OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 09:35:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ‘Chronicles of Narnia’ Fourth Film Planned  (Read 370 times) Average Rating: 0
monkvasyl
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: UOC 0f USA

« on: October 02, 2013, 10:08:42 AM »

“The Silver Chair” will make it to the big screen

Aslan will roar on the big screen again.

The C.S. Lewis Company will partner with The Mark Gordon Company to jointly develop and produce a feature film adaptation of “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair.”

Plans for a big screen version of the fourth book in Lewis’ fantasy series were delayed after the third film in the series, “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader,” made slightly less at the box office than its producers had hoped, grossing north of $400 million on a $155 million budget.

http://www.thewrap.com/fourth-chronicles-of-narnia-film-planned-thanks-to-deal-with-mark-gordon/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=fourth-chronicles-of-narnia-film-planned-thanks-to-deal-with-mark-gordon

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 10:20:10 AM »

I thought the Magician's Nephew was going to be the next in the series.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 12:11:13 PM »

The Magician's Nephew will probably come sixth.

I haven't really followed the film series after The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I think it'd be neat to see all the Chronicles adapted to the big screen, so a part of me is glad it's going forward, even though I'm not a huge fan of the books.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 12:37:54 PM »

Oh dear. I was thinking (wishfully) that they aborted the series because of how terrible the first three were.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 01:03:21 PM »

Oh dear. I was thinking (wishfully) that they aborted the series because of how terrible the first three were.
The first two were ok, though as adaptations of children's books they were mostly children's movies. The third was just terrible.

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 01:44:02 PM »

The Silver Chair should be very interesting with the presence of the Green Witch and her enchantments or spells.

The Harry Potter crowd should be delighted.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 01:44:38 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 06:09:06 PM »

The first two were ok, though as adaptations of children's books they were mostly children's movies. The third was just terrible.

I don't think I'd call it terrible. The biggest change was that they made is one story instead of several -- which is understandable.

(Then again, I only saw it once, and perhaps I'm not remember some of the worse elements of it.)

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: