OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 26, 2014, 03:54:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emergency prayer request- homeless by next week...  (Read 1205 times) Average Rating: 0
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« on: October 10, 2013, 12:30:57 PM »

Hey y'all,

I'm doing my best to remain calm, but my wife and I are facing a serious situation which could leave us homeless by next week.  I've never gone through anything like this before and would sincerely appreciate any prayers you could offer up for us.  Thank you so much.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Leave that no-account Oogie-Boogie out of this!

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 12:42:57 PM »

Lord have mercy x 40 (virtual hugs as well)

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
xOrthodox4Christx
Archon

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 12:44:33 PM »

Lord have mercy.

"Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth.... While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." (Eugene Debs)
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 12:46:44 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

"And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin
is pride that apes humility."
-Samuel Coleridge
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 12:49:22 PM »

May Lord be merciful and help you find a way out of your current situation.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 01:33:19 PM »

A family member has stepped up to help us out, yet things are far from over and the threat of losing our home is still very real.  If you have time, please continue praying for my wife and I.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 02:21:54 PM »

A family member has stepped up to help us out, yet things are far from over and the threat of losing our home is still very real.  If you have time, please continue praying for my wife and I.

We have walked in your shoes and you and your family are in our prayers. Lord, have mercy. May the Birthgiver of God, the Theotokos, protect you and yours and keep you within her Holy Mantle as we approach the Old Calendar feast of the Pokrov.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 02:26:02 PM »

Lord have mercy.
Romaios
Archon

Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 02:36:02 PM »

Lord have mercy!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 02:38:23 PM »

Lord have mercy. Praise the Lord for your generous family member.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Jovan
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Diocese of Great Britain and Scandinavia

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 03:30:19 PM »

Who am I the wicked sinner to approach Thee O Lord, Thy Light breaks my darkness, I´m burning inside, cause your love overtakes my hate. But I ask Thee Lord, not for my sake, but for the sake of your loving servant GabrieltheCelt, who has asked me the unworthy to pray for him, to be guided to the the true comfort of your presence, whatever his situation is and will be. By the most humble prayers of Your Holy Mother, and all Thy Saints, have mercy upon us.

“Belatedly I loved thee, O Beauty so ancient and so new, belatedly I loved thee. For see, thou wast within and I was without, and I sought thee out there."
Gamliel
Archon

Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 03:34:48 PM »

Have you spoken with your priest?  Through the intercessions of St. Nicholas, LORD have mercy!
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 05:30:03 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Hawkeye
Onomatodoxicologist
High Elder

Faith: I don't mean to brag but...
Jurisdiction: I've been in an Antiochian church.

Old, "Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing."

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 05:34:37 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 05:37:27 PM »

Lord have mercy!

I'm not in the position to offer you real help, but I do hope you get it soon.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthodox4life

Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 05:39:21 PM »

Lord have mercy as you've had mercy on me

The true Orthodox way of thought has always been historical, has always included the past, but has never been enslaved by it. . . for the strength of the Church is not in the past, present, or future, but in Christ.

-Fr. Alexander Schmemann
marigold
OC.net guru

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 06:36:34 PM »

Lord, have mercy on GabrieltheCelt and his wife.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 07:38:55 PM »

We have walked in your shoes and you and your family are in our prayers. Lord, have mercy. May the Birthgiver of God, the Theotokos, protect you and yours and keep you within her Holy Mantle as we approach the Old Calendar feast of the Pokrov.

Amen!

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Sinful Hypocrite
Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: "The Orthodox Church" by Bishop Kallistos Ware: "We know where the Church is but we cannot be sure where it is not; and so we must refrain from passing judgment on non-Orthodox Christians."

Great googly moogly!

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 07:52:20 PM »

Remember that it is good also, and rejoice in your trials.
Luke 6:20
“Blessed are you who are poor,
for yours is the kingdom of God.
21Blessed are you who hunger now,
for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who weep now,
for you will laugh.
22Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you and insult you
and reject your name as evil,
because of the Son of Man.
23“Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets.

24“But woe to you who are rich,
for you have already received your comfort.
25Woe to you who are well fed now,
for you will go hungry.
Woe to you who laugh now,
for you will mourn and weep.
26Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you,
for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.

The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 09:24:56 PM »

Update: I believe we have recieved enough financial assistance to pull us out of this mess.  It really hinges upon the bank tomorrow morning...  I am sincerely humbled by those of you who stepped forward, via PM, to go the extra mile.  And to all of you who have offered prayers, I humbly prostrate myself before you.  I hope I'm not being too melodramatic, but I sincerely believe that this is a life changing event.

To give you some idea of what this is about- my wife had a miscommunication with our mortgage lender some time ago and because of this, we got behind on our payments.  When I discovered this, they had already turned us over to their lawyers.  I can understand this part.  But I found out through a neighbor that they have announced through various real estate media that our house is scheduled to go into foreclosure and will be up for sale this coming Tuesday the 15th!  We had little warning about them lawyering up, and absolutely no warning about the foreclosure sale.  We'll be checking to see if that is legal for them to do, but right now, we're at the mercy of our bank/lender.  I'm not educated enough to give you the financial/lender terms, but hopefully that explains a little.  If hadn't been for our neighbor alerting us, it would've been too late...

As I said, we ain't out of the dark just yet.  My wife will be absolutely devastated if we lose our house, but whatever happens I know that God will be there with us.  Never-the-less, I humbly ask that you please continue your prayers if you have time.   

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 09:29:48 PM »

That sounds utterly insane.

Will keep the prayers going and glad to hear you have the financial assistance. I can't say anymore since this is the prayer forum.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 10:08:35 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Gabriel and his wife.

AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST, ALLELEUIA
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2013, 12:11:57 PM »

Update: we're still waiting to hear from the lenders' lawyer to know how much we need to wire transfer to them.  My fears are that, either we won't be able to cover the amount, or we won't receive their email in time to get them their money before the banks close. 

For clarity- I want to explain that when I said that this was due to a miscommunication with my wife and the lender, by no means was I assigning blame to her.  Also, we have the finances to take care of the back-owed amount; it's the lawyer fees that have stung me to the core.

Your continued prayers are SO appreciated. Smiley

Gayle

Faith: Orthodox christan

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2013, 02:46:24 PM »

Lord have mercy
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2013, 02:50:48 PM »

GTC, sorry to hear, Lord Have Mercy.  I hope and pray that you will sleep well for many years in your house.

RehamG
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Inquirer

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2013, 03:21:17 PM »

Lord, have mercy! What a horrible thing to be going through  Undecided

"A humble man who lives a spiritual life, when he reads the Holy Scriptures, will relate all things to himself and not to others.”

– St. Mark the Ascetic, Sermon, 1.6
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2013, 04:08:44 PM »

Update:  Despite repeated emails and phone calls sent to their lawyer, we still haven't heard from them.  I really needed to hear from them so that I could have the amount of money they needed to re-instate us.  The only option I felt I had was to go ahead and have our credit union wire them the funds.  I'm positive that the amount I transferred to them will be more than they're asking, so I am praying that that won't affect us negatively; I can see them saying that because it's not the exact amount, they couldn't process it or something.  To make this whole thing even more nerve-wracking, banks will be closed this coming Monday for Columbus Day.  If for some reason the don't get the money, or if they can't accept the transfer because it was too much, the sale will go through on Tuesday and we will have 30 days to vacate and find a place to live.

BUT, we both have full-time jobs, our health, and are confident that God will provide whether or not it's this house or some other place. 

Thank you all so much for listening and praying for our little problem!  May God bless all of you!

TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2013, 08:42:38 PM »

Update:  Despite repeated emails and phone calls sent to their lawyer, we still haven't heard from them.  I really needed to hear from them so that I could have the amount of money they needed to re-instate us.  The only option I felt I had was to go ahead and have our credit union wire them the funds.  I'm positive that the amount I transferred to them will be more than they're asking, so I am praying that that won't affect us negatively; I can see them saying that because it's not the exact amount, they couldn't process it or something.  To make this whole thing even more nerve-wracking, banks will be closed this coming Monday for Columbus Day.  If for some reason the don't get the money, or if they can't accept the transfer because it was too much, the sale will go through on Tuesday and we will have 30 days to vacate and find a place to live.

BUT, we both have full-time jobs, our health, and are confident that God will provide whether or not it's this house or some other place. 

Thank you all so much for listening and praying for our little problem!  May God bless all of you!
Do you have an attorney yourself?

You can always show up to the sale on Tuesday, there attorney will likely be there to submit a bid.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2013, 08:46:08 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2013, 09:39:47 PM »

Continued prayers. Lord, have mercy.

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2013, 10:22:35 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2013, 01:59:04 AM »

Kyrie eleison!

Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2013, 03:36:48 AM »

Just now seeing this brother. Good grief. So sorry you're having to deal with this. I know it must be nerve wracking. My humble prayers.

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

"Beauty is truth, and Orthodoxy is beautiful." +GMK+
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2013, 10:07:48 PM »

...we will have 30 days to vacate and find a place to live.

Update: We will be lucky to have this much time.  I've read that we could have as little time as 24 hrs to pack up and vacate; a near impossible endeavor.  But I've done some research and it seems that for the state of MO, redemption law states that if the loan reinstatement is paid in full anytime before the sale,  the house remains in our possession. 

Please continue to keep my wife and I in your prayers.  And again, thank you all so very much for the prayers and encouraging PM's you've sent us.  It really means a lot to us.

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2013, 10:31:40 PM »

Lord, have mercy

I am very sorry that you have going through this.

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2013, 10:46:33 PM »

I'm so sorry, this sounds truly awful. Prayers for both of you that you can get out of this situation somehow!!  Sad

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2013, 10:49:41 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2013, 10:50:02 PM »

Gabriel, I cannot imagine what you and your wife are going through.  You have my prayers.  

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2013, 10:09:08 AM »

Brothers and sisters,  I just got off the phone with the lender and they received our money and the sale is OFF.  WE GET TO  KEEP OUR HOUSE!!!  Thank you all so so much for your prayers!  You'll never know how thankful my wife and I are for you folks!  A crushing weight has been lifted!

Glory to Jesus Christ!  Most Holy Theotokos, steadfast protectress, pray for this sinner!

TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2013, 10:10:28 AM »

Brothers and sisters,  I just got off the phone with the lender and they received our money and the sale is OFF.  WE GET TO  KEEP OUR HOUSE!!!  Thank you all so so much for your prayers!  You'll never know how thankful my wife and I are for you folks!  A crushing weight has been lifted!

Glory to Jesus Christ!  Most Holy Theotokos, steadfast protectress, pray for this sinner!

PRAISE BE TO GOD!!!!

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »

Thank God!!! 

Now get that in writing ASAP, preferably today. 

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »

YAHOO!!  Glad to hear it, rejoicing in your good news!!  Grin  Cool  angel

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2013, 11:10:51 AM »

Thanks and praise to God!

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2013, 01:34:45 PM »

Glory to God.  Wonderful news. Congrats.

SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2013, 01:52:49 PM »

Glory to God!
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: