Author Topic: Transgender Girl Scout stands up to bully who wouldn’t buy cookies  (Read 173 times)

Offline nothing

• OC.net guru
    • CLICKBAIT
Nine-year-old Stormi set out last month to sell cookies just like every other Girl Scout — with a sales pitch and a goal.

“I like to sell cookies because it’s very nice to sell cookies,” she told BuzzFeed News. Cookies, she said, “make people smile.”

But when Stormi, who is transgender, started knocking on neighbours’ doors near her home in Herrin, Illinois, one man turned her away, saying:

“Nobody wants to buy cookies from a boy in a dress.”

“It made me sad,” Stormi told BuzzFeed News. “Because I’m a girl.”

So, she said, she found a way to shut down her bully and sell more than 3,000 boxes of cookies.
http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/news/transgender-girl-scout-stands-up-to-bully-who-wouldnt-buy-cookies-from-a-boy-in-a-dress

A 9 year old transgender? That's disgusting.
Atheists are weak because they are deaf to joy and are unable to dance.

Quote from: Porter ODoran
The cold, gemlike flame of skeptical criticism elucidates only its own color.
Quote from: William T
While the prospects of an operatic cosmic catastrophe may always be looming behind us due to our temperaments, we do tend to be around lots and lots of the opposite sex from cradle to grave.

Offline Bob2

• Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: ROCOR
Re: Transgender Girl Scout stands up to bully who wouldn’t buy cookies
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 09:19:26 PM »
Poor kid is a currently a foster child, I wonder why, ... but wonder more about the foster parents/GS organization for promoting this for media attention, I thought there were rules about privacy for foster children. The agenda being pushed by the adults is what is disgusting.

Offline scamandrius

• Musicians don't dance
  • Taxiarches
  • Why do I waste my time here?
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 10:02:52 PM »
Is this guy really a bully?  He expressed his opinion, albeit harshly, but that is hardly indicative of bullying.  NOw, if he threatened her and stole the girl scout cookies, then the label might stick.  All too often, an opposite opinion is deemed "bullying."

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • From the Land of 10,000 Lakes
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 10:15:50 PM »
Nine-year-old Stormi set out last month to sell cookies just like every other Girl Scout — with a sales pitch and a goal.

“I like to sell cookies because it’s very nice to sell cookies,” she told BuzzFeed News. Cookies, she said, “make people smile.”

But when Stormi, who is transgender, started knocking on neighbours’ doors near her home in Herrin, Illinois, one man turned her away, saying:

So, she said, she found a way to shut down her bully and sell more than 3,000 boxes of cookies.
http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/news/transgender-girl-scout-stands-up-to-bully-who-wouldnt-buy-cookies-from-a-boy-in-a-dress

9 as in 9, or 9 as in 52?
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline NicholasMyra

• Automated Kibitz Machine
  • Taxiarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Jurisdiction: My heart belongs to my conjoined twin
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 10:44:07 PM »
Buzz feed News. That's the tragedy here.
According to clock time and calendar time the approval of threads may seem to be long delayed, but in sacred time it is always near at hand, always imminent.
Vote for a Ministry section on OC.net

Offline Alveus Lacuna

• Taxiarches
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 11:07:05 PM »

Bat boy sells encyclopedias door to door.

Offline nothing

• OC.net guru
    • CLICKBAIT
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 11:17:40 PM »

9 as in 9, or 9 as in 52?
You're late we discussed that awhile ago.

While the prospects of an operatic cosmic catastrophe may always be looming behind us due to our temperaments, we do tend to be around lots and lots of the opposite sex from cradle to grave.

Offline nothing

• OC.net guru
    • CLICKBAIT
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 11:17:57 PM »
Yeah I saw that too and well...*shrug*