OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 11:17:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Priest in Zanzibar, Tanzania is victim of acid attack  (Read 273 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« on: September 14, 2013, 01:55:03 PM »

A priest in Zanzibar, Tanzania was attacked with acid on Friday afternoon. He was taken to the hospital.

This is the third such attack to happen in the area of late. In separate recent incidents, two tourists and a local businessman also had acid thrown in their faces.

(Please note the CNN article does not mention the priest's denomination.)

From the article:
The Rev. Joseph Anselmo Mwagambwa said he was attacked Friday afternoon while coming out of an internet cafe in Mlandenge, a community in the city of Zanzibar.

He was being treated in a hospital in the Tanzanian mainland town of Dar es Salaam.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 01:56:18 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 02:11:38 PM »

Undecided

(Also, Catholic, it seems)

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
kijabeboy03
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

"The glory of God is in man fully alive."

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 02:51:26 PM »

Zanzibar's been overwhelmingly Muslim for quite some time, but these sorts of things would have been unimaginable even 10 years ago :-(. So, so sad for the people there who are just trying to provide for themselves and their families...

"This is the Apostolic Faith, the Orthodox Faith, and the Faith of the Fathers. Having this wonderful treasure, let us preserve it, let us keep it, and let us also use it in such a way that this treasure becomes the victory of Christ in us and in His Church." ~ St. Severus of Antioch ~
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 02:55:45 PM »

Zanzibar's been overwhelmingly Muslim for quite some time, but these sorts of things would have been unimaginable even 10 years ago

So what has changed in Muslim countries during last twenty years or so? I've been told they used to be both peaceful and beautiful countries whereas nowadays is seems that whole islamic world is turning into a havoc.

Tags: Zanzibar  Tanzania 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: