OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 04:00:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I make my parents life a living hell but they still love me  (Read 1648 times) Average Rating: 0
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2013, 10:55:53 AM »

Don't try to force them and don't even bring up discussions if they are not going to be mutually accepted. I have fought (not argued, but fought) just about everybody in my life regarding these issues. What can I say, lots of energy and nerves wasted and nothing came of it. Do I regret it? No, it's been pretty cool. Smiley Is it the normal way to do things? Nope. But you need a lot of (painful) experience to learn that. Smiley So, basically, just be calm and enjoy yourself as they go to hell with smiles on their faces...

Just to make sure. The above is a joke! Someone just told me that they felt that "be calm and enjoy yourself as they go to hell with smile on their faces" is a bit harsh. Sorry, I don't mean that literally. Of course, you are not going to passionately enjoy yourself when others are having trouble, but it's as if it's your only option, it doesn't make a difference anyway since they simply don't want to hear you. There's a funny irony, but it's definitely not a happy situation.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:58:24 AM by IoanC » Logged

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: