OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 05:46:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "We are very uncomfortable with Fruity Pebbles"  (Read 2520 times) Average Rating: 0
TonyS
High Elder

« on: February 10, 2005, 09:37:06 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6934878/site/newsweek/

:violent:

Tómame como al tequila, de un golpe y sin pensarlo. - Ricardo Arjona

I'd be a fool to surrender when I know I can be a contender
and if everbody's a sinner then everybody can be a winner
I'll see you when yo
MsGuided
Pharmakolytria
Elder

St. Anastasia

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 09:48:26 PM »

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Wow.

"Forgive me that great love leads me to talking nonsense." Barsanuphius
Tallitot
Warned
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 10:07:57 PM »

no the "sponge bob square pants" is gay is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. this is the stupidist.

Proverbs 22:7
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 10:28:50 PM »

Well, it *does* say "Satire" on the column header, but it is very broadly done.  Heavy-handed even.

subtle humour, it isn't.

Wink

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Jennifer
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 10:30:18 PM »

Guys it's a joke.   Didn't you see the thing at the end about the inauguration? 

Tallitot
Warned
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 10:35:59 PM »

Guys it's a joke. Didn't you see the thing at the end about the inauguration?

Yes, that's what made think it was real.

Proverbs 22:7
Jennifer
OC.net guru

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 10:40:49 PM »

Yes, that's what made think it was real.

LOL!
MsGuided
Pharmakolytria
Elder

St. Anastasia

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 11:08:14 PM »

i guess i missed all that, stupid as it was, i totally believed it could happen.......

"Forgive me that great love leads me to talking nonsense." Barsanuphius
Jennifer
OC.net guru

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 11:32:53 PM »

i guess i missed all that, stupid as it was, i totally believed it could happen.......

Well actually it probably could have happened knowing some people. 
katherine 2001
High Elder

Eastern Orthodox Church--Established in 33 A.D.

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 11:51:41 PM »

Considering what James Dobson said about Sponge Bob, it certainly is possible.  Unfortunately he and some of the others who speak aren't joking.
TonyS
High Elder

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2005, 11:11:28 AM »

Come on guys! Look at the evidence, no pants, construction workers, I mean really the theme song might as well have been "YMCA!"

Someone should investigate the Flintstone vitamins...they might have something in them...

We should start a petition to get this insidious filth off TV.

:bomb:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 11:12:33 AM by TonyS » Logged

I'll see you when yo
aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005, 11:51:32 AM »

Do they hang out with Tinkie Winky and Dipsy too?
puhleese! rofl
TonyS
High Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 11:52:49 AM »

Do they hang out with Tinkie Winky and Dipsy too?
puhleese! rofl

Are they the filthy Tele-Tubbies? Get them too!

Kill the cartoons!  :tongue2:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 11:53:30 AM by TonyS » Logged

I'll see you when yo
Ian Lazarus
The Main Man!
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: AOA

yIjah, Qey' 'oH!

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 10:33:10 PM »

Oy vey!  AND gefletefish! Tongue

Actualkly, along those lines, GWBN Boston had to cut form its roster recently a show that was starring a pink female  rabbit who had a female "partner" and a small child being raised by them in the mix. The gay community in Mass was outraged at the prejudice it showed toward their "lifestyle".  I heard this on the radio and had to roll my eyes.  Anyone else hear about this?  I belive it ws in the San Fransisco paper on Tuesday. 

Ian Lazarus :grommit:   

"For I am With thee, withersoever thou goest"

Joshua 1:9
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2005, 11:53:19 PM »

This article is a good example to show to your kids what drastic drug use can do to your mind lol Afro

Well, I'm not gay or a pedophile and I walk around without my pants on sometimes haha Cheesy
How come Donald Duck doesn't wear pants, but he puts a towel around his waist when he gets out of the shower?He also doesn't wear pants around Huey, Dewy,and Louey! Just what is that perv thinking?  Now that's something to worry about lol.

Also, what about Woody Wood Pecker? Just the name makes me feel weird....

Definitely something wrong with the Smurfs also  Cheesy. They hold all their property in common, sing while marching in lockstep, and are regularly compelled to do hard labor on public works projects. They subsidize Brainy, a worthless, pompous intellectual. Also, their leader wears red and looks like Karl Marx's tiny, blue brother. They are also a bunch of guys, living together with some old guy and only one girl who isn't interested in them...hmmmmmm?

Has anyone noticed that in every other Bugs Bunny Cartoon he would dress as a women while being chased around by Elmer with a Shot Gun? That's definitely not gay Tongue

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Irish Melkite
Information Mongeror
High Elder

Faith: Melkite Greek-Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Newton

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2005, 12:57:10 PM »

Definitely something wrong with the Smurfs also Cheesy. They hold all their property in common, sing while marching in lockstep, and are regularly compelled to do hard labor on public works projects. They subsidize Brainy, a worthless, pompous intellectual. Also, their leader wears red and looks like Karl Marx's tiny, blue brother. They are also a bunch of guys, living together with some old guy and only one girl who isn't interested in them...hmmmmmm?

And what about Big Bird and Mr. Snuffleopagus?

And the odd couple there - Bert & Ernie? Do you really believe that they have twin beds?
Sure, they do - that's what we were supposed to believe about the Cleavers, the Wards, the Arnez' and all those couples in the early days of TV too - but somehow, they all ended up having kids, didn't they?

To say nothing of Pooh, Piglet, and that whole community out in the Hundred Acre Wood now that I think about it. Who is Roo's Daddy anyway?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2005, 12:57:39 PM by Irish Melkite » Logged

"Not only is it unnecessary to adopt the customs of the Latin Rite to manifest one's Catholicism, it is an offense against the unity of the Church."

- Melkite Archbishop Joseph (Tawil), of blessed memory
SetFree
King of Kings

Faith: Oriental Orthodox (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

Christ, Our God, To Earth Descendeth...

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 10:39:45 AM »

This whole thing has to do with the fact that James Dobson and his organization, Focus On the Family, disapprove of Disney, Nickelodeon, and PBS lending their cartoon characters to the We Are Family Foundation.  This Foundation has made a music video and supplementary educational material to teach elementary school children tolerance for multiculturalism.  Dobson thinks that they are also teaching kids acceptance of homosexuality.  So he is calling for Protestant Families to boycott these companies cartoons and products. 

It is similar to the campaign, years earlier, in my Southern Baptist church.  Jerry Falwell called for a ban on Disney, because they had "Gay" days or something...Well, the Convention adopted the boycott and DIsney was banned from all Southern Baptist Churches.  I think that the ban is still in place.

All it is, is a situation of people not having anything better to do with their time than go on witch hunts to weed out the evils of the secret "Gay Agenda" that is going to kill us all.  I think it is the most rediculous thing in the world.

IN CHRIST,
Adrian Davila

At His Feet The Six-Winged Seraph, Cherubim, With Sleepless Eye, Veil Their Faces To His Presence As With Ceasless Voice They Cry:ÂÂ  Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!ÂÂ  Lord Most High! --From the Liturgy of St. James (Translated by Gerard Moultrie)
MBZ

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 11:42:31 AM »

Hi all!

Actually, I heard that way back when Chuck Jones, et. al. at Warner Bros. were dreaming up Bugs, Daffy & the gang, that Tweety Bird was originally supposed to be pink but that somebody pointed out if Tweety was pink, he would look naked. So, yellow it was.

Be well!

MBZ :brew:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 11:43:05 AM by MBZ » Logged

"Peace, peace to him that is far off and to him that is near." [Isaiah 57:19]

"Gather your wits and hold on fast..." [The Who]

"Lose your dreams and you could lose your mind." [The Rolling Stones]

http://tinyurl.com/bvskq

[url=htt
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 11:59:27 AM »

This whole thing has to do with the fact that James Dobson and his organization, Focus On the Family, disapprove of Disney, Nickelodeon, and PBS lending their cartoon characters to the We Are Family Foundation. This Foundation has made a music video and supplementary educational material to teach elementary school children tolerance for multiculturalism. Dobson thinks that they are also teaching kids acceptance of homosexuality. So he is calling for Protestant Families to boycott these companies cartoons and products.

The videos you mentioned do indeed talk--among other, more innocuous things--about these families as acceptable "alternatives" to traditional Christian families.  I think it's horrible that the companies that put out these cartoon characterswould allow them to be used for a purpose like this.

All it is, is a situation of people not having anything better to do with their time than go on witch hunts to weed out the evils of the secret "Gay Agenda" that is going to kill us all. I think it is the most rediculous thing in the world.

Look, they may not be trying to "kill us all," as you're saying--we've thankfully moved on past the ignorance of the 80s whose thought was that there was a gay agenda to infect all heterosexuals with HIV/AIDS--but where do you start in order to change what a society believes?  You start with the kids.  If they grow up not knowing anything different, and especially if they hear the message from loved, fun characters, they'll accept it sight unseen.  And while good parenting may offset the effects of this s***, it may not be enough; for such a controversial--not to mention sinful--topic to be "snuck in under kids' radars like this is a new low.

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
Warned
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 12:00:28 PM »

Nacho is right! And what about Snagglepuss mincing around all the time like that? He's pink for crying out loud! Magenta, even!

P.S. - I can't believe so many on here have never heard of Andy Borowitz before! He is funnier than the Onion Dome!

http://www.borowitzreport.com/

NORTH KOREA CLAIMS IT POSSESSES BEN AFFLECK FILM Demands Bilateral Talks With U.S. North Korea sent shockwaves through the international community today by announcing that it possesses an unreleased Ben Affleck film which it will open wide if the United States does not agree to bilateral talks.

Moments after North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Il used his weekly radio address to drop the Affleck bombshell, intelligence experts acknowledged that the calculus in the Korean peninsula had irrevocably changed.

“If Kim is telling the truth about possessing an Affleck film, and we have reason to believe he is, it is time to upgrade the North Korean situation to a crisis,” one CIA source said.

In Washington, intelligence professionals have long suspected that the North Korean madman was attempting to buy Affleck outtakes on the black market in the hopes of assembling a full-length feature film.

Over the past five years, unused footage from such Affleck stinkers as “Daredevil,” “Jersey Girl” and “Paycheck” have made their way from the cutting room floor to such nations as Iran and Libya, both of whom are rumored to have funneled the deadly outtakes to North Korea.

“We now believe that North Korea’s entire nuclear program may have merely been a decoy to distract us from their true goal: assembling a full-length Ben Affleck film,” the CIA source said.

But as grave as the North Korean scenario may be, the source said, an even worse-case scenario may be on the horizon: “Several unreleased recordings by Clay Aiken have recently gone missing.”

Elsewhere, the judge in the Michael Jackson case whittled down the jury pool to 242 potential book deals.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 12:02:22 PM by Antonious Nikolas » Logged

My sins run out behind me and I do not see them, but today I am coming to judge the errors of another.
SetFree
King of Kings

Faith: Oriental Orthodox (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

Christ, Our God, To Earth Descendeth...

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 10:49:03 PM »

Pedro,
   Es verdad lo que me dijo??? (Lo siento por no usar los acentos en mis palabras.)  La video les ensena a los estudiantes acceptar la homosexualidad???  Ay, Que mala!  En serio!

For those who don't speak Spanish:
Is that true??? (sorry for not using accent marks on my words.) The video does teach students to accept homosexuaity???  Oh, that's terrible! Seriously!

Si no sabe, soy hispano tambien.  Soy puertorriqueno.  Vivo en San Antonio, tejas.

Again:
If you don't know, I am also hispanic.  I am Puerto Rican.  I live in San Antonio, TX.

Adios,
Adrian

At His Feet The Six-Winged Seraph, Cherubim, With Sleepless Eye, Veil Their Faces To His Presence As With Ceasless Voice They Cry:ÂÂ  Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!ÂÂ  Lord Most High! --From the Liturgy of St. James (Translated by Gerard Moultrie)
Ibrahim

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2005, 11:03:36 PM »

I had Fruity Pebbles for breakfst  Afro Afro

At any rate, I do not believe that there is a man in the USA who accepts to live in illusion who says that peace will be recognized between the Arabs and Israel even if the occupation of the occupied Arab territories does not come to an end.
The late
Ian Lazarus
The Main Man!
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: AOA

yIjah, Qey' 'oH!

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2005, 11:51:40 PM »

Oh, now that's just WRONG! Grin

Ian Lazarus :grommit:

who had bacon and eggs and toast for breakfast, LIKE A REAL MAN! laugh :happy2: :fart:

"For I am With thee, withersoever thou goest"

Joshua 1:9
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005, 11:57:10 PM »

I had Fruity Pebbles for breakfst

Hehe Cheesy

Nacho is right!  And what about Snagglepuss mincing around all the time like that?  He's pink for crying out loud!  Magenta, even!

yea, pretty fruity, eh & don't even get me started on big bird or Mr. Rogers...

Look, they may not be trying to "kill us all," as you're saying--we've thankfully moved on past the ignorance of the 80s whose thought was that there was a gay agenda to infect all heterosexuals with HIV/AIDS--but where do you start in order to change what a society believes?  You start with the kids.  If they grow up not knowing anything different, and especially if they hear the message from loved, fun characters, they'll accept it sight unseen.  And while good parenting may offset the effects of this s***, it may not be enough; for such a controversial--not to mention sinful--topic to be "snuck in under kids' radars like this is a new low.

Your sure right Pedro. The protestants may be very fruity  Cheesy themselves with some of thier stupid statements that make the rest of us look bad but I think there is a centilla of truth to some of the things which are objectionable. For example, didn't PBS recently run a cartoon not too long ago that had two lesbians living togethor? I'm assuming the two women living togethor weren't doing it either to save money on rent even though the deviants over at PBS that created this sickening cartoon wil use this as thier defense when  it all hits the fan. These tactics are reminiscent of marxism/communism because it was the main goal to remove the rights of the parents over thier children and shift it to the state. It's not nearly the same thing here but it reminds me of it somewhat because what these radicals with an agenda realize is that the youth are their best chance they have to brainwash. I forget the name of this cartoon but I also have heard they are very sympathetic to people of minority religions such as islam and show it in a great light as if it was the best thing since sliced bread but yet not a word about christianity as if it's non-existant. Must be the whole christ-o-phobia thing they have. 

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2005, 09:10:08 AM »

Why has nobody mentioned Barney---the Giant Purple Pedopile???

*seriously, think about it--it's creepy*
I hate that show.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: