Author Topic: Apologetics  (Read 430 times)

Offline orthodox4life

• Ancient Orthodox Faith
Apologetics
« on: September 20, 2013, 11:28:00 AM »
Can someone recommend a good book that focuses on protestant apologetics? I've read Becoming Orthodox but I was looking for something that's more topic focused.
The true Orthodox way of thought has always been historical, has always included the past, but has never been enslaved by it. . . for the strength of the Church is not in the past, present, or future, but in Christ.

-Fr. Alexander Schmemann

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
  • Pray for me, a sinner.
    • Blog
  • Faith: Confederate Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Puerto Rican Orthodox Sobor
Re: Apologetics
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 12:19:37 PM »
Apologetics for Protestantism or for Orthodoxy?
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Another blog - http://literarydiktator.blogspot.com/

Offline orthodox4life

• Ancient Orthodox Faith
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 08:58:48 AM »
I guess I did word that wrong   ;D. For Orthodoxy
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 08:59:38 AM by orthodox4life »
The true Orthodox way of thought has always been historical, has always included the past, but has never been enslaved by it. . . for the strength of the Church is not in the past, present, or future, but in Christ.

-Fr. Alexander Schmemann

Offline mabsoota

• Archon
  • Kyrie eleison
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox (Coptic)
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 04:59:34 PM »
if you would like to read 176 pages on line (look away every 15 mins to avoid eye strain)...
then try this:
http://copticorthodoxy.com/BookByPope/Comparative%20Theology.pdf

from the parts of it i have read before and from my skim reading today, there is nothing that would be different to the eastern orthodox interpretation, so i hope it will be very useful to you.
it is written at a fairly easy to understand level (theology graduates may be bored) and nearly half the book is quotes from the Bible explaining the differences between protestant and orthodox Christian belief.

Offline orthodox4life

• Ancient Orthodox Faith
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 05:29:48 PM »
if you would like to read 176 pages on line (look away every 15 mins to avoid eye strain)...
then try this:
http://copticorthodoxy.com/BookByPope/Comparative%20Theology.pdf

from the parts of it i have read before and from my skim reading today, there is nothing that would be different to the eastern orthodox interpretation, so i hope it will be very useful to you.
it is written at a fairly easy to understand level (theology graduates may be bored) and nearly half the book is quotes from the Bible explaining the differences between protestant and orthodox Christian belief.

Thanks Mabsoota

-Fr. Alexander Schmemann