OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 09:18:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: does the green dot of warning ever go away ?  (Read 2687 times) Average Rating: 0
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2013, 10:25:09 AM »

Speaking of, I remember getting a PM from a mod when I was moderated, telling me why/what happened.
That's a PM generated automatically by the forum's warning manager and sent as if from the warning moderator's PM outbox. I think you actually have to follow the link to the post that drew the warning to see why you got it.
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2013, 11:33:30 AM »

Speaking of, I remember getting a PM from a mod when I was moderated, telling me why/what happened.
That's a PM generated automatically by the forum's warning manager and sent as if from the warning moderator's PM outbox. I think you actually have to follow the link to the post that drew the warning to see why you got it.

And a fat lot of good that is when you do that and repeatedly get an 'Error' message 'cos the link is off limits to you and when you query this you get the same 'off limits' link again.

Now I've simply lost interest and a lot of respect for the moderation process on OC.net, very sadly.
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2013, 11:39:45 AM »

And a fat lot of good that is when you do that and repeatedly get an 'Error' message 'cos the link is off limits to you and when you query this you get the same 'off limits' link again.

Now I've simply lost interest and a lot of respect for the moderation process on OC.net, very sadly.
BUWHAHAHAHA!!!

You have very high expectations of internet forum moderators apparently.  If you don't know why you got warned, just PM a mod.  It isn't hard and it is pretty much the rule on every web forum known to mankind.

As a side note, complaining about the moderation process is also a good way to end up getting other color dots next to your name.  This is my friendly assistance to you so when you get a yellow dot, you will know in advance why you got it.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2013, 12:00:11 PM »

BUWHAHAHAHA!!!

You have very high expectations of internet forum moderators apparently.  If you don't know why you got warned, just PM a mod.  It isn't hard and it is pretty much the rule on every web forum known to mankind.

As a side note, complaining about the moderation process is also a good way to end up getting other color dots next to your name.  This is my friendly assistance to you so when you get a yellow dot, you will know in advance why you got it.

Bless you for kindness. I already tried that and got nowhere. I don't want to go further. But thank you again.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2013, 01:20:22 PM »

?

Ask for permission to the private boards. The thread may have been moved. I'll look at what post you got warned on to see.

Otherwise all the times I've had a dot I always know what it was for based on the PM.

Don't know how you lost respect...

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2013, 01:20:22 PM »

OK I found your warned post its in Politics.

The thread was moved there so if you don't have access, that is why.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2013, 03:26:33 PM »

Thanks to the kindness of serb1389 I am now au fait with what was what re: this.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2013, 03:34:24 PM »

Instead of whining publicly you could send him a PM.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2013, 04:38:58 PM »

I did again and again getting nowhere for some time, and have sent one thanking him when I finally found out what was what. You on the other hand might find out one (1) the facts before commenting, and (2) usefully learn to express yourself less rudely. I have been polite to you so far but your approach invites something stronger than I have chosen here. But from now on you'll get as good as you give out!
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2013, 08:57:08 PM »

I did again and again getting nowhere for some time, and have sent one thanking him when I finally found out what was what. You on the other hand might find out one (1) the facts before commenting, and (2) usefully learn to express yourself less rudely. I have been polite to you so far but your approach invites something stronger than I have chosen here. But from now on you'll get as good as you give out!

Just make sure you brush up on the rules on trolling  Wink Grin

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Tags: Chuck Norris 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: