OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 08:19:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Paul's usage of "Energy" in the Scripture  (Read 200 times) Average Rating: 0
xOrthodox4Christx
Warned
Archon

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« on: September 06, 2013, 07:10:27 PM »

I have heard it many times being said that St. Paul talks about "energy" many times in the Holy Scriptures.

Can someone quote me some specific verses where St. Paul used the Greek word "energia" to refer to "energy"?

"When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
Laird
Not yet able to attend an Orthodox Church

Faith: Inquirer (Catechumen soon hopefully)
Jurisdiction: Baptist

Lord, have mercy on me

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 11:23:57 AM »

I have heard it many times being said that St. Paul talks about "energy" many times in the Holy Scriptures.

Can someone quote me some specific verses where St. Paul used the Greek word "energia" to refer to "energy"?

"For this I toil, struggling with all his energy (Gr energeia) that he powerfully works within me."
- Colossians 1:29 ESV
Tags: St. Paul  Holy Scriptures  Holy Bible 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: