OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 04:10:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On Francis.....  (Read 11351 times) Average Rating: 0
Charles Martel
Traditional Roman Catholic
Moderated
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: New york

« on: September 22, 2013, 10:06:52 AM »

This older article on the current pope and what he's said recently seems to be prophetic.

Pope Frank really is just another Jesuit closet-Marxist pushing their commie totalitarianism in religious drag, just another off shoot of the dreaded "Liberation Theology" while placating and possibly enabling sodomites in and out of the clergy.

Just when Benedict seemed to begin to steer the Church back into orthodoxy, along comes Mr.Humility and Social Justice bloviating about "tolerance" for just about everything except for Tradition, the TLM and core Church doctrines and values. Then he becomes Mr Ironfist with absolute authority. But for everyone else non-Catholic, he's simply reverts back to just the simple ol "Bishop of Rome". Roll Eyes

I do not trust this "ecu-maniac" in the least.

I long for the days of Benedict where there was at least the perception of trying to do a little housecleaning and recover from the days of the last big tenter and Koran-kisser, but alas, the clown show has returned. Angry

On Francis
Francis, like his homeland of Argentina, is a total disaster. He has overseen the near-total destruction of the Church in Argentina. He hates and despises the Tridentine Mass, which is to say that he hates the Mass - let's not mince words, and is a rabid persecutor of anyone in Argentina who shows ANY signs of tradition. A priest in Argentina literally risks the end of his career if he wears a cassock in public. He has forbidden the Tridentine Mass in Argentina, which is an act of direct disobedience, specifically against the papal decree Summorum Pontificum, but embraces horrific "charismatic" and "Superfun Rockband"-type liturgical sacrilege.

Which brings us to his regard for the papacy, and the Church itself. He said yesterday in his bizarre little speech, again and again, that he was the Bishop of Rome, which is true, but in being the Bishop of Rome the pope is the head of the Universal Church, not just the city of Rome. Francis does not believe this, and even made a reference to the idea that the pope is "first among equals". This means that he regards the Church as a mere loose confederacy, and also that he thinks the Church is, or should be, a democracy. The proof of this is, again, his blatant disobedience to Summorum Pontificum. He will never do anything to clean up the sodomite infiltrators in the Church outside of Rome because he doesn't feel that the pope has any authority outside of Rome. Bottom line here: many bishops and archbishops have been kept in line over the past eight years because Benedict was relatively aggressive in booting out extremely bad bishops. Benedict was feared in a healthy way. This guy is basically the big green light to every Marxist-homosexualist to just go ahead and do whatever, because they know Francis will never remove them or even chastise them, because Francis doesn't believe that the pope has any universal authority and is merely the bishop of the city of Rome proper - at least that is the excuse that will be given when nothing is done about abuses and heresies **that Francis is sympathetic towards.**

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2997344/posts
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:07:23 AM by Charles Martel » Logged

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Charles Martel
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 10:19:34 AM »

Indeed, Benedict's strategy of "Natural Solution" of removing the libs from the College of Cardinals proved to be a disaster.

There's only one way to deal with a cancer and that is to confront it right away, not ignore it and wait for it to die.

It doesn't die, it only spreads.

Barnhardt nails it;

"Benedict thought that between the "Natural Solution" (the passage of time yielding the death or retirement of the bad guys) and the appointments he was able to make over the last eight years that he had set up the College of Cardinals to elect a successor that was very much in the Ratzingerian camp. Benedict was wrong. Not only did they not elect a Ratzingerian, they elected the anti-Ratzinger. In the 2005 conclave Francis came in second to Ratzinger, which is to say that Francis was the "opposition". In what must have Benedict's mind reeling today, after eight years of purging and priming the College of Cardinals, the very men Ratzinger placed turned around and elected the anti-Ratzinger. This proves, as I have said all along, that playing prevent defense, namely the "natural solution" of waiting for the bad guys to die is UNSOUND. In war, you fix your bayonets, say your prayers, and you charge."

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2997344/posts

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 01:21:24 PM »

I'm not a Pope Francis fan either, but some of this is extremist nonsense.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 01:23:52 PM »

Which brings us to his regard for the papacy, and the Church itself. He said yesterday in his bizarre little speech, again and again, that he was the Bishop of Rome, which is true, but in being the Bishop of Rome the pope is the head of the Universal Church, not just the city of Rome. Francis does not believe this, and even made a reference to the idea that the pope is "first among equals". This means that he regards the Church as a mere loose confederacy, [...]

He will never do anything to clean up the sodomite infiltrators in the Church outside of Rome because he doesn't feel that the pope has any authority outside of Rome.

Is this the beginning of a possible return to healthy ecclesiology?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 01:25:45 PM by Cyrillic » Logged

"But slay her he did not, for between dream and deed laws and practicalities remain"
-Willem Elschot, 'The Marriage'.
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 01:25:46 PM »

That it is, indeed. But it makes me feel better to know that Orthodoxy isn't alone in having some proponents espouse extremist nonsense. It's actually kinda comforting in a weird way. Wink
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 01:25:59 PM by podkarpatska » Logged
Apotheoun
"Three realities pertain to God: essence, energy, and the triad of divine hypostaseis." St. Gregory Palamas
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Melkite Catholic

St. John Maximovitch

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 01:44:30 PM »

I am beginning to see Pope Francis as one of the fruits of the Second Vatican Council. Cheesy

"All that the Father has belongs likewise to the Son, except Causality."
St. Gregory Nazianzen

"We should believe that divine grace is present in the icon of Christ and that it communicates sanctification to those who draw near with faith."
St. Theodore Studite
Deep Roots
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Catholic

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 01:48:04 PM »

I am beginning to see Pope Francis as one of the fruits of the Second Vatican Council. Cheesy
and praise G-d for that.

Peace.
Apotheoun
"Three realities pertain to God: essence, energy, and the triad of divine hypostaseis." St. Gregory Palamas
OC.net guru

St. John Maximovitch

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 01:57:55 PM »

and praise G-d for that.
This from someone who describes his faith as, "Something unacceptable or heretical." Makes sense.

St. Gregory Nazianzen

"We should believe that divine grace is present in the icon of Christ and that it communicates sanctification to those who draw near with faith."
St. Theodore Studite
Deep Roots
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Catholic

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 02:06:34 PM »

and praise G-d for that.
This from someone who describes his faith as, "Something unacceptable or heretical." Makes sense.
haha  I suppose so.

Peace.
Apotheoun
OC.net guru

St. John Maximovitch

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 02:16:28 PM »

and praise G-d for that.
haha  I suppose so.
Cheesy

St. Gregory Nazianzen

St. Theodore Studite
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 03:15:07 PM »

Which brings us to his regard for the papacy, and the Church itself. He said yesterday in his bizarre little speech, again and again, that he was the Bishop of Rome, which is true, but in being the Bishop of Rome the pope is the head of the Universal Church, not just the city of Rome. Francis does not believe this, and even made a reference to the idea that the pope is "first among equals". This means that he regards the Church as a mere loose confederacy, [...]

He will never do anything to clean up the sodomite infiltrators in the Church outside of Rome because he doesn't feel that the pope has any authority outside of Rome.

This is my reaction to that portion, as well. Proof that nobody is 100% wrong all the time...no matter how heretical and ecu-maniacal they are. Cheesy

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 03:25:16 PM »

Pope Frank really is just another Jesuit closet-Marxist pushing their commie totalitarianism in religious drag, just another off shoot of the dreaded "Liberation Theology" while placating and possibly enabling sodomites in and out of the clergy.

Really?

I thought he was Argentinian, oh well  Tongue

In reality, I don't know what all the hype and fury over this guy is about. Sure, if you take everything he says out of context--like the media has been doing--you may find fault with him, but when you really listen to what he is saying, I don't think he is doing anything wrong. Everything he has said has been in line with the Roman Catholic Church's teachings. The only difference is that Pope Francis is more pastoral, compassionate, and better with people than his predecessors were. Whereas Pope Benedict would come off as a jerk to most people, Pope Francis comes off as a humble man who is genuinely sincere.

Partially veiled obscenity replaced with something more appropriate  -PtA

1. You have been warned many times that we do not permit the use of obscenities on this forum.
2. You have also been warned that partially veiled obscenities receive the same treatment as unveiled obscenities.
3. You know full well that we consider the obscenity you used here as an obscenity, since you took the extra step of masking some of it out.

Therefore, you are now on Post Moderation for the next 45 days. If you think this action unfair or too harsh, please appeal it to me via private message.

- PeterTheAleut
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:38:36 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Apotheoun
OC.net guru

St. John Maximovitch

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 03:58:36 PM »

This is my reaction to that portion, as well. Proof that nobody is 100% wrong all the time...no matter how heretical and ecu-maniacal they are. Cheesy
Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

St. Gregory Nazianzen

St. Theodore Studite
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 04:08:27 PM »

Whereas Pope Benedict would come off as a d-bag to most people...

If he is the standard for "d-bag", then from what murky crevice of hell did they dig you out? 

Really, don't make ignorant comments.   

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2013, 04:51:54 PM »

In reality, I don't know what all the hype and fury over this guy is about. Sure, if you take everything he says out of context--like the media has been doing--you may find fault with him

The trouble with this idea is that all people (both pro-Francis and not) who have been arguing about this man and what he really means for the past few days on this messageboard have been looking at the same interview(s), from the same media source(s). So it's not that one side is being duped by the media and the other not. Rather, you're looking at the same statements and coming to vastly different conclusions. So it's a bit silly to say that those who find fault with what he says are taking him "out of context" -- we all have the same context to work with, which has been shaped by the presentation of interview in the same media, no matter what conclusions we draw from it.

but when you really listen to what he is saying, I don't think he is doing anything wrong. Everything he has said has been in line with the Roman Catholic Church's teachings. The only difference is that Pope Francis is more pastoral, compassionate, and better with people than his predecessors were. Whereas Pope Benedict would come off as a d-bag to most people, Pope Francis comes off as a humble man who is genuinely sincere.

Would you rather a Christian leader (pope, bishop, priest, whatever) who teaches correct doctrine and does not apologize for it or bend it to his personal whims and politics, or a Pope you think is a nice guy? Maybe I'm an extremist, but I've seen what kind of a mess we get into in the USA when we elect a president who we'd like to have a beer with rather than one who knows what he's doing (to the extent that those are two separate skills, and you can have one without the other). I don't think Popes are any different, really. Pope Francis has a job to do, and whether you think he's doing it well or you think he's terrible, "he comes off as humble and sincere" is not a proper criterion by which to judge his suitability for the office. Yes, yes, he's a statesman as well, but if your primary concern as a worshiper who is in union with him is his doctrinal orthodoxy...? I can think of at least a few others who fit that bill (who may or may not be described as "humble and sincere", depending on how warm 'n' fuzzy we want to get in this discussion; me, I'll pass), and I'm not even Catholic.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 04:53:58 PM »

Really?

I thought he was Argentinian, oh well  Tongue

In reality, I don't know what all the hype and fury over this guy is about. Sure, if you take everything he says out of context--like the media has been doing--you may find fault with him, but when you really listen to what he is saying, I don't think he is doing anything wrong. Everything he has said has been in line with the Roman Catholic Church's teachings. The only difference is that Pope Francis is more pastoral, compassionate, and better with people than his predecessors were. Whereas Pope Benedict would come off as a d-bag to most people, Pope Francis comes off as a humble man who is genuinely sincere.

I would have never thought Pope Benedict as a d-bag.  Do you think he was any less sincere?

Charles Martel
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 05:27:16 PM »

Which parts might that be my brother Papist?

The traditionalists are not the extremists, the extremists are the ones like the friends of Frank out there and their attempt to turn the Church into another form of the Democratic party. The extremists want to erase all vestiage of the Mass of all time, the beautiful and Holy TLM. The extremists don't want to mention anything about the Church being the True Faith or tell anyone that Homosexuality is sin or that the slaughter of unborn children is unacceptable or that any faith oustide of the Church is in danger of losing their eternal salvation. The extermists don't feel the need for nonCatholics to convert to the True Church or that atheists seek divine knowledge for the existence of God and a grand design for the universe. The extremists want the Church to become more like the world, not vise-versa.

Yes, now that you mention it, I see a lot of extremist nonsense coming out of the Vatican these days.

Charles Martel
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2013, 05:33:28 PM »

If he is the standard for "d-bag", then from what murky crevice of hell did they dig you out? 

Yea, talk about "extremists", regardless of my opinion of Bergo, I won't stoop to such name calling.

There's no reason for that.

Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 05:38:08 PM »

The extremists want to erase all vestiage of the Mass of all time, the beautiful and Holy TLM.

Since when is 1570 "all time"?  Wink

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Charles Martel
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 05:43:25 PM »

The extremists want to erase all vestiage of the Mass of all time, the beautiful and Holy TLM.

Since when is 1570 "all time"?  Wink
Well it's certainly before the hippie-dippie 60's and V-II. Grin

Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2013, 05:48:45 PM »

True enough...the TLM is the only RC service I'll voluntarily attend.  For everything else, there's DVR. 

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2013, 05:53:40 PM »

Couldn't we at least use the correct english variation of his name?

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2013, 06:01:51 PM »

I'm not the one who shuffled molester Priests around to avoid them being prosecuted.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2013, 06:05:10 PM »

Really?

I thought he was Argentinian, oh well  Tongue

In reality, I don't know what all the hype and fury over this guy is about. Sure, if you take everything he says out of context--like the media has been doing--you may find fault with him, but when you really listen to what he is saying, I don't think he is doing anything wrong. Everything he has said has been in line with the Roman Catholic Church's teachings. The only difference is that Pope Francis is more pastoral, compassionate, and better with people than his predecessors were. Whereas Pope Benedict would come off as a d-bag to most people, Pope Francis comes off as a humble man who is genuinely sincere.

I would have never thought Pope Benedict as a d-bag.  Do you think he was any less sincere?

Other than shuffling Priests around, I don't know if he was any less sincere or not, but I'm talking about the appearance and what people perceive him as. I don't know if Pope Benedict was any less sincere or not, but he certainly did not demonstrate it in his personality. He came off as sterner, whereas Pope Francis seems much more pastoral and gives the appearance of sincerity and meekness.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2013, 06:14:47 PM »

I'm not the one who shuffled molester Priests around to avoid them being prosecuted.

What do you mean by this? Did the police say: "Well darn, we were going to arrest Fr. Sam for child molestation, but now they moved him to Omaha, so we're out of luck"??

Problem: John finds a spider under his bed. John eats the spider. John gets sick to his stomach.

Question: Why did John get sick?
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2013, 06:16:45 PM »

What do you mean by this? Did the police say: "Well darn, we were going to arrest Fr. Sam for child molestation, but now they moved him to Omaha, so we're out of luck"??

That happened in an episode of Law & Order: SVU, the basis of all law.

Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2013, 08:00:55 PM »

If your contention is that Benedict XVI is solely responsible for this, then I stand by my recommendation that you not make ignorant comments.  I don't recommend that you read more about it, because you likely do not have the attention span or critical thinking skills required to make sense of what you'd be reading, so I will simply recommend silence.   

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2013, 08:12:17 PM »

Since when is 1570 "all time"?  Wink

With apologies to Old Blue Eyes....( another famous Francis)

"1570, it was a very good year,
   Not to be in Novgorod or a Stewart in Scotland.
  It was a very good year, not to be
   Orthodox in Cyprus,
  Or a Hugenot in France."

Ah, the good old days. Plague, dysentery and religious strife.   Sounds a lot like today in much of the world.....

« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 08:14:15 PM by podkarpatska » Logged
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2013, 08:19:22 PM »

The traditionalists are not the extremists, the extremists are the ones like the friends of Frank out there and their attempt to turn the Church into another form of the Democratic party. The extremists want to erase all vestiage of the Mass of all time, the beautiful and Holy TLM. The extremists don't want to mention anything about the Church being the True Faith or tell anyone that Homosexuality is sin or that the slaughter of unborn children is unacceptable or that any faith oustide of the Church is in danger of losing their eternal salvation. The extermists don't feel the need for nonCatholics to convert to the True Church or that atheists seek divine knowledge for the existence of God and a grand design for the universe. The extremists want the Church to become more like the world, not vise-versa.

Yes, now that you mention it, I see a lot of extremist nonsense coming out of the Vatican these days.
Well, for one thing, it is extremist and definitively un-Catholic, and not traditionalist to refer to the Holy Father as "Frank" or "Bergo" or whatever other name you seem to want to come up with. You and I are both traditionalist Catholics, and as such, we refer to the Pope as the Holy Father.

dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2013, 08:33:57 PM »

It's not really difficult to type "Francis" instead of "Frank". It's only two extra letters, and going out of your way to put down other things just makes you seem kind of petty. We get it, you don't like him. Neither do many people here, but he's still Francis, not "Frank" or "Bergo" or whatever. I mean, if I started calling you 'Chip' instead of Charles because you post things that some people disagree with here, wouldn't that seem just a bit disrespectful? I imagine it would, and you're not even Pope of anything.

Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2013, 09:15:40 PM »

Well, for one thing, it is extremist and definitively un-Catholic, and not traditionalist to refer to the Holy Father as "Frank" or "Bergo" or whatever other name you seem to want to come up with. You and I are both traditionalist Catholics, and as such, we refer to the Pope as the Holy Father.
Papist, you fall into the rare category of self-described "traditionalist" who is not easily identifiable because of an unnecessary, larger-than-life martyr complex on the Internet. I salute you.

(FTR, you've never come off as anything other than a faithful Catholic.)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 09:16:44 PM by Agabus » Logged

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2013, 09:27:40 PM »

True enough...the TLM is the only RC service I'll voluntarily attend.  For everything else, there's DVR. 

And for all forms of liturgical dance, there's You Tube.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2013, 09:28:57 PM »

That happened in an episode of Law & Order: SVU, the basis of all law.

It should be!  police

If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2013, 09:32:05 PM »

It's not really difficult to type "Francis" instead of "Frank". It's only two extra letters, and going out of your way to put down other things just makes you seem kind of petty. We get it, you don't like him. Neither do many people here, but he's still Francis, not "Frank" or "Bergo" or whatever. I mean, if I started calling you 'Chip' instead of Charles because you post things that some people disagree with here, wouldn't that seem just a bit disrespectful? I imagine it would, and you're not even Pope of anything.

Plus there's that whole rule about titles...

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2013, 09:38:53 PM »

If your contention is that Benedict XVI is solely responsible for this, then I stand by my recommendation that you not make ignorant comments.  I don't recommend that you read more about it, because you likely do not have the attention span or critical thinking skills required to make sense of what you'd be reading, so I will simply recommend silence.  

"Solely"? What does it matter? The fact of the matter is that he is responsible for it, regardless of how many others are involved. In fact, we are all responsible for this because inaction to do anything is support for the evil. But most of us aren't the alleged Vicar's of Christ on Earth with the power to actually do something big about it, and certainly not all of us have shuffled Priests around to try to cover-up their crimes. Say what you want about Pope Francis on his theology (which is odd coming from a non-Chalcedonian btw), but at least his personality is better and he seems to be actually doing something about this matter. In my book, Pope Francis automatically qualifies as a decent average human being; that's much more than I can say about his predecessor.

Forbidden epithet replaced with something more acceptable for the Public Forum  -PtA
 You are being warned for 20 days for using the forbidden epither against the Oriental Orthodox - MK.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 11:04:05 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged

lovesupreme
High Elder

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2013, 09:46:14 PM »

I think we can all take solace in the indisputable fact that we are better, much more righteous people than His Holiness Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 09:46:28 PM by lovesupreme » Logged
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2013, 09:59:31 PM »

Say what you want about Pope Francis on his theology (which is odd coming from a monophysite btw)

Odd coming from a what on the public forum?  Angry

I don't know why you'd throw this out there anyway, JamesR...you're the one who shares a common Christology with Popes Benedict and Francis, not us...and Christology has nothing to do with Pope Francis' much-vaunted better personality...as though that itself has anything to do with his doctrinal integrity... Roll Eyes

But, hey...go ahead and throw as much mud at the wall as you can. Maybe some will even stick.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:01:14 PM by dzheremi » Logged

Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2013, 10:06:48 PM »

If your contention is that Benedict XVI is solely responsible for this, then I stand by my recommendation that you not make ignorant comments.  I don't recommend that you read more about it, because you likely do not have the attention span or critical thinking skills required to make sense of what you'd be reading, so I will simply recommend silence.   

"Solely"? What does it matter? The fact of the matter is that he is responsible for it, regardless of how many others are involved. In fact, we are all responsible for this because inaction to do anything is support for the evil. But most of us aren't the alleged Vicar's of Christ on Earth with the power to actually do something big about it, and certainly not all of us have shuffled Priests around to try to cover-up their crimes. Say what you want about Pope Francis on his theology (which is odd coming from a monophysite btw), but at least his personality is better and he seems to be actually doing something about this matter. In my book, Pope Francis automatically qualifies as a decent average human being; that's much more than I can say about his predecessor.

Until it's revealed that he did exactly the same thing.

Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2013, 12:39:18 AM »

"Solely"? What does it matter? The fact of the matter is that he is responsible for it, regardless of how many others are involved. In fact, we are all responsible for this because inaction to do anything is support for the evil.

This was the point at which you should've stopped typing, hit "Post", and enjoyed the feeling of satisfaction that comes with appearing to be an adult with something halfway decent to contribute.  But you can't help yourself.   

But most of us aren't the alleged Vicar's of Christ on Earth with the power to actually do something big about it, and certainly not all of us have shuffled Priests around to try to cover-up their crimes.

"Vicars", not "Vicar's". 

Which priests did Pope Benedict shuffle around in order to cover up their crimes?   

Say what you want about Pope Francis on his theology (which is odd coming from a non-Chalcedonian btw), but at least his personality is better and he seems to be actually doing something about this matter.

Unless you and he are BFFs or something, how would you know anything about his personality versus Benedict's (or any other Pope's) apart from what you hear in the clearly opinionated media?     

In my book, Pope Francis automatically qualifies as a decent average human being; that's much more than I can say about his predecessor.

LOL.  In your book...

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
lovesupreme
High Elder

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2013, 12:45:11 AM »

"Vicars", not "Vicar's". 

Odd, coming from an Afro-Caribbean Spiritualist. Let's try replacing "nature's" with "natures" and see how you react! Wink
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2013, 12:51:04 AM »

Sigh...I was hoping to find some good stuff on Google, but apparently there's only one RASTA in Kerala, and it's not at all what JamesR would have you think it is...

Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2013, 12:54:39 AM »

"Vicars", not "Vicar's". 

Odd, coming from an Afro-Caribbean Spiritualist. Let's try replacing "nature's" with "natures" and see how you react! Wink

You forgot "Rasta".  That makes all the difference. 

BTW, you may enjoy this.  One day only! 

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
lovesupreme
High Elder

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2013, 12:57:38 AM »

"Vicars", not "Vicar's". 

You forgot "Rasta".  That makes all the difference. 

BTW, you may enjoy this.  One day only! 

Sweet. Thanks for those righteous riddims, bredren.
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2013, 08:35:58 AM »

So let me get this straight.  In order for the Church to be valid, you need a head honcho that you call the Pope because everyone knows that you need to have a final authority to answer to.  However, the Pope that is the final authority and the Vicar of Christ is hellbent on destroying the Church and ruining it, so you feel it is acceptable to insult him personally because he doesn't govern in the way you feel is acceptable.

And you call us Orthodox confused.  Roll Eyes

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2013, 09:19:25 AM »

So let me get this straight.  In order for the Church to be valid, you need a head honcho that you call the Pope because everyone knows that you need to have a final authority to answer to.  However, the Pope that is the final authority and the Vicar of Christ is hellbent on destroying the Church and ruining it, so you feel it is acceptable to insult him personally because he doesn't govern in the way you feel is acceptable.

And you call us Orthodox confused.  Roll Eyes
Cheesy

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: