OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 03:15:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: School and sadness  (Read 494 times) Average Rating: 0
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« on: October 03, 2013, 09:59:06 PM »

I've felt pretty sad lately. I'm not doing too well in school because of procrastination on OC.net and 4chan and I haven't connected with too many people around school. Usually that latter part wouldn't bother me as I'm pretty solitary and used to being independent, but it's been starting to really get on me lately.

Please pray for me.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
xOrthodox4Christx
Protokentarchos

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 10:02:56 PM »

I've felt pretty sad lately. I'm not doing too well in school because of procrastination on OC.net and 4chan and I haven't connected with too many people around school. Usually that latter part wouldn't bother me as I'm pretty solitary and used to being independent, but it's been starting to really get on me lately.

Please pray for me.

Trust me, I should've watched my movie and finished my paper by now. I'll probably have to pull an all-nighter.

Lord have mercy.

"Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth.... While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." (Eugene Debs)
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 10:19:07 PM »

Lord have mercy.
Hawkeye
Дїѡни́сїй Качема́ческїй, Oнома́тодоѯологъ
High Elder

Faith: The Old Belief, as it were
Jurisdiction: Betwixt a "Rock" and familiarity

IN THIS, CONQUER!

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 10:21:05 PM »

Please pray for me.

You and I, we're kindred spirits.

Trust me, I should've watched my movie and finished my paper by now. I'll probably have to pull an all-nighter.

Lord have mercy.

I did that yesterday. Got out of it relatively unscathed but ideally, I shouldn't be finding myself in such situations in the first place.

Lord have mercy on us all.

Quote from: The Excess of Blessed Constantine's Pious Concern
For while the people of God, whose fellow servant I am, are thus divided amongst themselves by an unreasonable and pernicious spirit of contention, how is it possible that I shall be able to maintain tranquility of mind?
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 09:46:42 PM »

Lord, have mercy on William, Hawkeye, and xOrthodox4Christx. Grant them diligence and enthusiasm.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 09:48:50 PM »

Lord, have mercy on William, Hawkeye, and xOrthodox4Christx. Grant them diligence and enthusiasm.

Amen.

Lord have mercy.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
orthodox4life

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 09:50:11 PM »

Lord bless our brother William and comfort him

The true Orthodox way of thought has always been historical, has always included the past, but has never been enslaved by it. . . for the strength of the Church is not in the past, present, or future, but in Christ.

-Fr. Alexander Schmemann
wainscottbl
Aspie weirdo of the forum
Archon

Faith: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

Sister and my two nieces, Halloween 2014.

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 02:22:36 PM »

Yeah just got my paper and way behind. Going to have to BS some of it, but the paper I am going to have to at least read the history on Caesar and the Gallic Wars. Best thing to do is keep up with the work. I tend to spend too much time on Facebook.

"To love someone means to see him as God intended him."
                                                                   --Fyodor Dostoevsky
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 12:32:53 PM »

Lord,  have mercy on them all.

Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 12:34:26 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 10:58:38 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

I haven't connected with too many people around school

Same here.

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: