OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 03, 2014, 12:49:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serpentslayer's preaching combined  (Read 7828 times) Average Rating: 0
Serpentslayer

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Christ

« on: September 10, 2013, 07:00:50 PM »

Let us understand what the context of the APPEARING OF THE LORD mean to the Apostles and how it related to the HEAVENLY BODILY RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD.

We refer to 2 Corinthians 5:1-10.

In the verse below we see a clear emphasis of a REAL and TANGIBLE heavenly body awaiting every believer IMMEDIATELY after the earthly house, that is, our Adam One body is dissolved, meaning it dies.

For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

In the verse below we see a groaning to be IMMEDIATELY clothed with the REAL and TANGIBLE heavenly body so that we are not left naked as disembodied souls. 

For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

We see the same declaration placing much emphasis on being clothed with the heavenly resurrection body and not left naked for almost 2000 years in the making resurrection that that has not yet occurred to those still waiting for Christ's second coming.

For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened:not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

The following verse clearly points to the LIVING SEAL who is God the Holy Spirit who was given ahead of time since Pentecost to the believer in Christ as an assurance (guarantee) to initiate the resurrection of the dead in every departed sanctified believer as it is clearly conveyed in Romans 8:11. So it is not Christ who raises us at a 2000 years in the making resurrection of the dead turn key project but it is his Holy Spirit that was given in EARNEST as an assurance that we be CLOTHED WITH THE RESURRECTION GARMENT OF AN ANGEL after we depart from this earthly life.

Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

The versus below confirm the context of what I have discussed above with reference to previous versus, in teaching that the RESURRECTION occurs in each and every sanctified believer in Christ after their earthly Adam One body is dissolved, meaning it dies.

Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

We then can discern from the versus below that when our earthly dwelling is dissolved we are IMMEDIATELY brought before the WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT SEAT OF CHRIST. Then what comes next is the separation of the SHEEP and GOATS and the SHEEP immediately have part in the FIRST RESURRECTION.

Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

If we understand how this judgement relates to the RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD we refer to the following verse below:

Hebrews 9:27-28
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

It is clear that the above versus are connected to 2 Corinthians 5-1-10 in conjunction to the APPEARING OF THE LORD when the thief (death) comes in a day and hour that no man knows to destroy (kill) their earthly house (bodies). This confirms that the APPEARING OF THE LORD has been happening from the first martyr Saint Stephen as described in ACTS 7:55-56 and ACTS 7:59:60 to the last when God the Father winds down the Adam One realm and destroys the world.

So the lords APPEARING FOR MOST FAITHFUL in Christ has been happening after they pass through the VEIL CALLED DEATH the immediately they are clothed with the HEAVENLY RESURRECTION BODY.

Now where else is the LORD's APPEARING MENTION in context to when a sanctified faithful departs passing through the VEIL OF DEATH.

Notice in the verse above where the words: appear the second time is taken out of context by the fallacious SECOND COMING doctrine in that the apostles were NOT conveying an almost 2000 years in the making SECOND COMING, but rather AN IMMINENT SECOND APPEARING from their imminent perspective after they were MARTYRD.

Well how do we know that?

Since Saint Paul was ready to be POURED OUT AS A DRINK OFFERING, meaning he was going to be martyrd, we see the context of the LORD's APPEARING.

2 Timothy 4:6-8
6 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Notice in the above versus before Saint Paul was ready to be martyrd, he would use the PRESENT TENSE PARTICIPLE in the IMMEDIATE VERB TO BE, by using the word apear-ING. By relating the LORD's APPEARING to him receiving the CROWN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS that is clearly conveyed in:

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Now couple that with te verse below and the Lord's APPEARING becomes very self evident that it is ONLY afte a sanctified faithful passes through the VEIL CALLED DEATH.

1 Peter 5:4
And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Finally to top it off we refer to the verse below to bring scripture completely in harmony according to the true context of the APPEARING OF THE LORD:

1 John 2:28
And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

And

1 John 3:2-3
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be:but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

VANILA SKY you must walk the PLANK called DEATH before you can even dream of being present with The Lord.

As far as the world that waits for the almost 2000 years in the making SECOND COMING, they to wil get their wish and the devil called lucifer will grant it for them.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 07:06:09 PM »

We haven't had any Protestant preachers in a while. Who wants to bet how long will this one last?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 07:06:20 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 07:09:48 PM »

Notice in the above versus before Saint Paul was ready to be martyrd, he would use the PRESENT TENSE PARTICIPLE in the IMMEDIATE VERB TO BE, by using the word apear-ING. By relating the LORD's APPEARING to him receiving the CROWN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS that is clearly conveyed in:

Paul spoke English. Fine.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Eastern Mind
Hi! I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs!
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Hopeful
Jurisdiction: Greece

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 07:10:39 PM »

Um.

Wait...

Wut?

"ALL THE GODS OF THE HINDUS ARE DEMONS HAHAHAHAHA!!"
Didyma

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of North America

St. Lawrence of Canterbury

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 07:11:09 PM »

Who is Vanilla Sky, and why does he or she warrant a pirate metaphor?

.- -. -.. / --. --- -.. / ... .... .- .-.. .-.. / .-- .. .--. . / .- .-- .- -.-- / .- .-.. .-.. / - . .- .-. ... / ..-. .-. --- -- / - .... . .. .-. / . -.-- . ...
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 07:14:36 PM »

You seem like an earnest fellow with good intentions, so I hope this won't cause offense.
When people are discussing theology, it is most often in order to clarify a certain subject. Now I read this and I am utterly confused. I'm not saying that what you are writing is right or wrong, I am saying that I simply can't follow your post. It lacks a red thread and I can barely see a visible conclusion. What exactly are you trying to tell us?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 07:16:29 PM by Ansgar » Logged

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Didyma

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 07:23:53 PM »

^ This.

.- -. -.. / --. --- -.. / ... .... .- .-.. .-.. / .-- .. .--. . / .- .-- .- -.-- / .- .-.. .-.. / - . .- .-. ... / ..-. .-. --- -- / - .... . .. .-. / . -.-- . ...
Serpentslayer

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 07:24:48 PM »

I have already been attacked by self proclaimed Christians who called me heretical and not a member of the body of Christ.

They are still around pushing their doctrines whilst calling members of the body of Christ heretics and not Christian. In the same spirit of the Roman Catholic Church who burnt alive and tortured the true Christians. These are all advocates of that by gone era and use creeds to perpetrate evil against the body of Christ. In the same zeal Saint Paul persecuted the 1st Century Apostolic Church these too have one mind and that is to undermine the messengers of God and to shut them up any way possible.

Them persecuting The Lord is evident by their rhetoric and their works because they are always seated in judgement of others who dare step outside their 1500 year of doctrines that were purposely built to perpetrate the Christian persecutions of the Middle Ages.

I replied to these savage pack of wolves that it is not their position nor place to say anything for that matter since they like me and you are rotten sinners justified by the blood of the lamb of God.

Let us see how the moderators will side on the complaint on how these Pharisees can call a Christian justified by the blood of the lamb of God a heretic and get away with spiritual murder.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 07:28:49 PM »

Where did someone call you a heretic?  What thread?

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 07:29:12 PM »

Martyr complex. It won't last long.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Serpentslayer

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 07:30:27 PM »

Now if any one wants to ask questions I am here to give an answer. If they want to throw insults then I will refer them to the first ladder rung of Christ's beatitudes that is:

Matthew 5:3
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

You must all recognise how spiritually impoverished you really are in order to even get on the first ladder rung of Christ's stair way to heaven.

Rather than insulting and belittling Christians who you dogmatically disagree with, I urge you to start your christian walk by stepping on the first sequential steps of eight on Christ's stair way to heaven.
Romaios
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 07:32:08 PM »

^ Before we commune with the REAL and TANGIBLE Body of Our Lord, we pray:

With love hast Thou drawn me, O Christ, and with Thy divine love hast Thou changed me. Burn away my sins with a spiritual fire and satisfy me with joy in Thee, that I may joyfully magnify Thy two comings, O Good One  (ἵνα τὰς δύο σκιρτῶν μεγαλύνω, Ἀγαθέ, παρουσίας σου).

How shall I, who am unworthy, enter into the radiance of Thy saints? If I dare to enter the bridal-chamber, my garment accuses me, for it is not a wedding garment, and the angels will bind me and cast me out. Cleanse, O Lord, the filth of my soul and save me, for Thou lovest mankind.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 07:47:21 PM by Romaios » Logged
Ansgar
Archon

Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 07:33:35 PM »

I have already been attacked by self proclaimed Christians who called me heretical and not a member of the body of Christ.

They are still around pushing their doctrines whilst calling members of the body of Christ heretics and not Christian. In the same spirit of the Roman Catholic Church who burnt alive and tortured the true Christians. These are all advocates of that by gone era and use creeds to perpetrate evil against the body of Christ. In the same zeal Saint Paul persecuted the 1st Century Apostolic Church these too have one mind and that is to undermine the messengers of God and to shut them up any way possible.

Them persecuting The Lord is evident by their rhetoric and their works because they are always seated in judgement of others who dare step outside their 1500 year of doctrines that were purposely built to perpetrate the Christian persecutions of the Middle Ages.

I replied to these savage pack of wolves that it is not their position nor place to say anything for that matter since they like me and you are rotten sinners justified by the blood of the lamb of God.

Let us see how the moderators will side on the complaint on how these Pharisees can call a Christian justified by the blood of the lamb of God a heretic and get away with spiritual murder.

See, this is much more understandable.

Before we discuss anything further, you do know we are not Roman Catholics, right?

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
DeniseDenise
Tiredness personified
Archon

Faith: Catechumen no more!
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 07:35:31 PM »

I read the most interesting book last night, and I can honestly say that it might be something of interest to you.

I found it very helpful in freeing my mind from the frameworks i had been taught about God, that were not always right, or needed.

http://www.amazon.com/Unlearning-God-preacher-questioned-spiritual/dp/0983810621

Please secure your own oxygen mask before assisting other passengers.
Serpentslayer

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 07:37:07 PM »

Yes but please let us discuss the written word and not politics, if that is all right with you. That is why I initially posted this under the forum NO POLITICS and it was moved to Religious Topics.

Can you find it in your heart as a Christian to at least discus scripture without resorting to politics.

Will you all do this for Christ sake?
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 07:39:01 PM »

Yes but please let us discuss the written word and not politics, if that is all right with you. That is why I initially posted this under the forum NO POLITICS and it was moved to Religious Topics.

Can you find it in your heart as a Christian to at least discus scripture without resorting to politics.

Who exactly are discussing politics?

-St Silouan the athonite
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 07:39:59 PM »

You posted in it wrong section (Non-Religious Topics), I moved it to the correct one. And no one is allowed to discuss Politics here.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Didyma

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 07:40:53 PM »

Yes, I seem to recall that on one of my threads.  I believe the exact wording was something like "you're not a member of the Church."  You may be relieved to know that this does not necessarily mean, in Orthodoxy, that one will not ultimately be in the Body of Christ.  Heresy is a bit more serious, but as I remember it was not applied to you personally, but to one of your statements.

You seem to be applying many common Protestant accusations of the Roman Catholic Church to the Orthodox Catholic Church.  This is incorrect, but a common problem.  It would be a good idea to stop using such accusations and learn a bit.

Also, I don't think comparing other members to a "savage pack of wolves" will give you much favor with the moderators.

LBK
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 07:43:34 PM »

Serpentslayer, you might not be aware of this, but Orthodox church services, the hymns and prayers that are read, chanted and sung, are absolutely stuffed with scripture, including the Beatitudes.

May I suggest you make the effort and attend an Orthodox church during a service, and listen to the hymns and prayers. You might learn something.
Serpentslayer

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 07:54:26 PM »

I read the most interesting book last night, and I can honestly say that it might be something of interest to you.

I found it very helpful in freeing my mind from the frameworks i had been taught about God, that were not always right, or needed.

http://www.amazon.com/Unlearning-God-preacher-questioned-spiritual/dp/0983810621

Your preconception about me is totally wrong and I don't read books. Have a look in all the Internet and books you've read thus far, do you see anywhere, the teachings I have freely in charity shared with you. These teaching are not from me but from God.

Are you trying to quench the Spirit of the hope that God has placed in me to share with others.

Now stop the politics and ask questions related to why you believe what you believe. Justify your position and you will understand that the rock that you stand on may not be as secure as you originally thought it was.

I know I was like you once dogmatically defending against everything and not knowing what I was defending for and to why I was defending it.

See once you have a true $100 bill you know that to defend against the counterfeit you must study the original true $100 bill inside and out to compare everything thing else to it.

So when you make Christ the truth and not your denomination you can determine the real Christian from the counterfeit.

Truth centres around Christ and Christ only and once you divert your attention to any denominational group and pledge allegiance to it you then are inducted into its cause and agendas and thereby cannot compare truth because your denomination or any denomination for that matter, does not have the 100% unadulterated truth.

To do so you would have to declare that your denomination is the only one and true denomination in the world. This is what the Catholics do in their heart. By doing this you then set yourselves up as the governing body of truth at the expense of Christ who is truth.

Cults like the Mormons and Jehovah's witnesses say they are the true faith and the true saints. Now how can you compare your denomination to their denomination if all you rely on for truth is from your denominational perspective. That is blatant arrogance wouldn't you say.

So even if I am in a denomination from birth I don't rely on that denomination for truth because scripture doesn't say your denominations leads you to all truth, for a denomination is a hospital for the spiritual sick that we all agreed we are when we accepted Christ in our hearts. The scripture says the Holy Spirit will lead you to all truth.

Who is the Holy Spirit?

It is the one to one Holy Spirit of Christ.
Serpentslayer

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 07:55:29 PM »

You posted in it wrong section (Non-Religious Topics), I moved it to the correct one. And no one is allowed to discuss Politics here.

Thank you kindly and God Bless
Serpentslayer

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 07:59:06 PM »

Yes, I seem to recall that on one of my threads.  I believe the exact wording was something like "you're not a member of the Church."  You may be relieved to know that this does not necessarily mean, in Orthodoxy, that one will not ultimately be in the Body of Christ.  Heresy is a bit more serious, but as I remember it was not applied to you personally, but to one of your statements.

You seem to be applying many common Protestant accusations of the Roman Catholic Church to the Orthodox Catholic Church.  This is incorrect, but a common problem.  It would be a good idea to stop using such accusations and learn a bit.

Also, I don't think comparing other members to a "savage pack of wolves" will give you much favor with the moderators.

How many bodies does Christ have?

Is it not one and is it not also tied to his blood.

You say it is tied to a denomination.

So in your heart what have you availed to the cross of Christ if it is solely tied to your earthly denomination?
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 08:00:56 PM »

Hey LOOK EVERYBODY! I'm putting things in CAPS and BOLD, so you can tell I'm making a REALLY GOOD POINT ABOUT SOMETHING...somewhere...and the first one to find it will surely be saved. So saith the Me...er, the Lord.

Serpentslayer

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 08:05:16 PM »

Yes, I seem to recall that on one of my threads.  I believe the exact wording was something like "you're not a member of the Church."  You may be relieved to know that this does not necessarily mean, in Orthodoxy, that one will not ultimately be in the Body of Christ.  Heresy is a bit more serious, but as I remember it was not applied to you personally, but to one of your statements.

You seem to be applying many common Protestant accusations of the Roman Catholic Church to the Orthodox Catholic Church.  This is incorrect, but a common problem.  It would be a good idea to stop using such accusations and learn a bit.

Anyone that corners a cat in the corner and wants to strike it will get scratched back in defence. I speak in defence and not as an attacker.

There is a huge difference and if you can't discern this then you are lost because truth is not in you as a witness. You have testified falsely against a brother in Christ.

Shame on you!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:06:08 PM by Serpentslayer » Logged
DeniseDenise
Tiredness personified
Archon

Faith: Catechumen no more!

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 08:07:31 PM »

Hey LOOK EVERYBODY! I'm putting things in CAPS and BOLD, so you can tell I'm making a REALLY GOOD POINT ABOUT SOMETHING...somewhere...and the first one to find it will surely be saved. So saith the Me...er, the Lord.

oh...now don't start that....hard enough to follow the thread without being confused about who is who based on the Bolding...

Please secure your own oxygen mask before assisting other passengers.
Serpentslayer

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2013, 08:08:58 PM »

Leave your questions related to the topic and God willing I will do my best to give an answer.

Any politics not related to the topic will be ignored.

For now I must go and come again God willing to answer any questions you leave me.

You can PM me and I will be glad to answer any doctrine that concerns your heart.

God bless those who sacrifice their lives for Christ and Christ only!
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2013, 08:11:55 PM »

This makes me miss the "I've solved the problem of suffering/Premarital sex is not a sin" guy. His threads were at least funny in their arrogant zeal and ineptitude. This is just confusing and weird.

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2013, 08:16:49 PM »

Where did someone call you a heretic?  What thread?
Based on interaction I've had with this poster, I would guess he's talking about this thread:

Annihilationism and disbelief in immaterial souls

Whereas the insinuation is made that Serpentslayer is teaching heresy, no one on the thread in question has ever called him a heretic.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2013, 08:18:32 PM »

It can't be Alfred either. Hmmm.  Huh

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2013, 08:23:21 PM »

It can't be Alfred either. Hmmm.  Huh

No, it's Serpentslayer. Not everyone who preaches weird ideas and prooftexts the Scriptures to back up his doctrines as Alfred did is Alfred. Each person deserves to be related to as his own person without being connected automatically to someone else.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:26:02 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Didyma

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2013, 08:43:41 PM »

How many bodies does Christ have?

Is it not one and is it not also tied to his blood.

You say it is tied to a denomination.

So in your heart what have you availed to the cross of Christ if it is solely tied to your earthly denomination?

Anyone that corners a cat in the corner and wants to strike it will get scratched back in defence. I speak in defence and not as an attacker.

There is a huge difference and if you can't discern this then you are lost because truth is not in you as a witness. You have testified falsely against a brother in Christ.

Shame on you!

I recognize that you are acting in defense, but given that you are confused about what people meant and said, I was seeking to calm you down.  You are very eager to jump to wildly negative conclusions, so I will stop responding to you.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2013, 08:49:37 PM »

Your preconception about me is totally wrong and I don't read books. Have a look in all the Internet and books you've read thus far, do you see anywhere, the teachings I have freely in charity shared with you. These teaching are not from me but from God.

Are you trying to quench the Spirit of the hope that God has placed in me to share with others.

Now stop the politics and ask questions related to why you believe what you believe. Justify your position and you will understand that the rock that you stand on may not be as secure as you originally thought it was.

I know I was like you once dogmatically defending against everything and not knowing what I was defending for and to why I was defending it.

See once you have a true $100 bill you know that to defend against the counterfeit you must study the original true $100 bill inside and out to compare everything thing else to it.

So when you make Christ the truth and not your denomination you can determine the real Christian from the counterfeit.

Truth centres around Christ and Christ only and once you divert your attention to any denominational group and pledge allegiance to it you then are inducted into its cause and agendas and thereby cannot compare truth because your denomination or any denomination for that matter, does not have the 100% unadulterated truth.

To do so you would have to declare that your denomination is the only one and true denomination in the world. This is what the Catholics do in their heart. By doing this you then set yourselves up as the governing body of truth at the expense of Christ who is truth.

Cults like the Mormons and Jehovah's witnesses say they are the true faith and the true saints. Now how can you compare your denomination to their denomination if all you rely on for truth is from your denominational perspective. That is blatant arrogance wouldn't you say.

So even if I am in a denomination from birth I don't rely on that denomination for truth because scripture doesn't say your denominations leads you to all truth, for a denomination is a hospital for the spiritual sick that we all agreed we are when we accepted Christ in our hearts. The scripture says the Holy Spirit will lead you to all truth.

Who is the Holy Spirit?

It is the one to one Holy Spirit of Christ.

It seems like you don't read Scripture either as much as randomly opening the Bible, pointing at verses, and saying, "Yes, this will do!"

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2013, 08:54:42 PM »

Okay, Serpentslayer. Are you an ordained minister and do you preach at a church?

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2013, 08:55:01 PM »

Serpentslayer, the thing you need to recognize is that every once in a while, a new poster comes to this forum to preach a strange set of doctrines that appear only to have come from the mind of the poster. Such poster thinks that we're headed to eternal damnation for not believing as he does and therefore thinks it his mission to enlighten us. You're not the first, and you most certainly will not be the last.

You need to understand that the Orthodox Church has faced such attacks on her doctrines for almost the entire 2000 years of her existence. We have largely formulated our body of teachings in response to these many attacks and have a very good understanding of what we believe and teach. For you, then, to come to this forum as the latest "great enlightener", hoping to convert us away from our long-held beliefs and doctrines, and without taking the time to understand that we are in fact NOT Roman Catholics, is really quite insulting. Maybe, then, you should take the time to learn about us, what we really believe, and then when you come to this forum, seek to engage us on what we really believe rather than on these straw men you seem to have built for yourself. Maybe you should also realize that we're not going to look kindly on any teaching that seeks to draw us away from our Faith and that we're going to call that contrary teaching what it is to us: a heresy. Finally, you need to realize that there's a big difference between calling your teaching a heresy and calling you a heretic; the former is a much warranted criticism of your teachings, while the latter is a forbidden attack on your person.

(For being so blasted defensive whenever anyone calls your teachings heretical because you preach a Gospel different from what we have received, you seem to think it perfectly all right for you to condemn to hell those of us who do not agree with the Gospel you think you have received. How is what you're doing to us any different from what you claim is being done to you?)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:01:39 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Serpentslayer

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2013, 03:45:12 AM »

Serpentslayer, the thing you need to recognize is that every once in a while, a new poster comes to this forum to preach a strange set of doctrines that appear only to have come from the mind of the poster. Such poster thinks that we're headed to eternal damnation for not believing as he does and therefore thinks it his mission to enlighten us. You're not the first, and you most certainly will not be the last.

Your preconception about me is totally unfounded. You say these strange (TO YOU) doctrines I preach come from my mind. Off course they do and who inspired my mind? It certainly is not you. Prove from scripture that they are strange to what is written in the Holy Bible rather than making judgement calls in this manner, without warrant nor evidence. You see you even labelled me falsely by saying if people don't listen to what I have testified then they will go to hell. This is a blatant misrepresentation of me coming from a moderator who is supposed to look at evidence and decide objectively rather than subjectively. In this case you have put words in my mouth that I have never uttered nor implied.

Tell me where I have stated this:

Such poster thinks that we're headed to eternal damnation for not believing as he does

Well, where did I say or imply that, come on we're waiting for the evidence, where is the evidence.

You see you are guilty for misrepresenting me aren't you. Now as a true lover of Christ, I forgive you for this, but you need to repent of your transgressions against me before God.

You also stated the following:

You need to understand that the Orthodox Church has faced such attacks on her doctrines for almost the entire 2000 years of her existence. We have largely formulated our body of teachings in response to these many attacks and have a very good understanding of what we believe and teach. For you, then, to come to this forum as the latest "great enlightener", hoping to convert us away from our long-held beliefs and doctrines, and without taking the time to understand that we are in fact NOT Roman Catholics, is really quite insulting. Maybe, then, you should take the time to learn about us, what we really believe, and then when you come to this forum, seek to engage us on what we really believe rather than on these straw men you seem to have built for yourself. Maybe you should also realize that we're not going to look kindly on any teaching that seeks to draw us away from our Faith and that we're going to call that contrary teaching what it is to us: a heresy. Finally, you need to realize that there's a big difference between calling your teaching a heresy and calling you a heretic; the former is a much warranted criticism of your teachings, while the latter is a forbidden attack on your person.

You have already condemned me by putting me as an enemy to the Orthodox Church because I have taught doctrine that is challenging to your elite, who can't handle the truth of scripture, so you resort to name calling, like a child who has their candy taken from them by again lawlessly calling me a heretic (where is Agape). Did you know that you or any body of Christ is not in a position to declare any Christian who is justified by the blood of the lamb of God a heretic and do you know why?

Matthew 5:22
But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

If you only understood the repercussion of name calling a Christian you hardly know, as a heretic you have already condemned yourself by these utterances.

I didn't say you are Catholics and by saying that I have directly called an Orthodox Christian a Catholic is nonsense and is a complete misrepresentation of what I had said. If I said these teachings are according to Catholic doctrine, what does that mean? You see, it is only a presumption by you, actually labelling yourselves on par with Catholics. It is your double standard fallacy that prevents you from seeing your own state of insecure trepidations. I really feel for you and others, because your reaction reveals to me your state of insecurity and you have raised a brick walk like the Berlin Wall and what was the outcome of the Berlin Wall?

Did Christ say that his church will be like a Berlin Wall in the form of a heavily defended fortified fenced city

1 Thessalonians 5:18-22
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 19 Quench not the Spirit. 20 Despise not prophesyings. 21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Your defending against who? Are we our own or does God give us our heavenly bread to understand, interpret and preach to the body of Christ for good doctrine?

On Orthodox forum there is every worldly rubbish being posted there and you have focused on me as a threat to your empire building?

I take it as a compliment with gratitude that you consider me to be challenging to your elite who are hiding their faces shame right now. All I have seen here is raising up of walls that are only good for one thing.

God will bring down the wall friend, mark my words for it is written:

Shaking up is coming friends whether you like it or not for it is the Lord's doing and it is wonderful thing to happen for the thorn amongst the wheat must be separated as we near the end of the harvest:

Zechariah 14:2-3
For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle;
and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished;
and half of the city shall go forth into captivity,
and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations,
as when he fought in the day of battle.

The half that don't go into captivity are the wheat who must be separated from the thorns within the confines of this heavily fortified city, Jerusalem (Apostolic Church the seven hilled city).

Then you purposely misguide others by stating the most blatant lie ever:

(For being so blasted defensive whenever anyone calls your teachings heretical because you preach a Gospel different from what we have received, you seem to think it perfectly all right for you to condemn to hell those of us who do not agree with the Gospel you think you have received. How is what you're doing to us any different from what you claim is being done to you?)

This is a double standard fallacy resulting in a blatant lie. I can say that can't I, because it is what it is, a lie:

The first fallacy you committed yourself to without evidence nor warrant was by putting words in my mouth to start of with, words that I had never said nor implied. Your false witness testimony was perpetrated against me, in order to commit your first fallacious premise:

Such poster thinks that we're headed to eternal damnation for not believing as he does

Then you moved to your already purpose built ploy to justify and vindicate all those who have attacked me, by yet perpetrating against me such a cowardly act by using this following totally falsified and unfound conclusion:

For being so blasted defensive whenever anyone calls your teachings heretical because you preach a Gospel different from what we have received, you seem to think it perfectly all right for you to condemn to hell

May The Lord have mercy on your soul, how can you sleep at night when you lie so much.

How do you expect to be ruling what constitutes the truth, when you have put on display this act of treasonous act against a brother in Christ. Your doing more damage to the Orthodox Faith than you know it by manifesting these wicked fleshly actions.

None the less my Lord as my witness I forgive thee 77 times 77.

You have been lambasted and rebuked by a saint your hear, because it is God who speaks through me.
LBK
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2013, 03:49:35 AM »

*BUMP*

Serpentslayer, you might not be aware of this, but Orthodox church services, the hymns and prayers that are read, chanted and sung, are absolutely stuffed with scripture, including the Beatitudes.

May I suggest you make the effort and attend an Orthodox church during a service, and listen to the hymns and prayers. You might learn something.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 03:49:53 AM by LBK » Logged
Serpentslayer

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2013, 03:52:58 AM »

This is free for all and my post was moved to here by a moderator.
LBK
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2013, 03:54:44 AM »

*BUMP*

username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2013, 04:18:51 AM »

serpentslayer, in 50 words or less can you sum up what your point is in this thread?

Serpentslayer

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2013, 04:24:31 AM »

I do attend the Orthodox Church and I love it and I am supporting it.

You can't see it right now.

I will defend the Apostolic Church of Christ to the death, I was born for this. You have your role and I have mine.

I am planting the seed and allowing God to water and to make it grow.

There is coming a time when Satan manifests, and all the people in the world will worship him as the earthly messiah.

I am a SEER friend and even though you are not prepared to accept that right know, my job laid before me is to defend the bride and to prepare it for the world wide Calvary that satan as the earthly messiah will perpetrate. The beast of the bottomless Pitt (black dragon) is coming and the bride needs to be prepared to reject the deception from his false prophet who is ruling the head of the Catholic Church right now.

The ecclesiastical authority is not prepared friend they are being lured to accept satan as the earthly messiah.

Everything is in play.

The first beast head wound is healed in 1948: calling itself earthly Israel.

The second beast who gives life to the image of the beast who is lamb like but speaks like a dragon is the Christian zionists who are bringing the whole world on the brink of war.

All that is left is the seventh king to manifest as the incarnated eighth king to rule from this first beast earthly Jerusalem. Remember there were six kings that John noted who were in line to the HARODEAN dynasty and the sixth was still alive when John witnessed the destruction of the beast that was (before 70AD) and is not (70AD) and will yet be again (1948). The sixth king that went into exile was king Agrippa II and the seventh who will come is also said to be the eighth. Number eight is a symbol of resurrection and therefore this seventh king will be satan in the flesh.

This is why the second coming doctrine is setting up the world for the coming of satan.

People must remember that any coming of Christ to earth bypasses the blood atonement which is the daily sacrifice mentioned in Daniel 12:11, that will be taken out of the way when satan emerges as the earthly messiah. The second coming also bypasses the Holy Spirit because any manifested earthly Christ will bypass both the blood atonement and the sanctifier who is God the Holy Spirit.

I am the SEER who will prepare the bride to make a final stand against satan, for the bride to be martyred in the final march towards world wide Calvary. There will be a small number of saints who will stay on the sinking ship as shown to me in a vision. This world will be a condemned and destroyed planet resembling an open grave because of the unburied corpses. These saints will live during the days of great battle of God almighty when he reigns terror upon the inhabitants of earth that martyred Christ's bride and this is also called the days of slaughter where God will make a quick riddance of beast and man.

Joel 2:1-12 are the mighty men of war who will stick it out to the death to fight the last battle before the brilliant light of The Lord comes to erase the earthly realm for ever and bring with him the heavenly realm New Jerusalem with all the resurrected saints from when he opened the tombs right up to these set translated saints. Those that were martyred by satan will also be that angelic white cloud that accompanies Christ to meet the Ancient of Days depicted as the battle bow of the end day saints:

Zechariah 10:4
From Judah will come the cornerstone, from him the tent peg, from him the battle bow, from him every ruler.

The brilliant light of The Lord comes when the captain Elijah cries out "LET THERE BE LIGHT"

Place this seed in your hearts and prepare to meet the enemy of God and of your souls, the mother of all living idols Satan incarnate, as the abomination that maketh desolate, the beast of the bottomless Pitt, Apollyon.

As a watchmen I have warned you and when you see these things, you shall know that what i have testified is the word of The Lord.

The power of God is present, yet man has always with his disbelief regarded God's power past and future but never present.

May The Lord have mercy on your souls for you will know when the appointed time comes.

I saw a vision that the word will come to all the priests wearing black apparel, which the Orthodox Church priests wear in the final relay for martyrdom.

Joel 2:17
Let the priests, who minister before the LORD, weep between the temple porch and the altar. Let them say, "Spare your people, O LORD. Do not make your inheritance an object of scorn, a byword among the nations. Why should they say among the peoples, 'Where is their God?' "

LBK
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2013, 04:30:05 AM »

I do attend the Orthodox Church

Impossible. Or you wouldn't be posting what you have posted, on this or other threads.

You can't see it right now.

So the Apostles, taught by Christ and the Holy Spirit, were invisible? O-kayyyy ....
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:41:05 AM by LBK » Logged
username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2013, 04:39:54 AM »

Israel is a secular state that will be all. 

username!
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2013, 04:41:01 AM »

What can't we see right now?

Serpentslayer

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2013, 05:04:27 AM »

To protect the Christian.  The deception is too cruel. The burden is upon the messenger who has received the message to pass on.

One the seed is planted that the only way to see and be in the presence of Christ is in the power of the resurrection when a sanctified by God believer's earthly house is dissolved.

Any manifestations of Messiah in the natural earthly time based realm, is the imposter, the king of this world Satan.

waiting for Christ's second coming is a foolish man's erand when the faithful should understand that unless one passes through the veil called death, then they can't come in the presence of Christ .

Jesus said that the world will never see him.  Jesus warned that any manifestation of Messiah on earth whether in the desert in Israel or in secret chambers is not him.  

The final coming off Christ is the end of the great harvest and end of the time based realm as we know it.

Most Americans are set up for the fall of receiving a worldly Christ.  

I am an orthodox Christian.  Would I lie.  Do you think I am comfortable having this Good given knowledge as a loner.  How comfortable would it feel to know something that others don't know.

Many still think to see Christ coming to earth or in the air within the earthly realm.  Search all of the Internet, books and all denominations, did you hear this from many or from one.

Is it not strange that you have herd it from one out of the 8 billion people living on earth.  Did I learn this doctrine from my orthodox church or any other source, No!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:06:07 AM by Serpentslayer » Logged
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2013, 05:19:48 AM »

Your preconception about me is totally unfounded. You say these strange (TO YOU) doctrines I preach come from my mind. Off course they do and who inspired my mind? It certainly is not you. Prove from scripture that they are strange to what is written in the Holy Bible rather than making judgement calls in this manner, without warrant nor evidence.
A number of people here have pointed out how your teachings are not consistent with either the Scriptures or the Orthodox Faith. I see no reason to add to what they've already said.

You see you even labelled me falsely by saying if people don't listen to what I have testified then they will go to hell.
You have accused those who voice their disagreement with you of engaging in spiritual assassination. You have called them spiritual murderers, a pack of ravenous wolves and hyenas. How is that any different?

This is a blatant misrepresentation of me coming from a moderator who is supposed to look at evidence and decide objectively rather than subjectively.
What I said to you was actually the most civil, respectful, objective, and thoroughly thought out thing I've said to anyone on this forum in a long time.

In this case you have put words in my mouth that I have never uttered nor implied.
No, just replying to what you've said.

Tell me where I have stated this:

Well, where did I say or imply that, come on we're waiting for the evidence, where is the evidence.
Someone voiced their disagreement with you by stating what any Orthodox would say when arguing against a teaching that contradicts what the [Orthodox] Church teaches--they called your teaching a heresy. You then called him a spiritual murderer and in your next post compared us to a pack of wolves, a bunch of hyenas.

No, I believe I'm actually representing your style quite faithfully. You cannot handle criticism of your doctrines and explode with extreme hostility when you are confronted.

Now as a true lover of Christ, I forgive you for this, but you need to repent of your transgressions against me before God.
For calling a spade a spade? If I were not completely honest with you, I would need to repent of my transgression against you.

You also stated the following:

You have already condemned me
No. I've only spoken my understanding that what you are teaching is heresy because it contradicts the Gospel we have received. I've never attacked you personally. If you cannot separate criticism of your teachings from attacks on your person, such that you have to identify the former with the latter and become hostile whenever someone corrects you and tells you you're teaching heresy, then the problem is yours, not mine.

by putting me as an enemy to the Orthodox Church because I have taught doctrine that is challenging to your elite, who can't handle the truth of scripture, so you resort to name calling, like a child who has their candy taken from them by again lawlessly calling me a heretic (where is Agape).
Again, nobody has called you a heretic on this forum, nor has anyone called you any other names.

Did you know that you or any body of Christ is not in a position to declare any Christian who is justified by the blood of the lamb of God a heretic and do you know why?
If what you teach is contrary to Scripture and the Faith of the Church, then we who know the Truth have the God-given responsibility to call your teaching a heresy. Again, pointing out that what you teach is heresy is not the same thing as calling you a heretic. If anything, we have offered you correction in the hope that you will recognize the errors in your doctrines, repent, and embrace the truth that will set you free. We are not trying to condemn you.

Matthew 5:22
But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.
Who is angry here? It seems to me that the only person showing any hostility here is you. It seems to me that you are the only one engaging in any name calling here.

If you only understood the repercussion of name calling a Christian you hardly know, as a heretic you have already condemned yourself by these utterances.

I didn't say you are Catholics and by saying that I have directly called an Orthodox Christian a Catholic is nonsense and is a complete misrepresentation of what I had said. If I said these teachings are according to Catholic doctrine, what does that mean? You see, it is only a presumption by you, actually labelling yourselves on par with Catholics. It is your double standard fallacy that prevents you from seeing your own state of insecure trepidations. I really feel for you and others, because your reaction reveals to me your state of insecurity and you have raised a brick walk like the Berlin Wall and what was the outcome of the Berlin Wall?
Who's showing hostility here, Serpentslayer? I'm actually trying to be quite reasonable with you.

Did Christ say that his church will be like a Berlin Wall in the form of a heavily defended fortified fenced city

1 Thessalonians 5:18-22
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 19 Quench not the Spirit. 20 Despise not prophesyings. 21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Your defending against who? Are we our own or does God give us our heavenly bread to understand, interpret and preach to the body of Christ for good doctrine?

On Orthodox forum there is every worldly rubbish being posted there and you have focused on me as a threat to your empire building?
If only that were so. I really don't see you as a threat to anything. I'm just astounded at the level of hostility you've shown on this forum and feel I need to confront it.

I take it as a compliment with gratitude that you consider me to be challenging to your elite who are hiding their faces shame right now.
Who's putting words into one's mouth now? Who's misrepresenting whom now?

All I have seen here is raising up of walls that are only good for one thing.

God will bring down the wall friend, mark my words for it is written:

Shaking up is coming friends whether you like it or not for it is the Lord's doing and it is wonderful thing to happen for the thorn amongst the wheat must be separated as we near the end of the harvest:

Zechariah 14:2-3
For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle;
and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished;
and half of the city shall go forth into captivity,
and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations,
as when he fought in the day of battle.

The half that don't go into captivity are the wheat who must be separated from the thorns within the confines of this heavily fortified city, Jerusalem (Apostolic Church the seven hilled city).

Then you purposely misguide others by stating the most blatant lie ever:
People here know me well enough to take what I say with a grain of salt, because I take everything they say with a grain of salt. I don't think anyone on this forum is going to be gullible enough to let themselves be misguided by anything I say.

This is a double standard fallacy resulting in a blatant lie. I can say that can't I, because it is what it is, a lie:
In the explicit claim that you are are right lies the implicit claim that we are wrong, for you and we cannot both be right. If we are wrong, if what we preach is a Gospel other than that which the Apostles preached and which St. Paul received, then by St. Paul's own words we are accursed.

The first fallacy you committed yourself to without evidence nor warrant was by putting words in my mouth to start of with, words that I had never said nor implied. Your false witness testimony was perpetrated against me, in order to commit your first fallacious premise:

Then you moved to your already purpose built ploy to justify and vindicate all those who have attacked me, by yet perpetrating against me such a cowardly act by using this following totally falsified and unfound conclusion:

For being so blasted defensive whenever anyone calls your teachings heretical because you preach a Gospel different from what we have received, you seem to think it perfectly all right for you to condemn to hell

May The Lord have mercy on your soul, how can you sleep at night when you lie so much.
Because I'm being totally honest with you. If you want to prove that I am lying, it's going to take a lot more than just you showing how what I've said is incorrect. You will need to go one step further and prove that I intentionally stated something incorrect, knowing full well that I was stating an untruth. Knowing that you cannot read my mind, how can you prove, without putting words into my mouth or motives into my head, that I'm intentionally stating untruths?

How do you expect to be ruling what constitutes the truth, when you have put on display this act of treasonous act against a brother in Christ.
One does not make himself a Christian merely by stating that he is a Christian, for a Christian is a follower of Christ. Are you really following Christ, or are you following a Christ of your own creation, a false Christ?

Your doing more damage to the Orthodox Faith than you know it by manifesting these wicked fleshly actions.

None the less my Lord as my witness I forgive thee 77 times 77.

You have been lambasted and rebuked by a saint your hear, because it is God who speaks through me.
By your fruits you will be known. So far I've seen from you only the fruit of hostility. You do realize that, according to St. Paul (see Chapter 13 of 1 Corinthians), love is not easily offended? You do realize that, according to the same St. Paul, the fruit of the Spirit includes joy, peace, and patience? (Galatians 5:22) How are you showing that fruit on this forum?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:22:54 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Tags: Blasphemy Gnosticism 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: