Author Topic: I make my parents life a living hell but they still love me  (Read 1814 times)

Offline IoanC

• Archon
Re: I make my parents life a living hell but they still love me
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2013, 10:55:53 AM »
Don't try to force them and don't even bring up discussions if they are not going to be mutually accepted. I have fought (not argued, but fought) just about everybody in my life regarding these issues. What can I say, lots of energy and nerves wasted and nothing came of it. Do I regret it? No, it's been pretty cool. :) Is it the normal way to do things? Nope. But you need a lot of (painful) experience to learn that. :) So, basically, just be calm and enjoy yourself as they go to hell with smiles on their faces...

Just to make sure. The above is a joke! Someone just told me that they felt that "be calm and enjoy yourself as they go to hell with smile on their faces" is a bit harsh. Sorry, I don't mean that literally. Of course, you are not going to passionately enjoy yourself when others are having trouble, but it's as if it's your only option, it doesn't make a difference anyway since they simply don't want to hear you. There's a funny irony, but it's definitely not a happy situation.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:58:24 AM by IoanC »