OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 10:45:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serpentslayer's preaching combined  (Read 9126 times) Average Rating: 0
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #180 on: September 12, 2013, 01:14:08 PM »

I need to go shower now. Thankfully I'm already naked.
Fortunately you can commune at our online monastery while doing so.

Why can't you just take your spiritual edification like a man? 
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2013, 01:16:39 PM »

Actually the 2nd canon of the Council in Trullo accepted earlier canons supporting both vanilla and pork pies, among several others. This has left things vague and open to argument ever since, though this particular canon from Trullo is rarely brought up because it is embarrassing at best, and even worse could be used by heretics to justify their preference fro apple pie.

An obvious forgery, because it is well-documented that vanila is different from vanilla.  Vanila is a holy spice, whereas vanilla is a whorish substance.  Provide the original menu from the Trullo luncheon and I will believe you.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2013, 01:17:54 PM »

I need to go shower now. Thankfully I'm already naked.
Fortunately you can commune at our online monastery while doing so.

While being digitally showered with holy brandy.  Watch the eyes!

Gunnarr
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2013, 05:27:57 PM »

I think that this person is the recently banned super old believer

perhaps both of them are sock puppet trolls
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 05:28:12 PM by Gunnarr » Logged

I am a demonic servant! Beware!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2013, 05:42:15 PM »

Actually the 2nd canon of the Council in Trullo accepted earlier canons supporting both vanilla and pork pies, among several others. This has left things vague and open to argument ever since, though this particular canon from Trullo is rarely brought up because it is embarrassing at best, and even worse could be used by heretics to justify their preference fro apple pie.

An obvious forgery, because it is well-documented that vanila is different from vanilla.  Vanila is a holy spice, whereas vanilla is a whorish substance.  Provide the original menu from the Trullo luncheon and I will believe you.

New Advent and CCEL, being Roman Catholic and Protestant websites, obviously have tried to erase the evidence of this from existence. Thankfully there is a new Orthodox site which is preserving our heritage! It has not gone live yet, so I can not publically link to it, however I have been a contributor and editor and thus have access to the contents. So, just for you, here is a scan of the original English text written by the Fathers of the 7th century that details what I am talking about. I hope with this you will realize that there is much more to Church history than the Catholics and Protestants want you to believe. Don't fall for their lies! Also, if you wish to financially support the website I spoke of that I am helping get off the ground, you can send a money order or personal check to me and I promise it will get to them.

EDIT--Note, I am not sure if the "whip" instead of "whipped" is a typo by copyists, or if perhaps they just had a different spelling.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 05:44:07 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

Large Marge sent me...
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2013, 05:53:36 PM »

Forgive my unbelief!   It could be a copyist error (as is the possibility with vanila vs. vanilla) or it is a type of cream which no longer exists in modern day.  How are we to interpret the Canon in this way if there is no more whip cream?  Or did they forget a conjunction?  "Whip and cream"?  "Whip or cream"?  Also, where is the Patriarchate of Pennsylburgia on the ancient maps? 

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #186 on: September 12, 2013, 05:56:35 PM »

Certainly possibilities regarding the confusion/problem. As for the location, perhaps ialmisry will be able to provide us with a map?

Large Marge sent me...
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #187 on: September 12, 2013, 06:04:47 PM »

I got this cashier's cheque for ten grand for your organization.  Just deposit and cash out $1000 and send it to me for the processing fee.  Also, you won the lotto in Azerbaijan.  Send me your bank info and it will be deposited posthaste.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #188 on: September 12, 2013, 06:07:17 PM »

Oh snap, I don't have legal authority to do that Sad  I'll tell you what I can do though, I will send you a rebate form via email for you to fill out, then you send me the money, and when you are finally allowed to access the site you send in the form and you will be reimbursed. My email associated with the site is  asteriktostheman@ancientfaithpatristicsnstuff.net

Large Marge sent me...
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #189 on: September 12, 2013, 06:18:33 PM »

Oooooh, gee, I can't really do that.  Tell you what.  I'll wire you the money with this new machine I have.  It only costs$3.50 per transaction!  How cool is that?  Just send me $3.50 in pennies via snail mail so I can get a coffee at Starbucks while I wait.  I'll send you the address to your electronic mail address.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2013, 06:20:37 PM »

Thank you. Ever since they invented these modulator demodulators that let us communicate via electronic thingies over the interwebs (thanks Al!) life has been much better.

Large Marge sent me...
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2013, 06:32:15 PM »

I will also send you my analog cellular mobile telephone number.  Only call me at 3PM Newfoundland time.  That's when I get the best reception and no roaming charges, since I'll be standing on my house. 

It's only $3.00 per minute, too!  And the battery rental is cheap!

Serpentslayer

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Christ

« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2013, 08:44:20 PM »

After partaking in the Holy Communion of The Lord I hereby plead with you oh God to forgive them for they know not what they are doing. Forgive them lord and turn them back from their vanity and bring them to your truth according to your holiness, I pray in your name and the name of your beloved Son and my saviour Christ Jesus and your almighty Holy Spirit who gave me life.

Amen 
DeniseDenise
Moderated
Protokentarchos

Pre-heating the Oven!

« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2013, 09:10:07 PM »

Must one go entirely pie-less during that period or can one still partake of one's former piety while working their way into truly believing in the pie?

Burlap itches but pie consoles.
Only vanila pie.  None of that pork pie nonsense.  The canons have been laid out clearly on that one.  Grin

And what about Shepherd's Pie?

is it made of real Shepherds?   
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2013, 09:11:30 PM »

Serpentslayer, I am becoming more and more convinced that you are simply trolling. You are pouring out scriptures like a waterfall and you completely ignore people when they are trying to have an intelligent discussion with you.

I forgive your trespasses against me, now I will let you go in peace. Goodbye!

You are free to go in peace, too.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Eastern Mind
Hi! I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs!
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Hopeful
Jurisdiction: Greece

« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2013, 10:37:01 PM »

After partaking in the Holy Communion of The Lord I hereby plead with you oh God to forgive them for they know not what they are doing. Forgive them lord and turn them back from their vanity and bring them to your truth according to your holiness, I pray in your name and the name of your beloved Son and my saviour Christ Jesus and your almighty Holy Spirit who gave me life.

Amen 

No one here wishes evil on you. It's just, you sound like a Gnostic, is all. And when we bring it up, you lash out like we are attacking you personally. It's not like you're Arius and we're St. Nicholas. It's against the rules to cyber-slap people anyhow.

You mustn't get overexcited. Christians are told to test the spirits, to test false doctrines.

May God lead you to the truth. He loves you. I'll pray for you. Even if you are (allegedly) trolling.

"ALL THE GODS OF THE HINDUS ARE DEMONS HAHAHAHAHA!!"
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2013, 10:45:43 PM »

Amen 

Was this "Holy Communion" self-administered? This is an honest question.
Serpentslayer

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Christ

« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2013, 05:14:47 AM »

Amen 

No one here wishes evil on you. It's just, you sound like a Gnostic, is all. And when we bring it up, you lash out like we are attacking you personally. It's not like you're Arius and we're St. Nicholas. It's against the rules to cyber-slap people anyhow.

You mustn't get overexcited. Christians are told to test the spirits, to test false doctrines.

May God lead you to the truth. He loves you. I'll pray for you. Even if you are (allegedly) trolling.

Thankyou sister I have by the grace of God faced harlotry and hypocrisy all the time by those who hold up the images of Mary and saints.

My mission is to destroy the idols in the high places of the mind and heart. GOD WILLING HE WILL HELP ME TO DO SO.

We are going to see a huge change soon when the sword of the Spirit is going to destroy all idolatry from the face of the globe along with those who hold these idols in their mind and hearts.

The most abominable thing to God is idolatry found in all churches today.  These images must be destroyed from the source that is the mind and heart.

God will Minister the destruction through his oppressors then you can cry out where is our God. Shaking up is coming soon brothers and sisters.

Don't be found kissing or kneeling before idols because JEHU is coming for you.
Hawkeye
Дїѡни́сїй Качема́ческїй, Oнома́тодоѯологъ
High Elder

Faith: Priestless Old Belief
Jurisdiction: Betwixt Antioch and familiarity

"The Emperor Alexander died at Taganrog."

« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2013, 05:38:30 AM »

Thankyou sister I have by the grace of God faced harlotry and hypocrisy all the time by those who hold up the images of Mary and saints.

My mission is to destroy the idols in the high places of the mind and heart. GOD WILLING HE WILL HELP ME TO DO SO.

We are going to see a huge change soon when the sword of the Spirit is going to destroy all idolatry from the face of the globe along with those who hold these idols in their mind and hearts.

The most abominable thing to God is idolatry found in all churches today.  These images must be destroyed from the source that is the mind and heart.

God will Minister the destruction through his oppressors then you can cry out where is our God. Shaking up is coming soon brothers and sisters.

Again I am left confused about what you are saying. Are you arguing against icons here or something? We tend not to take kindly to that.

If you are trolling, you may have overplayed your hand. If you are serious, you're bonkers.

Quote from: Leo Tolstoy to Grand Duke Nikolai Mikhailovich
[W]hatever was hidden behind the name of the hermit Feodor . . . let historical evidence fail to connect Alexander with Kuzmich, the Legend lives in all its beauty and sincerity.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2013, 10:51:37 AM »

Bad boys bad boys,
Whachoo gonna do?
Whachoo gonna do when JEHU comes for you?

I'm surprised, GPP Serpentslayer, that you've toned it down quite a bit?  No BOLDNESS, just mere ALL CAPS.  I'm sorry, but I will have to start a new monastery AGAINSIGH, Oh, WELL

Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek *and* Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #200 on: September 15, 2013, 11:13:01 AM »

I'm sorry, but I will have to start a new monastery AGAIN.

Make sure you get a better server this time. The other one couldn't handle the traffic at evensnog time. Wink

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #201 on: September 15, 2013, 06:56:19 PM »

Amen 

Jehu, son of Jehoshaphat, is coming for me?  Isn't he dead?  I mean, I know he wiped out Ahab's house and all, but he is kinda past his prime now.

Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #202 on: September 15, 2013, 07:01:43 PM »

Amen 

Jehu, son of Jehoshaphat, is coming for me?  Isn't he dead?  I mean, I know he wiped out Ahab's house and all, but he is kinda past his prime now.

You crack me up.  Cheesy

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #203 on: September 15, 2013, 07:27:28 PM »

Quote from: Serpentslayer

Cheesy
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #204 on: September 15, 2013, 07:32:49 PM »

Amen 

Was this "Holy Communion" self-administered? This is an honest question.

Serpentslayer, I'm still waiting for your answer.
dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #205 on: September 15, 2013, 08:41:01 PM »

Amen 

what do you consider to be idols? Are you talking about the icons that we use? If so I declare anathema

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2013, 10:08:15 PM »

Amen 

Let's see who gets it first.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Eastern Mind
High Elder

« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2013, 11:41:54 PM »

Amen 

Icons are not idols. If you are interested, I can link you to some webpages that have the transcripts (so to speak) of the Ecumenical Councils, in particular the 7th one which fought and overcame the heresy of Iconoclasm (icon smashing). Icons have been around since Christianity's beginnings. I can link you to some pictures of Christ the Good Shepherd, as well as of Sts. Peter and Paul, in the catacombs of Rome.

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

"And you shall call his name Jesus..."

« Reply #208 on: September 15, 2013, 11:53:23 PM »

Let's see who gets it first.

I'll bite. 

God will Minister the destruction through his oppressors then you can cry out where is our God.

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.

Please, James, tell us more about women!
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2013, 07:46:12 AM »

Make sure you get a better server this time. The other one couldn't handle the traffic at evensnog time. Wink

Hmm, yes.  It was difficult during that time, as we ran out of server space and the liturgical brandy and spiced rum. 

LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2013, 07:47:54 AM »

Hmm, yes.  It was difficult during that time, as we ran out of server space and the liturgical brandy and spiced rum. 

What, no liturgical vodka? IS OUTRAGE!!!
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #211 on: September 16, 2013, 07:54:08 AM »

Vodka in a nog is no nog at all.  Only our megaloschemamonks can partake of the divine vodka in all its purity.  Unfortunately, I am not one.  Nog makes for an interesting compline.

LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #212 on: September 16, 2013, 07:58:41 AM »

Vodka in a nog is no nog at all.  Only our megaloschemamonks can partake of the divine vodka in all its purity.  Unfortunately, I am not one.  Nog makes for an interesting compline.

Nog? Hmmm. I took the Matriarch's terminology as evensnog, an entirely different activity to the one you refer to. O Great Mistress, our all-wise Matriarch, is it evensnog, or evensnog?
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #213 on: September 16, 2013, 08:04:15 AM »

Nog? Hmmm. I took the Matriarch's terminology as evensnog, an entirely different activity to the one you refer to. O Great Mistress, our all-wise Matriarch, is it evensnog, or evensnog?
I would like to know too.  Being a co-ed online monastery, I would not doubt that nog can lead to snog... laugh

LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #214 on: September 16, 2013, 08:12:00 AM »

I would like to know too.  Being a co-ed online monastery, I would not doubt that nog can lead to snog... laugh

Oh, a nog or three can indeed lead to snog. However, my son, we must be patient, and await the sage word of our illustrious Mistress.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #215 on: September 16, 2013, 08:22:41 AM »

Forgive my impatience. angel

LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #216 on: September 16, 2013, 08:25:27 AM »

Forgive my impatience. angel

There is nothing to forgive. Be at peace. laugh
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 08:26:28 AM by LBK » Logged
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #217 on: September 16, 2013, 08:33:21 AM »

Truly the widsom of our Grand Poobah Patriarch has granted to the world great understanding and enlightenment.  I am in great anticipation to hear the words of our great Matriarch.  Cheesy

Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek *and* Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #218 on: September 16, 2013, 09:29:07 AM »

It may be a co-ed monastery, but it also exists only in the (cyber)spirit world, therefore snogging, with or without spirits in the noggin, even of the full frontal variety, is innocuous. However, all are cautioned not to overindulge, lest they make their postulant brethren stumble, or stagger, even. Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:29:25 AM by Arachne » Logged

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #219 on: September 16, 2013, 09:35:52 AM »

It may be a co-ed monastery, but it also exists only in the (cyber)spirit world, therefore snogging, with or without spirits in the noggin, even of the full frontal variety, is innocuous. However, all are cautioned not to overindulge, lest they make their postulant brethren stumble, or stagger, even. Cheesy
I completely misread the title of that book.   Shocked  Therefore, it will be required reading for all novices.

LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #220 on: September 16, 2013, 09:37:03 AM »

Thank you, oh thank you, great and august Mistress! The mystery has been explained!
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #221 on: September 16, 2013, 09:39:09 AM »

I completely misread the title of that book.   Shocked  Therefore, it will be required reading for all novices.
As did I.  I was in shock when I saw the title.  Cheesy

Eastern Mind
High Elder

« Reply #222 on: September 23, 2013, 10:43:41 PM »

Amen 

I think he was trying to use the Holy Name, but he failed miserably.  laugh

theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #223 on: September 24, 2013, 12:56:54 AM »

I have absolutely nothing pertinent to add; just want to make sure I get nudged when the OP returns! Cheesy

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #224 on: September 24, 2013, 01:05:47 AM »

Let this, my 1054th post, be a reminder that Serpentslayer's teachings have the potential to create another denomination, more glorious than all combined.  I patiently await his return when he may instruct the faithful of the world of his teachings.  He did come as a prophet, as an anonymous internet poster preaching to his own; and his own rejected him.   Cry  I believe that with our prayers combined, he will appear, just as Captain Planet descends when the faithful invoke his characteristics.  Unite, brethren! 

Tags: Blasphemy Gnosticism 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: