OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 02:19:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serpentslayer's preaching combined  (Read 9138 times) Average Rating: 0
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2013, 08:06:03 AM »

I am beyond despair.  GPP SerpentSlayer came back to bestow his blessing upon us and we rejected him

WOE to you serpents that have profaned the anointed

WOE to you doubters of the Seer, for his wrath will come upon you and that right quickly and you shall be torn limb from limb and your bones will be scattered across the seven seas.

WOE to you mockers of the enlightenment that has not entered the world until this day, for GPP SerpentSlayer has come to redeem you from your iniquity and you have rejected his benevolence.

Why can't you just take your spiritual edification like a man? 
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2013, 08:11:14 AM »

I am beyond despair.  GPP SerpentSlayer came back to bestow his blessing upon us and we rejected him

WOE to you serpents that have profaned the anointed

WOE to you doubters of the Seer, for his wrath will come upon you and that right quickly and you shall be torn limb from limb and your bones will be scattered across the seven seas.

WOE to you mockers of the enlightenment that has not entered the world until this day, for GPP SerpentSlayer has come to redeem you from your iniquity and you have rejected his benevolence.

I. Love. You.  Kiss  laugh laugh laugh
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek *and* Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2013, 08:12:42 AM »

It's all the fault of ol' Trespassers William. Cheesy

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #138 on: September 12, 2013, 08:17:41 AM »

@Serpentslayer, since it seems you show not willingness to engage in any discussions and prefer only to preach your thelogoy, starting from now you are obliged to do this in this thread ONLY and are forbidden to do this anywhere else on the forum. Disobedience to this request will result in further discipline (warnings etc.).

Some following sollutions to your activity on the forum might come in future.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:19:35 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2013, 08:18:35 AM »

THIS. IS. FANTASTIC!

All of the wisdom has now been combined into one tome for the edification of the faithful.  Though the GPP has left us, we have been graced with his prophecies.  In the spirit of the GPP, I believe the first and most important thing that must be done is we must each interpret his writings in a manner that makes sense to us personally.  It is important that none of us have the same interpretation as that would be a sign of demonic involvement.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #140 on: September 12, 2013, 08:24:38 AM »

We will be gleaning wisdom from his writings, commentaries, and prophecies for many generations.  But I did not heed his word.  I fear damnation.

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #141 on: September 12, 2013, 08:30:11 AM »

We will be gleaning wisdom from his writings, commentaries, and prophecies for many generations.  But I did not heed his word.  I fear damnation.

Fear not.  If we remember his words of blessed memory...

He didn't questioned my authority, I have none. What he did is persecute The Lord by attacking his member and in that respect I as a servant and prisoner of Christ and God as my witness forgive him and you because you have testify pied falsely.

You will note that as long as your failing is a result of pie, you have been forgiven.  I believe it might be apple pie, but it is possible he meant strawberry pie.  I cannot be dogmatic on that point.

LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #142 on: September 12, 2013, 08:33:19 AM »

I believe it might be apple pie, but it is possible he meant strawberry pie.

Or pork pie. Or custard pie. You are entirely correct, we cannot be dogmatic on this point. It shall have to remain a theologoumenon, unless His Munificent Awesomeness condescends to enlighten us further on this point.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:34:04 AM by LBK » Logged
Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #143 on: September 12, 2013, 08:39:48 AM »

Or pork pie. Or custard pie. You are entirely correct, we cannot be dogmatic on this point. It shall have to remain a theologoumenon, unless His Munificent Awesomeness condescends to enlighten us further on this point.

Remember to observe the seasons. As the Revised Zoroastrian calendar is 7.8888 days slow on the original, we are now on the cusp of apple and pumpkin pie. Tongue

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #144 on: September 12, 2013, 08:40:12 AM »

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that you would deign mention pork pie because if we exegete the context here, it clearly excludes the unclean foods of the OT. What next, a shellfish pie? Will the heresy never end!?!?  Shocked
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:43:54 AM by TheTrisagion » Logged

LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #145 on: September 12, 2013, 08:45:42 AM »

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that you would deign mention pork pie because if we exegete the context here, it clearly excludes the unclean foods of the OT. What next, a shellfish pie? Will the blasphemy never end!?!?  Shocked

My dear Tri, are we not living in the end times, where the old Law has been fulfilled, and where there is neither Jew nor Greek, nor clean and unclean foods? Was not Peter commanded to eat of all that was on the sheet?

I speak as one well-versed in the harvesting of seafood from its wild environs, and in its preparation for the table. Feeding the multitudes is a specialty of mine.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:46:15 AM by LBK » Logged
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #146 on: September 12, 2013, 08:47:47 AM »

Or we could crack a cidre or five. Ain't it grand that it's a booze-allowed day? Grin

Some good English cidre would do the trick.  Hey, it's fruit, right?  laugh

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2013, 08:48:59 AM »

Fear not.  If we remember his words of blessed memory...

He didn't questioned my authority, I have none. What he did is persecute The Lord by attacking his member and in that respect I as a servant and prisoner of Christ and God as my witness forgive him and you because you have testify pied falsely.

You will note that as long as your failing is a result of pie, you have been forgiven.  I believe it might be apple pie, but it is possible he meant strawberry pie.  I cannot be dogmatic on that point.

I exegete pecan pie, which I will masticate this very evening.

LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2013, 08:50:34 AM »

Or we could crack a cidre or five. Ain't it grand that it's a booze-allowed day? Grin

Brandy is grapes, vodka is grain, and slivovits is plums. Hey, I like where this is heading!
Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2013, 08:51:13 AM »

Only one of your five-a-day, though, regardless of quantity. Cheesy

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #150 on: September 12, 2013, 08:51:59 AM »

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that you would deign mention pork pie because if we exegete the context here, it clearly excludes the unclean foods of the OT. What next, a shellfish pie? Will the blasphemy never end!?!?  Shocked

My dear Tri, are we not living in the end times, where the old Law has been fulfilled, and where there is neither Jew nor Greek, nor clean and unclean foods? Was not Peter commanded to eat of all that was on the sheet?

I speak as one well-versed in the harvesting of seafood from its wild environs, and in its preparation for the table. Feeding the multitudes is a specialty of mine.

In reflecting on the words of the enlightened Seer we see this passage...

VANILA SKY you must walk the PLANK called DEATH before you can even dream of being present with The Lord.

As far as the world that waits for the almost 2000 years in the making SECOND COMING, they to wil get their wish and the devil called lucifer will grant it for them.

It is now clear to me that only vanila pie (which rhymes with sky) is acceptable. I am having difficulty with the spelling of vanila as I always thought it was spelled with 2 "l"s.  Perhaps this is a new revelation that we ought to go to the new revised spelling.

Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #151 on: September 12, 2013, 08:53:39 AM »

VANILA SKY you must walk the PLANK called DEATH before you can even dream of being present with The Lord.

As far as the world that waits for the almost 2000 years in the making SECOND COMING, they to wil get their wish and the devil called lucifer will grant it for them.

It is now clear to me that only vanila pie (which rhymes with sky) is acceptable. I am having difficulty with the spelling of vanila as I always thought it was spelled with 2 "l"s.  Perhaps this is a new revelation that we ought to go to the new revised spelling.

And so is the pie in the sky prophecy fulfilled! Alleluia!

LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2013, 08:53:52 AM »

Grapes, plums, pears, apricots and peaches. There! Five fruits, all brewed accordingly.  laugh
Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2013, 08:54:57 AM »

Grapes, plums, pears, apricots and peaches. There! Five fruits, all brewed accordingly.  laugh

Preservation is a sacred duty. Cheesy

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2013, 08:55:27 AM »

I see what you did there, and I must say, I like it.  laugh

LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #155 on: September 12, 2013, 08:56:09 AM »

All hail our wise and worthy Mistress, Matriarch Arachne! Her words are sweet honey and finest spun gold!
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #156 on: September 12, 2013, 08:56:25 AM »

Yay for Thursdays!  Let me in on this divine delight!

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #157 on: September 12, 2013, 08:57:22 AM »

Vanila is an ancient spice and the translation could be corrupted.  So we have no way of knowing if it's similar to our common "vanilla" or something more exotic.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #158 on: September 12, 2013, 08:58:06 AM »

And distilled. Wink

LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #159 on: September 12, 2013, 08:58:42 AM »

.... of the drinkable variety, of course.  laugh If one has no still, then infusions are more than acceptable, won't risk blowing up the neighborhood, and won't run foul of the authorities.
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #160 on: September 12, 2013, 08:59:20 AM »

Vanila is an ancient spice and the translation could be corrupted.  So we have no way of knowing if it's similar to our common "vanilla" or something more exotic.

Now that the Matriarch has granted her blessing on the interpretation, I feel quite comfortable in knowing that we heurmenutically exegeted the passage correctly.

LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #161 on: September 12, 2013, 09:02:30 AM »

Now that the Matriarch has granted her blessing on the interpretation, I feel quite comfortable in knowing that we heurmenutically exegeted the passage correctly.

Indeed. Let us raise a toast to our beloved Matriarch!
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #162 on: September 12, 2013, 09:04:14 AM »

.... of the drinkable variety, of course.  laugh If one has no still, then infusions are more than acceptable, won't risk blowing up the neighborhood, and won't run foul of the authorities.

Yes, good infusions with vodka or brandy is most acceptable.  I do that every now and again.

DeniseDenise
Moderated
Protokentarchos

Pre-heating the Oven!

« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2013, 10:00:58 AM »

I can't tell you how glad I am to see this and the return to the traditional piety!

Do you have a long catechumenate?
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #164 on: September 12, 2013, 10:05:49 AM »

I can't tell you how glad I am to see this and the return to the traditional piety!

Seven years.  You must wear a mourning robe of burlap and have ashes rubbed on your head during the entire catechumenate.

podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #165 on: September 12, 2013, 10:18:45 AM »

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that you would deign mention pork pie because if we exegete the context here, it clearly excludes the unclean foods of the OT. What next, a shellfish pie? Will the heresy never end!?!?  Shocked

Oh my, I had 'lobstah' pot pie out in Wellfleet one year..If I recall, it was delicious..big trouble ahead.... Smiley Smiley
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #166 on: September 12, 2013, 10:20:30 AM »

Oh my, I had 'lobstah' pot pie out in Wellfleet one year..If I recall, it was delicious..big trouble ahead.... Smiley Smiley

One enjoys sinning...I hope you are guilt-ridden.   Cheesy

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #167 on: September 12, 2013, 10:20:46 AM »

Seven years.  You must wear a mourning robe of burlap and have ashes rubbed on your head during the entire catechumenate.
On a plus side, our online monastery is co-ed and since no one can see you, you can attend in your burlap underwear.  I do all the time.  Tongue

LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #168 on: September 12, 2013, 10:31:42 AM »

Seven years.  You must wear a mourning robe of burlap and have ashes rubbed on your head during the entire catechumenate.
On a plus side, our online monastery is co-ed and since no one can see you, you can attend in your burlap underwear.  I do all the time.  Tongue

... or attend stitch-free, like Sts Mary of Egypt or Macarius the Great.  Wink
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 10:32:47 AM by LBK » Logged
DeniseDenise
Moderated
Protokentarchos

Pre-heating the Oven!

« Reply #169 on: September 12, 2013, 10:45:31 AM »

Must one go entirely pie-less during that period or can one still partake of one's former piety while working their way into truly believing in the pie?

Burlap itches but pie consoles.
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #170 on: September 12, 2013, 11:02:56 AM »

Must one go entirely pie-less during that period or can one still partake of one's former piety while working their way into truly believing in the pie?

Only vanila pie.  None of that pork pie nonsense.  The canons have been laid out clearly on that one.  Grin

Hinterlander
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2013, 11:28:41 AM »

It would be better to simply not reply to Serpentslayer at all then to fill the thread with a vain jocularity.
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2013, 11:34:07 AM »

94.3% of my posts on this forum are vain jocularity. The other 5.7% are vain argumentations.

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

"And you shall call his name Jesus..."

« Reply #173 on: September 12, 2013, 11:34:16 AM »

There have been no insults. Just expanding on the apocryphal beatitude: 'Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.'

This reminded me of The Boring Prophet.  

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.

Please, James, tell us more about women!
Didyma
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of North America

I am not nice!

« Reply #174 on: September 12, 2013, 11:42:41 AM »

Only vanila pie.  None of that pork pie nonsense.  The canons have been laid out clearly on that one.  Grin

And what about Shepherd's Pie?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 11:43:01 AM by Didyma » Logged

.- -. -.. / --. --- -.. / ... .... .- .-.. .-.. / .-- .. .--. . / .- .-- .- -.-- / .- .-.. .-.. / - . .- .-. ... / ..-. .-. --- -- / - .... . .. .-. / . -.-- . ...
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #175 on: September 12, 2013, 11:52:30 AM »

Only vanila pie.  None of that pork pie nonsense.  The canons have been laid out clearly on that one.  Grin

I believe that was a local council only and has not been upheld or affirmed by the whole community.  The anti-pork faction is strong, but they do not make doctrine.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #176 on: September 12, 2013, 11:59:57 AM »

Actually the 2nd canon of the Council in Trullo accepted earlier canons supporting both vanilla and pork pies, among several others. This has left things vague and open to argument ever since, though this particular canon from Trullo is rarely brought up because it is embarrassing at best, and even worse could be used by heretics to justify their preference fro apple pie.

Large Marge sent me...
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #177 on: September 12, 2013, 12:00:50 PM »

Keep in mind, that neither canon nor universal consent establishes correct teaching here.  The ultimate authority is our own personal exegesis of our cherrypicked Scripture reference for only that can be infallible.  And obviously, if someone interprets a passage differently than myself, they are wrong and must be condemned.  This is our custom and we have no other.

dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2013, 12:02:36 PM »

It would be better to simply not reply to Serpentslayer at all then to fill the thread with a vain jocularity.

I agree. You forgot a comma, though.  Wink  Grin (emoticons = vain jocularity)

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2013, 12:03:56 PM »

I need to go shower now. Thankfully I'm already naked.

Large Marge sent me...
Tags: Blasphemy Gnosticism 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: