Author Topic: Remember the Ice Bucket Challenge?  (Read 118 times)

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Remember the Ice Bucket Challenge?
« on: July 27, 2016, 12:40:05 PM »
Remember the Ice Bucket Challenge? It Helped Fund the Discovery of a New ALS Gene

The viral Ice Bucket Challenge, which swept the internet two years ago while raising money and awareness for the ALS Assocation, has helped fund what the association is calling a “significant gene discovery.”...

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
Re: Remember the Ice Bucket Challenge?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 12:48:21 PM »
Let's hope this discovery leads to good results.  Not every genetic discovery always leads to something definitive
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline RaphaCam

• Hyperdox kid
  • OC.net guru
  • The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan!
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 01:21:39 PM »
Best meme ever then.  :D
But the Lord is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him. (Holy Habakkuk 2:20)

Offline Porter ODoran

• Ex-Amish ex Appalachia
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 03:11:42 PM »
Let's hope this discovery leads to good results.  Not every genetic discovery always leads to something definitive

Well that's understating it. This kind of work linking genotype to phenotype is about as meaningful as connect-the-dots, in spite of all the hyper statements about it changing everything. But of course this is how modern society has always worked -- by continually announcing that the world has been remade by its leadership, and that progress is an inevitable blessing of theirs. A sane survey of the past two centuries would instead show as many failures and laughable claims.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Porter ODoran

• Ex-Amish ex Appalachia
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 03:13:15 PM »
Remember the Ice Bucket Challenge? It Helped Fund the Discovery of a New ALS Gene

The viral Ice Bucket Challenge, which swept the internet two years ago while raising money and awareness for the ALS Assocation, has helped fund what the association is calling a “significant gene discovery.”...

Isn't it fascinating how scientists evidently breathe money rather than oxygen to function?
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 03:19:53 PM »
Unfortunately that's the type of system that all research is operated under.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.