OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 17, 2014, 02:24:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will N. Korea become Orthodox? Kim Jong Il admires it & builds churches.  (Read 1553 times) Average Rating: 0
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2013, 08:50:03 AM »

With red letters, brethren and sistren, with red letters.

Carved on a mountainside as it is in our hearts!  Hail to thee, our Dear Leader, hail to thee!  You are the sunshine of our souls, the rainbow over the valley, the shining star!

Romaios
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2013, 08:52:36 AM »

sistren

That's the most Orthodox rendering of сёстры I've heard in a while. Bravo!  laugh
JoeS2
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2013, 08:54:01 AM »

the most dialectic Communist Party running everything.... Its literally a land of Zombies if you will.

I don't think those words mean what you think they mean...

Zombies in the sense that they are robotic in their praise of their glorious leader.  Smuggled out video of the norm in life, or what passes for the norm, in NK showed the utter poverty of the masses.  It showed children hunting for rice in the mud and dirt, literally dead bodies in the streets from malnutrition and people walking by like they weren't there.   These folks don't know any other existence.  They are totally cut off from the rest of the world.  Its as if they reside on another planet.   The North Koreans have taken Communism to it's ultimate goal, ie total and unequivocal control of the all of it's citizens.   Opening of an Orthodox church is a good thing but be very suspicious of the aims and intend of this new boy leader.  Keep in mind, he doesn't intend to give up this total control and any challenges to his authority will be met with the most serious of penalties.  
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2013, 08:57:32 AM »

the most dialectic Communist Party running everything.... Its literally a land of Zombies if you will.

Zombies in the sense that they are robotic in their praise of their glorious leader.  

Okay, that's not what "literally" means.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Protokentarchos

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2013, 09:01:33 AM »

Zombies in the sense that they are robotic in their praise of their glorious leader.  

Okay, that's not what "literally" means.

Literally figurative.

TheTrisagion
Jack-of-all-Trades, Master of none
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2013, 09:07:01 AM »

I agree on the first, but have you not heard about literally?  The Webster's Dictionary has redefined it.

Definition of LITERALLY
1:  in a literal sense or manner :  actually <took the remark literally> <was literally insane>
2:  in effect :  virtually <will literally turn the world upside down to combat cruelty or injustice — Norman Cousins>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally

More than the word marriage is being redefined, my friends.  It is a brave new world...

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2013, 09:12:09 AM »

I agree on the first, but have you not heard about literally?  The Webster's Dictionary has redefined it.

Definition of LITERALLY
1:  in a literal sense or manner :  actually <took the remark literally> <was literally insane>
2:  in effect :  virtually <will literally turn the world upside down to combat cruelty or injustice — Norman Cousins>

More than the word marriage is being redefined, my friends.  It is a brave new world...

Whoever did that at Webster's is metaphorically stupid.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Protokentarchos

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2013, 09:15:55 AM »

Definition of LITERALLY

I only trust the OED, pre-1990, before stupid words starting infiltrating it.

JoeS2
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2013, 09:56:47 AM »

Typical; worry about the grammar and ignore the content.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Protokentarchos

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2013, 10:17:16 AM »

Half of the replies here just crack me up  Grin

Maybe he will declare himself emperor and finally call an ecumenical council for us

We are not trying to be sarcastic but North Korea is what it is.  The most closed society on Earth with the most dialectic Communist Party running everything and everyone down to the last person in the household.  Its literally a land of Zombies if you will.

The bolded parts are true.  Content was not ignored.

Nicene
Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2013, 11:24:46 AM »

I doubt a dictator of North Korea would take any religion (except ultimate devotion of his subjects to himself) seriously.

Thank you.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: