OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 01:50:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Read me! Addenda to the Forum Rules.  (Read 1279 times) Average Rating: 0
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« on: October 14, 2013, 06:58:03 PM »

With the newly published Forum Rules, we're creating a new thread for various updates to said rules that may pop up in between major revisions.  Once these rules are added to the forum's official Rules Page (the link is in the bar above, close the "Home" "Help" and "Search"), then they'll be removed from this thread.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 02:54:02 PM »

The following section was amended on the Rules page:

Please respect the mod/admin staff -- The moderators and administrative staff of oc.net keep this place running tidy.  While you don't have to agree with a particular decision they make, we ask that you at least respect it publicly.  Do not complain about forum moderation, or the specific official actions taken by the moderators, global moderators, or administrators, on the forum.

When making official decisions, in their capacities as moderators, 3 things will be consistent:
- The notice will be posted in Green or Red
- The moderator will "sign" the notice
- The moderator will indicate to whom appeals should go

We encourage members of the forum to support their fellow users in following the forum's rules, and to informally acknowledge when someone may indeed be in violation of the forum rules.  However, no one should take it upon themselves to imitate or impersonate the moderators, global moderators, and/or administrators (i.e. do not give directives to your fellow users in green or red text, etc.).

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 09:14:04 PM »

The following was added to the "Please Report!" section of the rules today:

However, abuse of the reporting system - repeated reporting of non-infractions, reporting only posts by users you dislike, or over-use of the reporting system - may result in the revocation of the ability to report posts.

---------------------
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: