OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 03:00:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did the site go down again?  (Read 565 times) Average Rating: 0
vorgos

Faith: Orthodox

« on: September 28, 2013, 04:00:36 PM »

Did anyone else have problem connecting to the site today? I've trying all day and all I get is timeouts. I even tried accessing it through a proxy in brazil, just in case the problem was my side of the world...!?

Or, is the NSA up to something.....?  Cool
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 04:01:46 PM »

Yes.

Gradually fading away on a strict punishment schedule.
vorgos

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 04:08:00 PM »

Was it the DB again or something else?
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Katerina, my sister, dear beyond measure

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 04:23:34 PM »

Yes and when I get bored I read the 2005 posts at the Library of Congress:
http://www.loc.gov/resource/lcwa00085611.EqfkXdRCDGvJXB-EPNeD9A/#?time=20050502063024
Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 04:24:02 PM »

http://www.loc.gov/resource/lcwa00085611.EqfkXdRCDGvJXB-EPNeD9A/#?time=20050502063024

I didn't know the LOC had that, I always used archive.org.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Rufus
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA

Nafpliotis with sunglasses and a cigar.

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 04:26:53 PM »

The Forum probably just took a nap. What I find more of a problem is that the board is currently dominated by the Prayer Forum, and the rest is about TV shows, cigars,  coffee, etc.
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: <Insert your favourite patriotic attribute here> Orthodox

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 04:33:17 PM »

The Forum probably just took a nap. What I find more of a problem is that the board is currently dominated by the Prayer Forum, and the rest is about TV shows, cigars,  coffee, etc.

I like that. It's nice to see normal people writing about normal things instead of Netodox writing about Canons.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 04:33:38 PM by Alpo » Logged

Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 04:38:08 PM »

I like that. It's nice to see normal people writing about normal things instead of Netodox writing about Canons.

Well I shot a lot of terrorists today in Counter-Strike, so it was a very productive day.

After getting nearly fired yesterday for a comment at a co-worker, I needed to exert off some of my tension.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 04:43:11 PM »

Well I shot a lot of terrorists today in Counter-Strike, so it was a very productive day.

After getting nearly fired yesterday for a comment at a co-worker, I needed to exert off some of my tension.

Grin

What did you say?

Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 04:48:28 PM »

Grin

What did you say?
I might be exaggerating but I've been twisting the knife in my co-worker, sort of speak, for quite some time now.

I actually could see myself dating her but lately I can't get a good read on her. She'll be nice and sweet to me then instantly out of nowhere say something insulting towards me where I never even elicited it. I am not sure if this is her way to show she likes me but it is bizarre behavior.

Then I find out she can't work without her meds. She had to go home earlier this week because she forgot to take her meds. So knowing that probably not a good idea to get attracted to her.

Since my hiring, I've given her a much needed reality check.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 04:49:50 PM by Achronos » Logged

– St. Ambrose of Milan
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 04:51:48 PM »

Oh my gosh!  I thought it was only me.

Prayer Forum is important, but the rest is just a bunch of nonsense!!!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 05:00:57 PM »

So basically Orthodox content.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 06:16:53 PM »

LOL!

Gradually fading away on a strict punishment schedule.
TheTrisagion
Jack-of-all-Trades, Master of none
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 06:26:32 PM »

Grin

What did you say?
I might be exaggerating but I've been twisting the knife in my co-worker, sort of speak, for quite some time now.

I actually could see myself dating her but lately I can't get a good read on her. She'll be nice and sweet to me then instantly out of nowhere say something insulting towards me where I never even elicited it. I am not sure if this is her way to show she likes me but it is bizarre behavior.

Then I find out she can't work without her meds. She had to go home earlier this week because she forgot to take her meds. So knowing that probably not a good idea to get attracted to her.

Since my hiring, I've given her a much needed reality check.
lol, probably best not to mess with the mentally unstabled coworkers.  You might be twisting a metaphorical knife, but they might not return it in kind.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 06:28:01 PM »

lol, probably best not to mess with the mentally unstabled coworkers.  You might be twisting a metaphorical knife, but they might not return it in kind.
She gets defensive about everything. I called out this guy co-worker for wearing a ridiculous cardigan the other day, something my grandpa would wear and she snapped at me.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
TheTrisagion
Protokentarchos

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2013, 06:29:05 PM »

She gets defensive about everything. I called out this guy co-worker for wearing a ridiculous cardigan the other day, something my grandpa would wear and she snapped at me.
I now better understand the thread about no small talk in the workplace.  laugh

Shiny
Site Supporter
Banned
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 06:30:08 PM »

Thank you for your understanding

– St. Ambrose of Milan
TheTrisagion
Protokentarchos

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2013, 06:32:56 PM »

Thank you for your understanding
Wimmin be crazy! (Pretty sure I would get dotted for the normal phrase.  Tongue)

Alpo
Taxiarches

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 01:56:49 AM »

lol, probably best not to mess with the mentally unstabled coworkers.  You might be twisting a metaphorical knife, but they might not return it in kind.

That sounds like most of the cardigans I wear. Grin
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 01:57:09 AM by Alpo » Logged

Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

Fear the Tooth

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 02:29:43 PM »

This site doesn't go down. Sometimes it just transcends the lowliness of the internet and soars to the perfection of perfections. The only reason it returns is that it has pity on we who still struggle in this world.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Taxiarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 02:44:13 PM »

Culd huge threads be causing a problem? Look at the thread link posted below.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,7837.msg1007915/topicseen.html#msg1007915

On some boards, having such huge threads (over 1000 posts) can cause database errors, so mods either split threads into smaller ones or lock a thread when it nears 1000.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: