OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 08:56:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parish management software  (Read 344 times) Average Rating: 0
Isaac14

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: September 02, 2013, 05:03:44 PM »

Hi Folks! I'm curious to hear how your parishes keep track of membership and communicate with members. For sake of context, the mission parish I attend is pretty low tech. One person keeps a Word document with names and addresses, another keeps an email list (so if there is a message to email the parish, one would email it to him & he'd forward to the parish), and another tracks our finances in a spreadsheet.

As we've grown this is, in my opinion, starting to get cumbersome. Rather than reinvent the wheel, I'd like to know how other parishes handle keeping track of membership roles, communication within the parish, accounting, etc. Do you use custom software, online services, a parish listserv, Facebook, and/or a variety of different approaches? One cloud-based service I came across is http://www.iconcmo.com. Has anyone used such a service (this or similar)?

Many thanks for your thoughts!

-Isaac14
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 11:07:34 PM »

ParishSoft is running out a huge program for the GOA.  it is REALLY awesome and super slick.  you can access it online or on a PC, and update instantaneously anywhere, any time.  If I find a link i'll post it. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
podkarpatska
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 10:20:58 AM »

One might argue that "parish management" is either an illusive concept like "herding cats" or simply an oxymoron. Wink
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 01:18:56 PM »

One might argue that "parish management" is either an illusive concept like "herding cats" or simply an oxymoron. Wink

the paradox of paradoxes.  kind of like the virgin birth. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: