OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 09:14:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodox Chant Indetification  (Read 236 times) Average Rating: 0
God Bless3232

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I have been a Greek Orthodox Christian all my life!!! Down with the atheists

« on: September 09, 2013, 05:10:25 PM »

Hello All,

I need your help in finding the name of the first chant on this youtube video from St. Nektarios Greek Orthodox Monastery in Roscoe NY by the blessed fathers. The very first chant is the one need identified. I have tried relentlessly for days but have not been able to find the name.

Thank you all and God Bless+

THE LINK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRPl5VwgJCA
Romaios
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 05:23:46 PM »

Resurrectional Apolytikion in tone 5:

Τὸν συνάναρχον Λόγον Πατρὶ καὶ Πνεύματι, τὸν ἐκ Παρθένου τεχθέντα εἰς σωτηρίαν ἡμῶν, ἀνυμνήσωμεν πιστοὶ καὶ προσκυνήσωμεν· ὅτι ηὐδόκησε σαρκί, ἀνελθεῖν ἐν τῷ σταυρῷ, καὶ θάνατον ὑπομεῖναι, καὶ ἐγεῖραι τοὺς τεθνεῶτας, ἐν τῇ ἐνδόξῳ Ἀναστάσει αὐτοῦ.

Let us worship the Word who is unoriginate* with the Father and the Spirit, and from a Virgin was born* for our salvation, O believers, and let us sing His praise.* For in His goodness He was pleased* to ascend the Cross in the flesh, and to undergo death,* and to raise up those who had died,* by His glorious Resurrection.
Tags: chanting  greek  orthodox  Christian music 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: