OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 30, 2014, 10:39:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy Fire miracle and the miracle of the sun in city of Fatima.  (Read 172 times) Average Rating: 0
Raylight
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian.

Lord Have Mercy on the victims of 9/11.

« on: March 13, 2014, 03:43:17 PM »

Hi.

I believe in both miracles, the Holy Fire miracle and the miracle of the sun that happened in the city of Fatima in 1917.

the Holy Fire miracle is believed by so many Orthodox, the same with the miracle of the sun believed by so many Catholics.

Do Catholics use the miracle of the sun to prove that they are the true Church ?

Do Orthodox use the miracle of the Holy Fire to prove that they are the true Church ?

What about those in between ?

Peace.

Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 03:44:21 PM »

Hi.

I believe in both miracles, the Holy Fire miracle and the miracle of the sun that happened in the city of Fatima in 1917.

the Holy Fire miracle is believed by so many Orthodox, the same with the miracle of the sun believed by so many Catholics.

Do Catholics use the miracle of the sun to prove that they are the true Church ?

Do Orthodox use the miracle of the Holy Fire to prove that they are the true Church ?

Peace.

I don't appeal to private revelation to justify the faith to non-Catholics. I think that it can be counter-productive.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Wandile
Peter the Roman
OC.net guru

Faith: One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church - Roman Rite
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Pretoria, South Africa

@Wandi_Star
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 04:03:19 PM »

I guess some Catholics do but really the miracle of the sun was meant for all to see.

I believe in some private revelation and use it as a tool for better understanding of my faith. But hardly ever would I use it when discussing why I believe the the CC is the true church. Only sometimes and even then, only as a small reference to make a point.

\"Keep close to the Catholic Church at all times, for the Church alone can give you true peace, since she alone possesses Jesus, the true Prince of Peace, in the Blessed Sacrament.\" - Padre Pio<br /><br />\"He inquired whether he agreed with the Catholic bishops, that is
JoeS2
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 11:03:19 PM »

Hi.

Peace.

Yeah, but what is neat is that the Holy Fire happens each and every year...........
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: