OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 20, 2014, 07:15:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 73rd Dukhrono of H.H. Ignatius Elias Started With Flag Hosting  (Read 10304 times) Average Rating: 0
Thomas Daniel (Reji)
Chevalier
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Malankara Archdiocese of Syriac Orthodox Church

Proud to say belongs to Syriac Orthodox Church

« on: February 07, 2005, 03:09:54 PM »

The 73rd Dukhrono (Remembrance Day) of the late Patriarch H.H. Ignatius Elias III, who is entombed at Manjikkara near Pathanamthitta, Kerala, India, started with the hoisting of Patriarchal flag on Sunday, 6th February, 2005.

The Metropolitan of Simhasana (Patriarchal) Churches H.G. Kuriakose Mor Julius hoisted the flag, at Omalloor Kurishumthotti (Coupola), which was brought there after offering prayers at the tomb of Elias III Bava.

All Jacobite Churches in Malankara hoisted the Patriarchal flags in their respective churches, showing respect and allegiance to the Holy Throne of Antioch.

The evening prayer and flag hoisting at Omalloor Kurishumthotti (Coupola) was attended by Metropolitan Geevarghese Mor Divanasios, V. Rev. Mathews Ramban and Anthrayos Ramban, V. Rev. E. K. Mathews Corepiscopo Elavinamannil, scores of priests, deacons and laities.

Major programmes of the Perunal (Feast) will be on 10th, 11th & 12th of February. The Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy will be the Chief Guest in the public meeting on 10th. The Pilgrims meet will be on 11th and on 12th morning Holy Qurbono and Rassa (Procession) will be held.

The Catholicos H.B. Baselious Thomas I and all Metropolitans of Jacobite Church will be attending and leading the Perunal programmes.

Oh.. Morth Mariam Yoldath Aloho (Mother Of God)Pray For Us
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 03:12:51 PM »

May his memeory be eternal.

My sins run out behind me and I do not see them, but today I am coming to judge the errors of another.
Tags: Syriac Orthodox 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: