OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 26, 2014, 12:29:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Re-Conquering of Constantinopolis - Ethical/Moral Implications  (Read 4636 times) Average Rating: 0
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2013, 08:15:57 PM »

Cheese whiz is nasty and is unfit for any decent food, no matter how much some try to push it as a tradition.
Kinda like Pepperoni.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Jonathan Gress
Warned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2013, 10:52:29 PM »

Next time you visit Philly, don't bother with cheesesteaks; you can get those anywhere nowadays. Get a roast pork sandwich with sharp provolone and "greens" (broccoli rabe). There's a great sandwich place at 12th and Sansom called Jake's. Also try the Italian Market.
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2013, 11:56:26 PM »

It is the dream of most Orthodox Christians that Constantinople once again flourish as a Christian center city.  But let's say that re-conquering is a possiblity, what moral and ethical obligations to the Muhammadan would we have as Christians?  Could we impose Greek as the lingua franca?  Would that mean Turkish is outlawed only to be spoken in homes?  How about relocating the Turk to accomodate Christians?  Would that be moral?  Obviously we would once again pray in Hagia Sophia, but what of the cities other mosques?  Would we close some?  Turn them into Churches?  

Just a few things to ponder, I guess...

This dream would not be accomplished as you envisioned.

It might be accomplished if circumstances were constructed that necessitated a union between Greece and Turkey. I probably could go on in more detail but there does not seem to be much interest in regard to the OP.

Jonathan Gress
Warned
Archon

Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2013, 12:28:36 AM »

The post about how the reconquest would happen when the Turks converted was the best one on this thread, and that's where it should have ended, although I do like talking about pork sandwiches.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2013, 12:32:52 AM »

Bacon, I am smelling the bacon.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2013, 06:39:21 AM »

Next time you visit Philly, don't bother with cheesesteaks; you can get those anywhere nowadays. Get a roast pork sandwich with sharp provolone and "greens" (broccoli rabe). There's a great sandwich place at 12th and Sansom called Jake's. Also try the Italian Market.

There ya go. There's a lot of native Philly food other (and better) than cheesesteaks.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2013, 08:33:31 AM »

Two or three ways in which it could hypothetically happen.

1) The most likely way would be if Greece and Turkey formed a union with each other, which, I guess is possibly given that Turkey REAALLY wants into the E.U. and would probably do something drastic like giving the Hagia Sophia back to Christians as a way of proving their loyalty and apologizing for crimes committed by the Ottoman Empire.

2) The Turks convert to Eastern Orthodoxy and Constantinople naturally becomes the center of Christianity.

3) We suffer a massive genocide like the Jews with international attention and then terrorist Orthodox groups backed by the West go into Istantbul and forcibly dislocate the Turks like the Zionists did to the Palestinians, and Constantinople as well as other parts of Turkey become the Middle East's Christian State.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2013, 08:34:25 AM »

1) The most likely way would be if Greece and Turkey formed a union with each other, which, I guess is possibly given that Turkey REAALLY wants into the E.U. and would probably do something drastic like giving the Hagia Sophia back to Christians as a way of proving their loyalty and apologizing for crimes committed by the Ottoman Empire.

You understand nothing about Euorpean history nor politics.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2013, 09:46:34 AM »

That's impossible- he must know a great deal, since he has an opinion on everything.

podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2013, 10:28:08 AM »

Italian Market is awesome, my son and family lived near there for several years, now a bit further towards Oregon and still shop there year round for meat and produce. There's a great diner there on Oregon between Broad and the I-95 called of all things, the Oregon Diner, a few blocks from the sports complex. Worth the stop. Is Samson near Oregon? I turn left on 13 I think to get to their apartment. Parking is a nightmare though.....
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2013, 02:13:07 PM »

Fixed that for you, Michal.  I'm sure it was just an oversight. 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
JoeS2
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2013, 02:48:43 PM »

Is it that important that the Orthodox reclaim the Hagia Sophia?  We like to point to it and claim it the most beautiful church in Christiandom, at least at one time, but do we really expect the Turks to return his Islamic prize to us?  Secondly, who will pay for it's upkeep.  Right now the government of Turkey is rejuvenating it from time to time to keep it from deterioration.  Its cheaper to just point.
JoeS2
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2013, 02:50:02 PM »

There ya go. There's a lot of native Philly food other (and better) than cheesesteaks.

Lee's hoagies are the best including their cheesesteaks.
podkarpatska
Merarches

Pokrov

« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2013, 02:53:48 PM »

Is it that important that the Orthodox reclaim the Hagia Sophia?  We like to point to it and claim it the most beautiful church in Christiandom, at least at one time, but do we really expect the Turks to return his Islamic prize to us?  Secondly, who will pay for it's upkeep.  Right now the government of Turkey is rejuvenating it from time to time to keep it from deterioration.  Its cheaper to just point.

If we could get the Catholics to reconvey the Grand Mesquita of Cordoba to the Muslim infidels, maybe we could make a deal?  Just kidding folks, really..... Grin
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2013, 03:18:13 PM »

Looks like I am going to have to take up JamesR's banner yet again and pray he remembers my work when he is finished flaying all those who opposed him during his more humble years.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Rufus
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: GOA

Nafpliotis with sunglasses and a cigar.

« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2013, 03:28:21 PM »

What about a union between Turkey and New York? If only Woodrow Wilson had known...
Nikolaos Greek
Last among equals

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Greece

« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2013, 09:14:17 AM »

Constantinopolis will rose again and it should be the begin for spreading Orthodoxy to the whole world before the dark times come.

God is Love.
Ό Θεός ἀγάπη ἐστί.
There is no luck, there is no fate. There are always two ways. One is God's and one is devil's. And in each step of your life you have to pick one, always.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2013, 11:18:42 AM »

Constantinopolis will rose again and it should be the begin for spreading Orthodoxy to the whole world before the dark times come.

Image removed for containing language that violates our rules on profane/obscene language.  -PtA
 Due to a history of being warned for using profanity, I will give you a warning.  Nevertheless, since this was an acronym, which was the first time to my knowledge that you used an acronym, I will only give a 7-day warning and quote the part of the rules dealing with obscenities/profanity given here:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?action=rules

* Obscenity, Blasphemy, Profanity, etc. -- Obscenities and blasphemies are not permitted anywhere on the forum. To accommodate strong polemics on the Private Forum, we will permit a few of the stronger scatological (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scatological) profanities there. These words, however, will be permitted ONLY on the Private Forum; their use on the Public Forum is still forbidden. Other words such as "damn" and "hell", when used as expletives, will be permitted on all Public and Private boards as long as they're not used as part of a blasphemy. We reserve the right to moderate some language not on the list if it is way outside the bounds of common decency. If you're not sure about the appropriateness of a word or expression, please PM a moderator before using it on the forum.  Except for "BS," all acronyms (STFU, WTF, etc.), abbreviations (F-off, etc.), and semi-censored versions (F**K, BULLS**T, etc.) of forbidden words are also forbidden.  Quite simply, harsh, obscene, or foul language is not appropriate for an Orthodox Christian message board.  Our Lord is present even in the forums and we don't feel like hosting your foul language on our servers--free expression is one thing, but on a Christian message board you will have to act like a Christian even in a theoretically unmoderated sub-section of the board.

God bless!

Mina
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 05:16:07 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2013, 11:19:32 AM »

laugh

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Romaios
Archon

Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2013, 11:30:47 AM »

Image removed for containing language that violates our rules on profane/obscene language.  -PtA

Η Ρωμανία κι αν 'πέρασε, ανθεί και φέρει κι άλλο...

"Even if Constantinople (Romania - the Roman Empire) is gone, it still blooms and will yet bear fruit."

« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 05:16:50 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Nikolaos Greek
Last among equals

« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2013, 04:51:32 PM »

I know it from prophesies and I don't think is appropriate to use bad words

God is Love.
Ό Θεός ἀγάπη ἐστί.
There is no luck, there is no fate. There are always two ways. One is God's and one is devil's. And in each step of your life you have to pick one, always.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2013, 08:10:07 AM »

Just because its a prophecy doesn't make it holy, or above criticism. Just like the two priests hidden in a wall waiting for the Hagia Sophia to be reclaimed for Christianity. IMO that is silly. They're dead and gone. Lets focus on reality.

That being said, I have been warned for my behavior, and I agree that I should have been.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Hawkeye
Onomatodoxicologist
High Elder

Faith: I don't mean to brag but...
Jurisdiction: I've been in an Antiochian church.

Old, "Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing."

« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2013, 08:19:33 AM »

Just because its a prophecy doesn't make it holy, or above criticism. Just like the two priests hidden in a wall waiting for the Hagia Sophia to be reclaimed for Christianity. IMO that is silly. They're dead and gone. Lets focus on reality.

That being said, I have been warned for my behavior, and I agree that I should have been.

PP

If the prophecies attributed to Elder Paisios are truly his, should we so quickly put them on the same level as the legend you mentioned?

Personally, I feel that we should pay little heed to prophecies, no matter whose they are. That doesn't mean, however, that we should disparage them willy-nilly but rather simply set them aside.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:21:21 AM by Hawkeye » Logged

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2013, 08:25:56 AM »

I'm not sure if this was already linked to, but this is apropos:

http://www.johnsanidopoulos.com/2012/03/controversial-end-time-prophecies-by.html

Robert scho

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2013, 02:01:26 PM »

Greetings to all and may god bless you;

Constantinople, I truly believe Constantines vision before that great battle (in this sign conquer),
that our lord used him for the greater good and furtherance of Christianity in a war torn part of the world at the time-Thankyou God that Orthodoxy made it all the way to America for our hope in the calling of many to salvation and mine too.

As far as the reconstitution of the original Constantinople? wonderful thought-wouldnt be against it definitely though I'll take New Jerusalem first.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 02:10:53 PM by Robert scho » Logged

For a Christian ending to our life, painless, blameless, peaceful; and a good defense before the dread judgement seat of Christ, let us ask of the Lord.
And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2013, 07:42:06 PM »

And don't forget the endless arguments over liturgics should it become an Orthodox church again.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #161 on: October 28, 2013, 07:42:51 PM »

Is it that important that the Orthodox reclaim the Hagia Sophia?  We like to point to it and claim it the most beautiful church in Christiandom, at least at one time, but do we really expect the Turks to return his Islamic prize to us?  Secondly, who will pay for it's upkeep.  Right now the government of Turkey is rejuvenating it from time to time to keep it from deterioration.  Its cheaper to just point.

If we could get the Catholics to reconvey the Grand Mesquita of Cordoba to the Muslim infidels, maybe we could make a deal?  Just kidding folks, really..... Grin

It was  Christian church before the Moorish conquest. It was the church of St. Vincent. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosque%E2%80%93Cathedral_of_C%C3%B3rdoba)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:47:09 PM by Shanghaiski » Logged

If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #162 on: October 28, 2013, 07:45:50 PM »

PP

If the prophecies attributed to Elder Paisios are truly his, should we so quickly put them on the same level as the legend you mentioned?

Personally, I feel that we should pay little heed to prophecies, no matter whose they are. That doesn't mean, however, that we should disparage them willy-nilly but rather simply set them aside.

Well said.

primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2013, 07:50:20 AM »

Personally, I feel that we should pay little heed to prophecies, no matter whose they are. That doesn't mean, however, that we should disparage them willy-nilly but rather simply set them aside
Sorry, I just find such prophecies to be rather silly. However, if it was a prophecy just speaking about how the Hagia Sophia would one day return to Christian hands and it would usher in a Golden Age of evangelism, that I could get behind.

However priests hiding in walls, etc? Sorry. I find it silly.

PP

Gregory the Great

podkarpatska
Merarches

Pokrov

« Reply #164 on: October 29, 2013, 10:44:55 AM »

Is it that important that the Orthodox reclaim the Hagia Sophia?  We like to point to it and claim it the most beautiful church in Christiandom, at least at one time, but do we really expect the Turks to return his Islamic prize to us?  Secondly, who will pay for it's upkeep.  Right now the government of Turkey is rejuvenating it from time to time to keep it from deterioration.  Its cheaper to just point.

If we could get the Catholics to reconvey the Grand Mesquita of Cordoba to the Muslim infidels, maybe we could make a deal?  Just kidding folks, really..... Grin

It was  Christian church before the Moorish conquest. It was the church of St. Vincent. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosque%E2%80%93Cathedral_of_C%C3%B3rdoba)

Not exactly akin to horsemen breaking through the doors, desecrating the Eucharist and massacaring the priests though...

"After the Islamic conquest of the Visigothic Kingdom, the church was divided between the Muslims and Christians. When the exiled Umayyad prince Abd al-Rahman I escaped to Spain and defeated the governor of Al-Andalus, Yusuf al-Fihri, he allowed the Christians to rebuild their ruined churches, and purchased the Christian half of the church of St. Vincent."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosque%E2%80%93Cathedral_of_C%C3%B3rdoba
Nikolaos Greek
Last among equals

« Reply #165 on: November 02, 2013, 07:06:54 AM »

For what reason you find it is not smart?
Is there something impossible for God? Or do you think God always do things that look smart at our eyes?

God is Love.
Ό Θεός ἀγάπη ἐστί.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #166 on: November 05, 2013, 08:30:53 AM »

Is there something impossible for God?
Nope. Not at all. However, just because someone prophesied something, does not mean it came from God....nor the Devil...just one man (a very holy man at that) saying something....sometimes a spoon is just a spoon.

Or do you think God always do things that look smart at our eyes?
No, not at all. However I think that sitting around and dreaming about Istanbul returning to Christian hands is a waste of time. If it happens, great. If not, oh well. What flag is raised over the city will not lead one person to Christ.

Stop fantasizing about trivial things and live your faith so people can see Christ in you. This whole topic is nothing but an exercise in vanity.

PP
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:31:33 AM by primuspilus » Logged

Gregory the Great

brastaseptim
Protopsáltis
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

From BBC Louisiana to you, here's the morning news

« Reply #167 on: November 05, 2013, 08:48:36 AM »

Personally, I feel that we should pay little heed to prophecies, no matter whose they are. That doesn't mean, however, that we should disparage them willy-nilly but rather simply set them aside
Sorry, I just find such prophecies to be rather silly. However, if it was a prophecy just speaking about how the Hagia Sophia would one day return to Christian hands and it would usher in a Golden Age of evangelism, that I could get behind.

PP

Personally speaking, I think it'll be a while before Constantinople becomes the center of Orthodoxy again, if it does. The Turks aren't that desperate to get into the EU, and besides, the upkeep of the Hagia Sofia is a bit pricey.

BBC news certified; The Guardian rejected; OC.net approved.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #168 on: November 05, 2013, 10:26:38 AM »

Personally speaking, I think it'll be a while before Constantinople becomes the center of Orthodoxy again, if it does
I dont think it ever will be again. But then again, my thoughts on this and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee Smiley

The Turks aren't that desperate to get into the EU
The moment it becomes financially and politically beneficial to the EU to have Turkey as a member, they will be. If not, they wont be. Either way, the Hagia Sophia will still not be in Christian hands, and the Halki School will still be closed.

PP

Gregory the Great

Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #169 on: November 05, 2013, 10:29:40 AM »

PP

Personally speaking, I think it'll be a while before Constantinople becomes the center of Orthodoxy again, if it does. The Turks aren't that desperate to get into the EU, and besides, the upkeep of the Hagia Sofia is a bit pricey.

And it has to said that there a range of constituencies across the EU that are opposed to Turkey's proposed EU entry.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #170 on: November 05, 2013, 10:33:24 AM »

PP

And it has to said that there a range of constituencies across the EU that are opposed to Turkey's proposed EU entry.
Im glad. I'd hate to be the guy having to order new business cards changing the European Union to the European and-sometimes-Asian Union..... laugh

PP

Gregory the Great

Math lover

Faith: Shia Muslim
Jurisdiction: Twelver

« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2013, 03:05:09 PM »

PP

There's no way in Hell 70 million Muslims will be allowed inside Europe.
Math lover

« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2013, 03:06:09 PM »

PP

Im glad. I'd hate to be the guy having to order new business cards changing the European Union to the European and-sometimes-Asian Union..... laugh

PP

Cyprus is entirely in Asia, yet it's in the EU.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2013, 03:08:33 PM »

PP

PP

Cyprus has a decidedly European culture, and its place whether in Europe or Asia has been debated a very long time.

PP

Gregory the Great

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2013, 03:09:33 PM »

Yeah, there are already 44 million.  I'm sure they won't mind a few more. Roll Eyes

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2013, 03:13:28 PM »

Since when has "allowed" seriously factored into questions like this? 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #176 on: November 08, 2013, 03:16:37 PM »

Since when has "allowed" seriously factored into questions like this? 

I chuckled.

"Papers, please.  Oh, Muslim?  Hmmm, yes, we'll let you in.  Our quota is getting close, though."

Math lover

« Reply #177 on: November 08, 2013, 07:36:22 PM »

Yeah, there are already 44 million.  I'm sure they won't mind a few more. Roll Eyes

Turkey getting into the EU means getting access to Schenghen, which will allow Turks to freely live and work in other Schenghen countries.
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #178 on: November 08, 2013, 08:48:12 PM »

PP

PP

Cyprus has a decidedly European culture, and its place whether in Europe or Asia has been debated a very long time.

PP

Have you ever been there? Greece and Turkey and the Balkans?

I have.

Turkey is just as "European" as any of those places.

I am not necessarily for the inclusion of Turkey into the EU, in fact, I said long ago they never should have let Greece in. It is no wonder the place is a drag that it has been on the EU.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 08:48:40 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #179 on: November 09, 2013, 01:09:14 AM »

This thread is getting very close to becoming political.  Please get back to the topic and try not to talk about politics.

Thank you.

Mina

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: