OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 02:14:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good news: No Allah for Christians!  (Read 8032 times) Average Rating: 0
Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

Faith: pro-Israeli Zionist Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« on: October 14, 2013, 06:40:41 AM »

A Malaysian court has ruled that non-Muslims cannot use the word Allah to refer to God, even in their own faiths, overturning a 2009 lower court ruling.

The appeals court said the term Allah must be exclusive to Islam or it could cause public disorder.

People of all faiths use the word Allah in Malay to refer to their Gods.

Christians argue they have used the word, which entered Malay from Arabic, to refer to their God for centuries and that the ruling violates their rights.

One Malaysian Christian woman said the ruling would affect the community greatly.

"If we are prohibited from using the word Allah then we have to re-translate the whole Bible, if it comes to that," Ester Moiji from Sabah state told the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24516181

I am very happy and celebrating! Praise and thanks be to YHWH, who always works in wondrous and mysterious ways to warn and correct His servants that fall into the error of paganism.

I hope all Muslim countries will make the same decision and enforce a similar law to hinder Christians of Arabic origin from violating the first of the Ten Commandments. YHWH will become victorious again and cast the chief deity of Arabic paganism, Mahound's idol, out of all His sacred temples. In Adonai Yeshua's name and through Panaghia's fervent prayers. AMEN!  angel
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 06:41:38 AM by Theophilos78 » Logged

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 07:07:24 AM »

As far as I understand, the word Allah is a contraction of the arabic definite article al and the word ilah. Therefore, the word Allah, in the arabic language, basically just means "The God". Based on this, I would say that this verdict is a big joke that doesn't make any sense.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 07:07:46 AM by Ansgar » Logged

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Romaios
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 07:09:38 AM »

I am very happy and celebrating! Praise and thanks be to YHWH, who always works in wondrous and mysterious ways to warn and correct His servants that fall into the error of paganism.

I hope all Muslim countries will make the same decision and enforce a similar law to hinder Christians of Arabic origin from violating the first of the Ten Commandments. YHWH will become victorious again and cast the chief deity of Arabic paganism, Mahound's idol, out of all His sacred temples. In Adonai Yeshua's name and through Panaghia's fervent prayers. AMEN!  angel

Well, your fellow Christians in Malaysia are not celebrating. So why are you rejoicing with those who weep?

Your attitude towards language is beyond ridiculous.  
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 07:30:16 AM by Romaios » Logged
Hawkeye
Onomatodoxicologist
High Elder

Faith: It's an old one!
Jurisdiction: Less old.

Hae bae, did u mis mae?

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 07:14:19 AM »

I too must voice my concern. That the faithful should be forced to abandon "Allah" because the faithless have appropriated it for themselves doesn't seem like something worthy of celebrating.

When I die, I figure the worst I'll get is what I deserve. Any injustice on the part of God will certainly be because He is all too merciful.
Romaios
Archon

Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 07:19:46 AM »

As far as I understand, the word Allah is a contraction of the arabic definite article al and the word ilah. Therefore, the word Allah, in the arabic language, basically just means "The God". Based on this, I would say that this verdict is a big joke that doesn't make any sense.

I suppose Theomisos here would have the Islamists forbid us the use of aloho in Syriac and elohim in Hebrew, since they come from the same root. As well as Deus, Dieu, Dios (< Indo-European sky god *deiwos), Isten in Hungarian, Bog in Slavic, Theos in Greek and so on and so forth. For the sake of consequence. And since the Germanic pagan gods were referred to by that word, we should probably stop calling God god. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 07:40:48 AM by Romaios » Logged
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 07:48:24 AM »

I suppose Theomisos here would have the Islamists forbid us the use of aloho in Syriac and elohim in Hebrew, since they come from the same root. As well as Deus, Dieu, Dios (< Indo-European sky god *deiwos), Isten in Hungarian, Bog in Slavic, Theos in Greek and so on and so forth. For the sake of consequence. And since the Germanic pagan gods were referred to by that word, we should probably stop calling God god. 

Exactly.

You have strayed far from the way, Theophilos.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 07:55:17 AM »

As far as I understand, the word Allah is a contraction of the arabic definite article al and the word ilah. Therefore, the word Allah, in the arabic language, basically just means "The God".

Unfortunately, this is not true. In the first place, Allah is an ilah (god), but not every ilah (god) is Allah. Allah has always pertained to a specific deity. Even Meccan pagans considered it the chief deity of their peculiar mythology.

Second, Meccan pagans also worshipped a goddess named Allat, which they considered the daughter of Allah. Allat also has the definite article el, but this does not change the fact that it represented a separate deity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-l%C4%81t

Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 07:56:57 AM »

Well, your fellow Christians in Malaysia are not celebrating. So why are you rejoicing with those who weep?

I am rejoicing with the hope that this ban will enable those Christians to save themselves from a foreign god and come back to the Biblical God: YHWH

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 07:59:16 AM »

"Theos" is pagan too.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Ansgar
Archon

Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 08:06:38 AM »

As far as I understand, the word Allah is a contraction of the arabic definite article al and the word ilah. Therefore, the word Allah, in the arabic language, basically just means "The God".

Unfortunately, this is not true. In the first place, Allah is an ilah (god), but not every ilah (god) is Allah. Allah has always pertained to a specific deity. Even Meccan pagans considered it the chief deity of their peculiar mythology.

Second, Meccan pagans also worshipped a goddess named Allat, which they considered the daughter of Allah. Allat also has the definite article el, but this does not change the fact that it represented a separate deity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-l%C4%81t

But in modern arabic, the word Allah is used in the same way we use the word God. Allah is used as a name for the god, the only god. Stating that Allah should not be used by christians, because it was once used as a name for a specific deity is, as has already been said, like refusing to use Theos or Deus.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 08:24:26 AM »

Argumentum ad hominem (through the distortion of the nick) and straw-man.

You are mistaken: Allah is not the equivalent of the Syriac word aloho or the Hebrew word Elohim. The Arabic counterpart of these words is ILAH. Allah, however, is the name of the chief deity in Islam and pre-Islamic paganism of the Arabs.

Compare and contrast:

“Whoever sacrifices to a god other than YAHWE alone must be utterly destroyed. (Exodus 22:20)

Say: I find not in that which is revealed unto me aught prohibited to an eater that he eat thereof, except it be carrion, or blood poured forth, or swineflesh - for that verily is foul - or the abomination which was immolated to the name of other than Allah. But whoso is compelled (thereto), neither craving nor transgressing, (for him) lo! thy Lord is Forgiving, Merciful. (Surah 6.145)

Our Elohim's name is YHWH whilst the Ishmaelites' god's name is Allah.

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 08:26:21 AM »

Another one guy preaching religion he invented.

<sigh>

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 08:27:24 AM »

But in modern arabic, the word Allah is used in the same way we use the word God. Allah is used as a name for the god, the only god.

No, this is not the case. God in Arabic is ILAH, not Allah. If you want to talk about the ONE TRUE GOD, the name is YHWH, not Allah or Allat or Amon Ra or Jupiter or Zeus...

Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 08:28:35 AM »

Another one guy preaching religion he invented.

<sigh>

If you really believe that the Bible is a religion invented by me, I feel sorry for you.

Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 08:29:52 AM »

If you want to talk about the ONE TRUE GOD, the name is YHWH, not Allah or Allat or Amon Ra or Jupiter or Zeus...

If you want to talk about the one true God, you say 'God' in whatever language you speak. We're not on first-name terms with God. Roll Eyes

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 08:30:30 AM »

Why would God need a name?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 08:33:43 AM »

If you want to talk about the ONE TRUE GOD, the name is YHWH, not Allah or Allat or Amon Ra or Jupiter or Zeus...

If you want to talk about the one true God, you say 'God' in whatever language you speak. We're not on first-name terms with God. Roll Eyes

If you follow this reasoning, you must avoid saying Allah too because God in Arabic is ILAH.  Wink

Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 08:34:20 AM »

But in modern arabic, the word Allah is used in the same way we use the word God. Allah is used as a name for the god, the only god.

No, this is not the case. God in Arabic is ILAH, not Allah. If you want to talk about the ONE TRUE GOD, the name is YHWH, not Allah or Allat or Amon Ra or Jupiter or Zeus...

The etymology speaks for itself. Allah, is a constraction between al and ilah. Since ilah means god or deity and al is a definite article, Allah means the God.

-St Silouan the athonite
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 08:35:26 AM »

If you follow this reasoning, you must avoid saying Allah too because God in Arabic is ILAH.  Wink

I don't have to say either of these. Θεός works just fine for me, thanks.

I'll just sit and wait for Isa to weigh in...

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 08:37:57 AM »

Why would God need a name?

He does not need a name, He HAS a sacred name and declared it to Moshe in the burning bush:

Moses said to God, “If I go to the Israelites and tell them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ – what should I say to them?” God said to Moses, “I am that I am.” (YHWH)  And he said, “You must say this to the Israelites, ‘I am has sent me to you.’” God also said to Moses, “You must say this to the Israelites, ‘The Lord  – the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob – has sent me to you. This is my name  forever, and this is my memorial from generation to generation.’ (Exodus 3:13-15)

Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, 08:39:20 AM »

The etymology speaks for itself. Allah, is a constraction between al and ilah. Since ilah means god or deity and al is a definite article, Allah means the God.

Re-read my reply #6

Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2013, 08:41:20 AM »

I don't have to say either of these. Θεός works just fine for me, thanks.

I'll just sit and wait for Isa to weigh in...

Much better than invoking the Ishmaelite deity.

I have already informed Isa of the good news on Facebook.. Waiting for his reply.  Grin

Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 08:42:54 AM »

Re-read my reply #6

That doesn't change anything. Linguistically speaking, Allah is a correct term to use when referring to a specific deity, which christians do.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:43:34 AM by Ansgar » Logged

-St Silouan the athonite
Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013, 08:48:40 AM »

That doesn't change anything. Linguistically speaking, Allah is a correct term to use when referring to a specific deity, which christians do.

You at least agree that you use it to refer to a specific deity. Allah is the Ishmaelite deity and cannot be used while referring to the one true God of Israel. Our specific deity is named YHWH, not Allah.

Islam still tries to replace YHWH with Allah and people like you help Islam reach its filthy goal by allowing Allah into your hearts, minds, churches...

DeniseDenise
Tiredness personified
Archon

Faith: Catechumen no more!
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2013, 08:56:42 AM »

*facepalm*

I suspect it's not even worth tryin to attempt to explain grammar rules to folks with an agenda

Please secure your own oxygen mask before assisting other passengers.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 08:57:51 AM »

Theophilos, I thought of you when I read this in the NEWS this morning!  Grin

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, 08:58:51 AM »

You at least agree that you use it to refer to a specific deity. Allah is the Ishmaelite deity and cannot be used while referring to the one true God of Israel. Our specific deity is named YHWH, not Allah.

Islam still tries to replace YHWH with Allah and people like you help Islam reach its filthy goal by allowing Allah into your hearts, minds, churches...

Oh please! Even before Islam came to be, most christians didn't use Yahweh, they said Theos or Deus or whatever name their language had for God.

-St Silouan the athonite
Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2013, 09:00:24 AM »

Oh please! Even before Islam came to be, most christians didn't use Yahweh, they said Theos or Deus or whatever name their language had for God.

I would rather they went on with that old usage than adopt a foreign deity...

Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2013, 09:01:44 AM »

Theophilos, I thought of you when I read this in the NEWS this morning!  Grin

You are not alone in that!  Grin

I have got some friends who remember me at every call to the Islamic prayer from the minaret!  Cheesy

DeniseDenise
Tiredness personified
Archon

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 09:04:36 AM »

So by this logic....they should call GOD by whatever the heck word Malay had for their pagan gods before EITHER Islam or Christianity came calling in their land.

HOW is that better?

Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 09:07:13 AM »

That's the problem, they didn't adopt a foreign deity. They adopted the word, which muslims used to describe their monotheistic god. That is how languages work.

-St Silouan the athonite
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 09:09:03 AM »

Please don't use the word "God". It comes from pagan Germanic tribes.

Also, don't use the word "deity". It comes from the ancient word dewos and was a term used for Zeus.

I can barely stand all your paganistic invocations.  From now on, please speak only in ancient Hebrew.  It is the only language that YHWH can tolerate. Also, don't say YHWH, it is disrespectful.  Just refer to Him as "The Name"

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 09:10:22 AM »

So by this logic....they should call GOD by whatever the heck word Malay had for their pagan gods before EITHER Islam or Christianity came calling in their land.

HOW is that better?

In Malay they have got the word TUHAN, which means god/deity/God... If they use that name, they will be able to say our TUHAN (God) is the TUHAN of Israel. We cannot say the same about Allah though. It's impossible to say our Allah and Allah of Israel in Arabic.. Grin

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013, 09:10:44 AM »

While you're at it, please don't call yourself "Theophilos" because it means "friend of Theos", ie, friend of Zeus.

Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2013, 09:13:30 AM »

That's the problem, they didn't adopt a foreign deity. They adopted the word, which muslims used to describe their monotheistic god. That is how languages work.

Yet this is not how theology works and how divine judgment works.

The word Allah corresponds to the Islamic deity. If your excuse were acceptable, Egyptian Christians would be allowed to call the Biblical God "Amon Ra", which is unthinkable.

Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2013, 09:14:38 AM »

While you're at it, please don't call yourself "Theophilos" because it means "friend of Theos", ie, friend of Zeus.

I do not object to the use of the word Theos, God, Elohim, Ilah... Some posters have not understood my point yet. *sigh*

Gamliel
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2013, 09:15:13 AM »

Does Elohim count?
Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2013, 09:17:30 AM »

Please don't use the word "God". It comes from pagan Germanic tribes.

I do not use the word God as the name of a specific god foreign to the Bible.  Roll Eyes

I can barely stand all your paganistic invocations.  From now on, please speak only in ancient Hebrew.  It is the only language that YHWH can tolerate. Also, don't say YHWH, it is disrespectful.  Just refer to Him as "The Name"

I discard all these suggestions as they are not Biblical...

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2013, 09:18:48 AM »

Yet this is not how theology works and how divine judgment works.

The word Allah corresponds to the Islamic deity. If your excuse were acceptable, Egyptian Christians would be allowed to call the Biblical God "Amon Ra", which is unthinkable.

Egyptian Christians use the word "noute," from the old "neter," another word with pagan origin.

DeniseDenise
Tiredness personified
Archon

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2013, 09:19:01 AM »

I do not object to the use of the word Theos, God, Elohim, Ilah... Some posters have not understood my point yet. *sigh*

Oh no....we get your point.

alas, it's just not a point we chose to agree with...

I personally find less issue with them using a SEMITIC  language word for God.....it bearing some relation to Hebrew....than a Malay word for God, which is sure to have come from a much different and less monotheistic language and cultural base.

LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2013, 09:19:06 AM »

At the risk of upsetting folks, I would like to come to the defense of Theophilos.

I don't speak Arabic, and therefore, don't really know the history and use of the language.

However, the use of Allah as God, rings hollow in my ears.  Yes, this may be because I am not the one saying it.  However, I am surrounded by Arabs.  When I visit either of the huge Antiochian churches in my area, I have never heard the use of "Allah"....ever.  Lots of Arabic words thrown around, but, never Allah.  This may be because the services I attended were mostly in English, because they knew a mixed crowd was coming.  I don't know.

However, I work with a good number of Arabs, and they are all Muslim....and use Allah every 5 minutes.  Allah this, Allah that, Inshallah, ...

I turn on the news and I see all the violence done in the world in the name of Allah.

So, to me, Allah actually is rather chilling, and does not bring peace to my heart.

Having said that...I completely understand Arabic people sticking to their own language, as I prefer Ukrainian to anything else....and I would be the last person to stop someone praying in their own tongue.

However, many "Faith" based words, are not in my mother tongue....even when said in "Ukrainian".  We have Літургія - Liturhiya - Liturgy.  Definitely with Greek origins.  Iconostas, solea, amvon, etc.

We have many words that we use that are not of our mother tongue when it comes to God.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2013, 09:20:00 AM »

Of course you don't, because in your time posting here you have been consistently anti-Muslim, not anti-pagan.  However, as an anti-pagan, I am now petitioning Congress in the US to ban all words that start with theo, god, etc.  It is time we got rid of these words with pagan origins.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2013, 09:20:35 AM »

Does Elohim count?

Elohim is the Hebrew word for God. It is used in the Bible in the sense of "deity" or "the thing that's worshipped". We can say Elohim in Hebrew as we can say God in English, Dio in Italian, Theos in Greek etc. However, the name of our Elohim/God/Ilah/Dio/Deus is stated in Exodus 3:15.

Theophilos78
Warned
Archon

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2013, 09:22:25 AM »

At the risk of upsetting folks, I would like to come to the defense of Theophilos.

I don't speak Arabic, and therefore, don't really know the history and use of the language.

However, the use of Allah as God, rings hollow in my ears.  Yes, this may be because I am not the one saying it.  However, I am surrounded by Arabs.  When I visit either of the huge Antiochian churches in my area, I have never heard the use of "Allah"....ever.  Lots of Arabic words thrown around, but, never Allah.  This may be because the services I attended were mostly in English, because they knew a mixed crowd was coming.  I don't know.

However, I work with a good number of Arabs, and they are all Muslim....and use Allah every 5 minutes.  Allah this, Allah that, Inshallah, ...

I turn on the news and I see all the violence done in the world in the name of Allah.

So, to me, Allah actually is rather chilling, and does not bring peace to my heart.

Having said that...I completely understand Arabic people sticking to their own language, as I prefer Ukrainian to anything else....and I would be the last person to stop someone praying in their own tongue.

However, many "Faith" based words, are not in my mother tongue....even when said in "Ukrainian".  We have Літургія - Liturhiya - Liturgy.  Definitely with Greek origins.  Iconostas, solea, amvon, etc.

We have many words that we use that are not of our mother tongue when it comes to God.

Thanks! Finally someone with common sense!  angel

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2013, 09:22:39 AM »

This may be because the services I attended were mostly in English, because they knew a mixed crowd was coming.  I don't know.

This is why the internet is wonderful. If we don't know the answer to some basic factual question, we can do a quick google search instead of exposing our ignorance to everyone. Do a quick Google search, right now, for the Trisagion in Arabic. What word does the Arabic Trisagion use for "God"?

Tags: Allah Arabs are cool :3 Oh heavens <_< Ya Allah! 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: