OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 04:27:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apologetics  (Read 327 times) Average Rating: 0
orthodox4life

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

« on: September 20, 2013, 11:28:00 AM »

Can someone recommend a good book that focuses on protestant apologetics? I've read Becoming Orthodox but I was looking for something that's more topic focused.

The true Orthodox way of thought has always been historical, has always included the past, but has never been enslaved by it. . . for the strength of the Church is not in the past, present, or future, but in Christ.

-Fr. Alexander Schmemann
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 12:19:37 PM »

Apologetics for Protestantism or for Orthodoxy?

orthodox4life

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 08:58:48 AM »

I guess I did word that wrong   Grin. For Orthodoxy
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 08:59:38 AM by orthodox4life » Logged

The true Orthodox way of thought has always been historical, has always included the past, but has never been enslaved by it. . . for the strength of the Church is not in the past, present, or future, but in Christ.

-Fr. Alexander Schmemann
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 04:59:34 PM »

if you would like to read 176 pages on line (look away every 15 mins to avoid eye strain)...
then try this:
http://copticorthodoxy.com/BookByPope/Comparative%20Theology.pdf

from the parts of it i have read before and from my skim reading today, there is nothing that would be different to the eastern orthodox interpretation, so i hope it will be very useful to you.
it is written at a fairly easy to understand level (theology graduates may be bored) and nearly half the book is quotes from the Bible explaining the differences between protestant and orthodox Christian belief.
orthodox4life

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 05:29:48 PM »

if you would like to read 176 pages on line (look away every 15 mins to avoid eye strain)...
then try this:
http://copticorthodoxy.com/BookByPope/Comparative%20Theology.pdf

from the parts of it i have read before and from my skim reading today, there is nothing that would be different to the eastern orthodox interpretation, so i hope it will be very useful to you.
it is written at a fairly easy to understand level (theology graduates may be bored) and nearly half the book is quotes from the Bible explaining the differences between protestant and orthodox Christian belief.

Thanks Mabsoota

-Fr. Alexander Schmemann
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: