OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 21, 2014, 04:28:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The deeds of the Devil vs the Deeds of God  (Read 409 times) Average Rating: 0
lovetzatziki
Moderated
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox

« on: September 08, 2013, 12:36:35 PM »

How can we know the deeds of the devil from the deeds of God. The work of the Devil from the work of God. How do we discern if something that happens in our lives is from God or from the Devil. When we suffer how do we know if the suffering is from God meant to make us right with God or from the devil, a delusion? What I mean is I often have the impression that I am suffering all sort of afflictions and injustices, unjustly. What is the purpose of that suffering of mine? How can I know where it comes from? I don't have an valid answer as to why I am suffering what I am other than suffering unjustly. Also how can we know is our joy is from God or from the devil?
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 01:10:17 PM »

How can we know the deeds of the devil from the deeds of God. The work of the Devil from the work of God. How do we discern if something that happens in our lives is from God or from the Devil. When we suffer how do we know if the suffering is from God meant to make us right with God or from the devil, a delusion? What I mean is I often have the impression that I am suffering all sort of afflictions and injustices, unjustly. What is the purpose of that suffering of mine? How can I know where it comes from? I don't have an valid answer as to why I am suffering what I am other than suffering unjustly. Also how can we know is our joy is from God or from the devil?

Your questions are as old as scripture.  Seriously, study Job. You'll find God's answer there. Lord, have mercy.
Nicene
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 03:12:01 PM »

Is there no room for the natural? Not every action can be considered of the devil because his will not omnipresent, some things are just natural challanges which we still have to persevere through.

And I also reccomend reading the book of Job.

Thank you.
lovetzatziki
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 02:19:20 AM »

Your questions are as old as scripture.  Seriously, study Job. You'll find God's answer there. Lord, have mercy.

That answer being?

LBK
Moderated
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 02:22:23 AM »

That answer being?

Have you studied the book of Job as others have recommended?
lovetzatziki
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 02:27:11 AM »

That answer being?

Yes. I know the whole bible, and I can't say it is not an offensive read. I read the book of Job multiple times.

LBK
Moderated
Merarches

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 02:28:32 AM »

That answer being?

Yes. I know the whole bible, and I can't say it is not an offensive read. I read the book of Job multiple times.

So, if you're familiar with the book of Job, what can you find in it which answers your question?
lovetzatziki
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 02:31:27 AM »

That answer being?

So, if you're familiar with the book of Job, what can you find in it which answers your question?

Nothing. You guys are really "extraordinary". If I would already know the answer I wouldn't come asking about it in here.
LBK
Moderated
Merarches

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 02:35:24 AM »

That answer being?

Nothing. You guys are really "extraordinary". If I would already know the answer I wouldn't come asking about it in here.

It sounds like you're asking us to do your homework for you.  Huh
lovetzatziki
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 02:38:03 AM »

Your questions are as old as scripture.  Seriously, study Job. You'll find God's answer there. Lord, have mercy.

That answer being?

It sounds like you're asking us to do your homework for you.  Huh

profane ad hominem removed I thought this was a forum. This problem is real in my life, I am in a very low condition and I can't explain why. profane ad hominem removed I am a human being not a nick on a screen.

Profanity-laced ad hominems removed from post by moderator  -PtA

Such profanity and personal attacks are not tolerated on this forum. Please take the time to learn how to manage your anger so you can relate to the other posters on this forum in a more civil manner. To facilitate this work of self-examination, you are now on Warned status for the next two weeks. Further fits of such rage as this will be met with harsher discipline, to include post moderation, muting, or banning.

If you feel this action is wrong, please appeal it to me via private message.

- PeterTheAleut
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:45:03 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
LBK
Moderated
Merarches

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 02:39:57 AM »

Your questions are as old as scripture.  Seriously, study Job. You'll find God's answer there. Lord, have mercy.

That answer being?

It sounds like you're asking us to do your homework for you.  Huh

profane ad hominem removed I thought this was a forum. This problem is real in my life, I am in a very low condition and I can't explain why. profane ad hominem removed I am a human being not a nick on a screen.

So have you spoken to your priest about your problem?

Profanities and personal insults removed from quote box.  -PtA
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:46:11 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
lovetzatziki
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 03:47:47 PM »

Is there a way to discern between the deeds of the devil and the deeds of God? Esspecially in regards to faith(what to believe) and doubt(what to doubt) and emotions (joy, sadness)? Is there a joy from the devil? Is there a sadness from God?
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: