OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 05:18:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Path to Eternal Salvation, Is it Standardized ?  (Read 800 times) Average Rating: 0
Jakub
Archon

« on: February 09, 2005, 08:03:12 PM »

My 50ish mind has been pondering this question, is the path to salvation a standard "narrow" width for all ? Or is the path apportioned/limited to what the Lord knows of our strengths and limitations ?

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 08:21:16 PM »

My 50ish mind has been pondering this question, is the path to salvation a standard "narrow" width for all ? Or is the path apportioned/limited to what the Lord knows of our strengths and limitations ?

Wow, great question. I often ponder the same thing. I find myself fluctuating between both these views. Looking at what scripture has to say along with the Fathers it's appearant it is indeed a very narrow path to salvation and sad to say most of mankind is doomed. Even though we have free will to choose I often wonder why most don't. I also wonder if God has a hand on those that are being perfected in Christ as compared to those that don't and if there is any favoritism or reason for this.

I also wonder why if we have such divine truth on our side why aren't more attracted to it and
there are many luke warm in the church. Why is it that a third of the men in tibet dedicate themselves to finding enlightenment in tibeten budhism? Do they know something we don't? If elightenment/truth is so blissfull and fullfilling why don't we have that going on in the Church when we have the truth? Just some questions I have been thinking about recently also.  Huh

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: