Author Topic: NEW  (Read 401 times)

Offline Czar Lazar

• Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Манастир Нова Грачаница
NEW
« on: April 16, 2015, 06:29:41 PM »
hello,
I am sure this is not the right place, but I just got banned from Catholic Answers today and thought I should jump over here. Hi!

Offline Xenia

• Harmless Little Fuzzball
Re: NEW
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 06:31:57 PM »
Welcome! 

Offline Czar Lazar

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 06:32:32 PM »
Thank you very much!
Just trying to look around and get familiar with this new (to me) site.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
  • Can you stand on your head?
  • Faith: Alpaca Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 06:49:16 PM »
Welcome! :)
"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • Holy Royal Martyr Olga Nikolaevna
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 06:55:08 PM »
hello,
I am sure this is not the right place, but I just got banned from Catholic Answers today and thought I should jump over here. Hi!

LOL.

Welcome!
"But we must live in the world, having peace in our soul. We must live amidst strangers; we must suffer, struggle, and firmly believe. We must seek our consolation in prayer and not doubt the love and compassion of God. He is above everyone and everything."

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 06:56:14 PM »
Christ is Risen!

Welcome to the forum.   :)

Offline Czar Lazar

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 06:58:04 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcomes!!!!

Offline Czar Lazar

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 06:59:11 PM »
Christ is Risen!

I am assuming by this response, that I am not the first one to get banned?

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Off to see the wizard!
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 06:59:58 PM »
Christ is Risen!

We have a semi-regular CAF refugee boat service. ;) Make yourself at home!
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Alxandra

• ☦ ICXCNIKA ☦
  • Elder
    • Blog
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 07:00:38 PM »
Glory to God :)
Ἅγιος ὁ Θεός, Ἅγιος ἰσχυρός, Ἅγιος ἀθάνατος, ἐλέησον ἡμας

Offline Czar Lazar

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 07:03:03 PM »
a boat service.....lol.....well you may need to fuel up, the few Orthodox that were there; well we had some of the Catholics quite up in arms about some of our responses. Its also a little sad, some were very new or in the process of converting to Orthodoxy and seemed to be becoming influenced by the Catholic posts (of course alot of my response were deleted -- so they could not see the posts)--- have others had an experience like this?

Offline Czar Lazar

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 07:03:45 PM »

Offline Czar Lazar

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 07:04:04 PM »
Christ is Risen!

Indeed He is Risen!

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 07:05:15 PM »
a boat service.....lol.....well you may need to fuel up, the few Orthodox that were there; well we had some of the Catholics quite up in arms about some of our responses. Its also a little sad, some were very new or in the process of converting to Orthodoxy and seemed to be becoming influenced by the Catholic posts (of course alot of my response were deleted -- so they could not see the posts)--- have others had an experience like this?

There's nothing new under the sun at CAF, then. :P
"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 07:07:24 PM »
Christ is Risen!

I was never banned, but stopped reading and posting when their antagonism to Orthodoxy, and sometimes their own Eastern Catholics, became really apparent.
"But we must live in the world, having peace in our soul. We must live amidst strangers; we must suffer, struggle, and firmly believe. We must seek our consolation in prayer and not doubt the love and compassion of God. He is above everyone and everything."

Offline Czar Lazar

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 07:07:33 PM »

Really?! Wow!

That is sad. I kept asking what are you so afraid of that everyone is being deleted and getting infractions, the truth!!

Offline Czar Lazar

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 07:08:24 PM »
Christ is Risen!

Well that is the same.
I thought I would stick it out though and try to show some of the Orthodox side of things -- but that was not welcome.
I was never banned, but stopped reading and posting when their antagonism to Orthodoxy, and sometimes their own Eastern Catholics, became really apparent.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 07:38:50 PM »

Really?! Wow!

That is sad. I kept asking what are you so afraid of that everyone is being deleted and getting infractions, the truth!!

There's a thread about it here:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,13287.0.html

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Leave me alone, I was only singing
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 08:30:18 PM »
Christ is Risen!

I was banned twice.

Welcome.
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am

Offline Czar Lazar

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2015, 08:48:28 PM »
Christ is Risen!

I was banned twice.

Welcome.

well i dont feel so bad then

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
  • Pray for me, a sinner.
    • Blog
  • Faith: OO - Occidental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Puerto Rican Orthodox Sobor
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 01:02:57 AM »
Welcome.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Another blog - http://literarydiktator.blogspot.com/

Offline Wyatt

• Archon
  • Faith: Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Latin Church
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 02:05:47 AM »
Welcome. I have an account over at CAF, but never really post there much. There are far too many members for me and everything moves too fast and is rather impersonal. I enjoy reading stuff on here and occasionally posting, and there is another forum I am pretty active on that is Catholic, but a much smaller community than CAF.

Offline byhisgrace

• Elder
  • Faith: Evangelodox
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 02:18:28 AM »
Welcome, Czar!

Offline Maria

• Orthodox Christian
  • Toumarches
  • O most Holy Theotokos, save us.
  • Jurisdiction: GOC
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2015, 02:34:00 AM »

Really?! Wow!

I registered after a bunch of Orthodox Christians were banned, but apparently, my account was banned immediately. Did not post once.
Ἅγιος ὁ Θεός
Ἅγιος ἰσχυρός
Ἅγιος ἀθάνατος
ἐλέησον ἡμας

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
  • Pray for me, a sinner.
    • Blog
  • Faith: OO - Occidental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Puerto Rican Orthodox Sobor
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2015, 02:40:11 AM »

Really?! Wow!

I registered after a bunch of Orthodox Christians were banned, but apparently, my account was banned immediately. Did not post once.

I looked at CAF once and felt banned.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Another blog - http://literarydiktator.blogspot.com/

Offline Dominika

• Serbian/Polish
  • OC.net guru
    • My youtube channel
  • Jurisdiction: Sth different than my heart belongs to
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2015, 06:59:31 AM »
hello,

Welcome, nice to see one more Serbian here ;)

Check this thread: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,2938.0.html

Its also a little sad, some were very new or in the process of converting to Orthodoxy and seemed to be becoming influenced by the Catholic posts (of course alot of my response were deleted -- so they could not see the posts)--- have others had an experience like this?

Me rather not, but my Orthodox friends on Polish Catholic forums - definitely yes
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

Offline Czar Lazar

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2015, 06:23:00 PM »
hello,

Welcome, nice to see one more Serbian here ;)

Check this thread: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,2938.0.html

Its also a little sad, some were very new or in the process of converting to Orthodoxy and seemed to be becoming influenced by the Catholic posts (of course alot of my response were deleted -- so they could not see the posts)--- have others had an experience like this?

Me rather not, but my Orthodox friends on Polish Catholic forums - definitely yes

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2015, 07:02:34 PM »

Really?! Wow!

I looked at CAF once and felt banned.

Why do you think I feel when I read the Fisheaters forum?

Offline J Michael

• Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
  • Merarches
  • Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!
  • Faith: Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Passaic
« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 12:31:37 PM »

Not a few Catholics, Eastern and Western, have been banned from CAF, too.  If you don't toe their line almost perfectly, if you confront them with uncomfortable truths or even suggestions thereof, you will find yourself on the Banned Wagon. :)  It really doesn't take much at all.
"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Leave me alone, I was only singing
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #29 on: Yesterday at 07:25:27 PM »
The two times I was banned, I was Roman Catholic back then.
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am