10. He compares Orthodox bishops’ support of Putin to those who were silent over the atrocities that Hitler is claimed to have committed against the Jews
11. He compares outlawing homosexual propaganda to the atrocities that many claim occurred in the concentrations camps under Hitler
I truly, sincerely, hope that this was some kind of a very sick joke. "Is claimed to have committed"? "That main claim occurred"?
No, of course this isn't a sick joke. When Hitler is referenced in such an article on the subject of the mistreatment of others, the author who makes the reference is typically comparing the mistreatment being discussed to the claim that 6 million Jews were gassed and otherwise intentionally murdered under Hitler. While this claim has been promoted by Hollywood and Jewish interest groups to the extent that asking questions about historical evidence behind such claims can result in prison sentences in many parts of the world, and while even in a supposedly free society there is a tremendous culture of fear around asking historical questions about this information, there are many (including Jews) who have studied the subject and have come to the conclusion that:
1. 6 million is a very exaggerated number
2. No person was ever killed in a gas chamber in a concentration camp under Hitler
3. Concentrations camps were not set up as death camps but rather those held there were fed, clothed, and permitted plenty of entertainment and recreation in the initial years
4. Many Jews did die in concentration camps, but the majority of deaths resulted not from intentional extermination but from disease and malnutrition
5. These deaths primarily occurred at the end of the War when the allied forces had destroyed much of the transportation and other infrastructure used to transport food and medicine to the camps
6. Much of the "evidence" used to support the claims of human gassing and other atrocities falls apart upon critical, scientific, and judicial examination
The data supporting the above assertions is quite extensive, but very few people conduct serious independent research on the both sides of the subject. Many people are afraid to ask historical questions about this because even asking about the historical evidence behind assertions made regarding the number of people who died and how they died is considered "anti-Semitic" or a hate crime. Most people never research the subject objectively and so they are quick to suggest that an alternative view is a "sick joke" or the ravings of an anti-Semite or neo-Nazi.
I have no interest in debating this subject in this forum, so if someone is interested in the subject they can do their own research. My only point in response to Frank's article was to say that Frank, in referencing Hitler, is comparing Putin's ban on homosexual propaganda to the conventional, and widely held, claim that Hitler's treatment of homosexuals and Jews consisted of intentional extermination through gassing and other horrendous mechanisms. Regardless of what someone thinks about Hitler and his treatment of homosexuals and Jews, there is no doubt that homosexuals and Jews were mistreated under Hitler, and any way you look at it the comparison between Hitler and Putin in this way is absurd. That was my point here and nothing else.
To compare anyone to Hitler is an almost foolproof way to discredit yourself.