OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 26, 2014, 01:18:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liturgy - St Cyril VI  (Read 345 times) Average Rating: 0
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« on: October 02, 2013, 06:20:59 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O06mE21xiM

Does anyone know what the occasion was?  In addition to St Cyril, I see HH Jacob III of Antioch and I think the Indian Catholicos is somewhere in there as well (I could've sworn hearing his name commemorated...anyway, I definitely saw an Indian priest scurry across the sanctuary at one point).  There seem to be a lot of non-Orthodox guests as well. 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 06:30:55 PM »

Ras Tafari is there as well. I guess it's one of the pan-Oriental Orthodox conferences he arranged. I think it took place in January 1965. His address to the Conference is available somewhere online.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:32:45 PM by Orthodox11 » Logged
kijabeboy03
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

"The glory of God is in man fully alive."

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 11:18:55 AM »

Ras Tafari is there as well. I guess it's one of the pan-Oriental Orthodox conferences he arranged. I think it took place in January 1965. His address to the Conference is available somewhere online.

*Emperor Haile Silase ("ras" is a noble rank and "Teferi" was His Majesty's birth name)

"This is the Apostolic Faith, the Orthodox Faith, and the Faith of the Fathers. Having this wonderful treasure, let us preserve it, let us keep it, and let us also use it in such a way that this treasure becomes the victory of Christ in us and in His Church." ~ St. Severus of Antioch ~
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 06:25:53 PM »

No...I believe this was the inaugural liturgy of the new St. Mark's Cathedral in Cairo.

At the time, there were two OO patriarchs with the name "Baselius".  The one commemorated was most probably the Ethiopian patriarch.  We Copts seem to have a habit to name all the patriarchs of Africa as well as the Syriac patriarch due to the very close relationship those two churches had.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 06:37:58 PM by minasoliman » Logged

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 11:11:01 PM »

Here's a digitally remastered video with better audio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yF_zjxtFsQ

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: