 PM »

I'll thank you on behalf of your wife, if you thank your employer on behalf of me.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2013, 03:47:11 PM »

I'll thank you on behalf of your wife, if you thank your employer on behalf of me.
Oh, your such a peach.  Kiss

Gunnarr
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2013, 01:09:16 AM »

If you wish to be perfect, sell all of your things and give it to the poor, and FOLLOW ME

uh

not me but

well you know

I am a demonic servant! Beware!
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2013, 07:55:54 AM »

If you wish to be perfect, sell all of your things and give it to the poor, and FOLLOW ME

uh

not me but

well you know

My wife would probably have some strong opinions about me selling all our posessions.  Wink

Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2013, 11:48:28 AM »

My wife would probably have some strong opinions about me selling all our posessions.  Wink

I thought she was Protestant, what's her problem with the Bible?  Did she suddenly become Orthodox?

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2013, 11:53:43 AM »

I thought she was Protestant, what's her problem with the Bible?  Did she suddenly become Orthodox?
laugh

That is mean and I love it.

Kiss

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2013, 12:27:55 PM »

On the flip side, what if SHE said, "Honey, I'm selling everything because the Bible says so."?

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2013, 01:08:16 PM »

On the flip side, what if SHE said, "Honey, I'm selling everything because the Bible says so."?
I would say, you can sell it all except for my TV so I can watch football and my computer so I can waste time on oc.net.  Grin

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2013, 01:19:38 PM »

I would say, you can sell it all except for my TV so I can watch football and my computer so I can waste time on oc.net.  Grin
Assuming she hasn't already sold all your internet.  Those AOL Free 50 hour diskettes don't grown on trees.  Anymore.

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2013, 01:26:07 PM »

Assuming she hasn't already sold all your internet.  Those AOL Free 50 hour diskettes don't grown on trees.  Anymore.

Shocked

The horrors!!!!

Don't say such things, my poor heart can't take it.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2013, 01:38:30 PM »

The cross you must bear, my friend.  Imagine:  she says, "I want to become an Orthodox Christian, but I don't want internet in the house."  What do you do?

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2013, 01:43:02 PM »

The cross you must bear, my friend.  Imagine:  she says, "I want to become an Orthodox Christian, but I don't want internet in the house."  What do you do?

I would get rid of the internet. Just a man, all alone with his thoughts.  With an Iphone. And an etrade app.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 01:43:16 PM by TheTrisagion » Logged

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2013, 01:47:13 PM »

LOL, gotta love the e*trade baby!

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: