Author Topic: Holy Fire miracle and the miracle of the sun in city of Fatima.  (Read 275 times)

Offline Raylight

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Christian.
Hi.

I believe in both miracles, the Holy Fire miracle and the miracle of the sun that happened in the city of Fatima in 1917.

the Holy Fire miracle is believed by so many Orthodox, the same with the miracle of the sun believed by so many Catholics.

Do Catholics use the miracle of the sun to prove that they are the true Church ?

Do Orthodox use the miracle of the Holy Fire to prove that they are the true Church ?

What about those in between ?

Peace.

I gave it another chance but it failed. I'm no longer posting on this forum.

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
  • Praying for the Christians in Iraq
Re: Holy Fire miracle and the miracle of the sun in city of Fatima.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 03:44:21 PM »
Hi.

I believe in both miracles, the Holy Fire miracle and the miracle of the sun that happened in the city of Fatima in 1917.

the Holy Fire miracle is believed by so many Orthodox, the same with the miracle of the sun believed by so many Catholics.

Do Catholics use the miracle of the sun to prove that they are the true Church ?

Do Orthodox use the miracle of the Holy Fire to prove that they are the true Church ?

Peace.

I don't appeal to private revelation to justify the faith to non-Catholics. I think that it can be counter-productive.
You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.

Offline Wandile

• Peter the Roman
  • OC.net guru
  • Pray for me, a sinner
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 04:03:19 PM »
I guess some Catholics do but really the miracle of the sun was meant for all to see.

I believe in some private revelation and use it as a tool for better understanding of my faith. But hardly ever would I use it when discussing why I believe the the CC is the true church. Only sometimes and even then, only as a small reference to make a point.
"We are to love God for Himself, because of a twofold reason; nothing is more reasonable, nothing more profitable."
-St. Bernard of Clairvaux

I don't post here anymore but I will respond to private messages and follow threads. Pray for me :)

Online JoeS2

• OC.net guru
  • St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 11:03:19 PM »
Hi.

Peace.

Yeah, but what is neat is that the Holy Fire happens each and every year...........