Author Topic: "Heal Me with Your Mouth: The Art of Kissing"  (Read 539 times)

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
"Heal Me with Your Mouth: The Art of Kissing"
« on: September 05, 2017, 11:12:58 PM »
Archbishop Víctor Manuel “Tucho” Fernández, rector of the the Pontifical Catholic University of Argentina in Buenos Aires and ghostwriter for Pope Francis, has a long track record of modernist theological writings that stretch long before he penned Amoris Laetitia, Evangelii Gaudium, or Laudato Sii for the Argentine pontiff. We recently published a translation of Tucho's latest defense of the most heterodox assertions that can be derived from Amoris Laetitia. Besides his articles in the 1990s criticizing John Paul II's teachings about intrinsic evils, which it appears he sloppily copy-pasted into Amoris Laetitia, Tucho's perhaps most revealing writing is his infamous 1995 book, whose contents are as sleazy, inappropriate, and absurd as its title: Heal Me with your Mouth: The Art of Kissing.

A friend of Rorate has translated into English the full text of Archbishop "Tucho" Fernandez' Heal Me with Your Mouth: The Art of Kissing, and we now publish this full translation below, with a disclaimer for some disturbing images and content, especially considering that the author is an ordained minister of the Church bound by a vow of celibacy.

https://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2017/09/full-text-of-archbishop-tucho.html

If anyone's interested, I'll be leading a study group based on this book, including an extensive practicum.  Men need not apply.
The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Offline Deacon Lance

• Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Byzantine Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh
Re: "Heal Me with Your Mouth: The Art of Kissing"
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 11:32:41 PM »
I wonder if Rorate even bothered to read it. 
My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 11:38:55 PM »
There's basic Patristics lacking in the language of thousands of millions Roman Catholics and some English/Spanish bilingual translated a 10-thousand word book just to show how angry he is at it?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 11:39:18 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
  • the irregardless one
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 11:56:24 PM »
If anyone's interested, I'll be leading a study group based on this book, including an extensive practicum.  Men need not apply.

I've had my eye on you ever since you started the sexting thread...  :o
"The bed is too short to stretch out on, the blanket too narrow to wrap around you." (Isa. 28:20)

"For because they wronged the simple, they shall be slain; and an inquisition shall ruin the ungodly." (Prov. 1:32 LXX)

Offline Ainnir

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 10:40:42 AM »

But it got your attention.  ;)
Did you read the linked material?
"Is any of the above Orthodox?  I have no clue, so there's that."  ~me

Taking a hiatus.  Pray for me, a sinner.

Offline Samn!

• High Elder
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 11:25:44 AM »
Lest we Orthodox throw stones, Archimandrite Panteleimon Manoussakis, a professor at Holy Cross, has written some rather surprising things about kissing as well, though more thoroughly suffused in academic jargon, in his book God after Metaphysics: A Theological Aesthetic.

https://books.google.be/books?id=4CqbCMiigxMC&pg=PA137&lpg=PA137&dq=panteleimon+manoussakis+kissing&source=bl&ots=Wty6r2RVVj&sig=O0h1mCb1pmnLD5EkJHEyANMVk7c&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKmMO37pDWAhVJalAKHYItD20Q6AEITzAK#v=onepage&q=kissing&f=false

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 12:13:10 PM »
Did you know the kiss of peace we do during the liturgy may have been from mouth to mouth?

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Sharbel

• Elder
  • Faith: Maronite Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 12:45:24 AM »
Why you do this to me?  :o   I came here thinking that it was about the devotional kissing of icons!  :'(
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 12:45:47 AM by Sharbel »
ܩܕܝܫܐ ܐܢ̱ܬ ܠܐ ܡܝܘܬܐ!

Offline Ainnir

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 02:47:40 AM »
Is it not?
"Is any of the above Orthodox?  I have no clue, so there's that."  ~me

Taking a hiatus.  Pray for me, a sinner.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
  • the irregardless one
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 03:21:04 AM »

Not yet, and tbh I haven't even glanced over it at this point. However, I did order a book from Amazon by the author mentioned by Samn! (Fr. John Panteleimon Manoussakis): After God: Richard Kearney and the Religious Turn in Continental Philosophy. Sounds like a real barn burner!
"The bed is too short to stretch out on, the blanket too narrow to wrap around you." (Isa. 28:20)

"For because they wronged the simple, they shall be slain; and an inquisition shall ruin the ungodly." (Prov. 1:32 LXX)

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 12:56:30 PM »
Why you do this to me?  :o   I came here thinking that it was about the devotional kissing of icons!  :'(

Are we not "icons" of God?  ;)  :-*
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline scamandrius

• A man of many, many turns
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 05:21:13 PM »
Da quod iubes et iube quod vis.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
  • the irregardless one
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 11:20:28 PM »

Have you read it? Or at least looked over it? Thoughts?

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 11:39:06 PM »
Did you know the kiss of peace we do during the liturgy may have been from mouth to mouth?

Not like this I hope: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/al-gore-and-tipper-gore-kiss-at-the-dnc-10797435

If this is the Kiss of Death

One wonders what the Kiss of Peace looks like

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2017, 10:43:59 AM »

Therefore when we kiss each other's mouth, we are kissing the entrance of the temple

I'm so going to use this next time I go to a bar.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 10:45:55 AM by Alpo »
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
  • Faith: Christian
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 03:52:38 AM »

:-*
"Now, don't allow yourself to be fatigued beyond your powers; there's a amiable bein'.
Consider what you owe to society, and don't let yourself be injured by too much work.
For the sake o' your feller-creeturs, keep yourself as quiet as you can; only think what a loss you would be!"
- The very memorable words of Samuel Veller

"Mouth make trouble, mouth make no trouble." - Sun Tzu

"Physician, heal thyself." - Ancient proverb