OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 17, 2014, 01:55:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodoxy Not Fatkins Freindly! (the Onion Dome)  (Read 1138 times) Average Rating: 0
Ian Lazarus
The Main Man!
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: AOA

yIjah, Qey' 'oH!

« on: February 05, 2005, 10:51:01 PM »

I saw this and busted a gut and a half! Grin Cheesy laugh

Ian Lazarus :grommit:

Raised by a cup of cofee! :coffee:

http://www.theoniondome.com/2005/02/04

Low-Carb Diet Inventor Sues Orthodox Church Over Fasting Regulations
February 4, 2005
Washington, DC, USA — Richard Fadkins, founder of the world-famous Fadkins No-Carb Diet, sued the Orthodox Church today in U.S. District Court, for calling for a meatless, dairyless fast during Lent and other fasting periods. “This makes it near impossible for Orthodox people to be on my award-winning, world-famous diet,” noted Fadkins, “and why shouldn’t I be able to bilk — um — help Orthodox people too?”

Named in the lawsuit are the Rump Orthodox Church in America (RUMPO), The Former Antiochian Archdiocese of America (FAAA), the Church Overseas of Russian Orthodox Christians (COROC), and one or two smaller jurisdictions of questionable canonicity.

“I note you didn’t sue the Greeks, who make up the largest number of Orthodox Christians in North America,” noted our intrepid editor.

“Greeks fast?” asked Fadkins, incredulous.

“Some do,” informed our intrepid editor.

“We may have to expand our lawsuit,” said Fadkins.

“Ooops, sorry about that, Greeks,” said our intrepid editor.

“What on earth were they thinking, inventing this 40-day fast where people aren’t allowed to eat meat or dairy products or eggs?” demanded Fadkins. “Were they purposely trying to ruin me?”

“Was it Fadkins Diet in 19th Century Russia?!” fumed Father Vasiliy Vasileivich, COROC spokesman and five-time winner of the Annual Australian Meat-Free Cookoff.

“What does that have to do with it?” stomped Fadkins. “There wasn’t any fasting in 19th Century Russia either, I’m sure.”

“This is where you are wrong, actually,” noted Fr. Vasiliy. “Orthodox fasting is going back even further than 19th Century Russia!”

“Yeah, right,” scoffed Fadkins.

“Actually, Father Vasiliy is correct,” interjected Dr. Yeraslav Penguin, St. John Chrysostom Professor of Historical Liturgics at St. Toucan’s Orthodox Seminary and Roadside Icon Shoppe. “Orthodox fasting goes back many, many centuries.”

“You would say that,” countered Fadkins.

“Why is it that you are inventor of diet fad, and yet you easily weigh over 100 kilograms?” wondered Fr. Vasiliy.

“That’s all muscle,” sniffed Fadkins.

“It was plenty of liars in 19th Century Russia,” noted Fr. Vasiliy.

“Here we see...” began Dr. Penguin.

“Doctor Penguin? When did you become Doctor Penguin?” interrupted Fr. Vasiliy. “Last time you were quoted in Onion Dome, you were Professor Penguin, not this Doctor Penguin.”

“I finally finished my dissertation last Fall,” admitted Dr. Penguin. “It was on—”

“Congratulations!” said Fr. Vasiliy hastily.

“Thank you, Father,” said Dr. Penguin gracously.

“Hey! This is my interview!” whined Fadkins.

“Enjoy it while you can,” suggested Dr. Penguin. “You don’t stand a snowball’s chance in Turkmenistan in court.”

“What makes you so sure?” sneered Fadkins.

“You can’t be serious!” barked Dr. Penguin. “Everybody knows that Orthodox fasting goes back way before the Fadkins Diet! It wasn’t invented to harm your business. Your business didn’t even exist. YOU didn’t even exist. We ... I ... they ....”

Dr. Penguin’s voice trailed off in choked disbelief.

“We’ll see,” said Fadkins. “I’ll see you in court.”

“By the way, has a judge been assigned to the case?” wondered our intrepid editor.

“Yes,” snapped Fadkins. “Judge with a funny-sounding name, here it is ... um ... Theodoulos.”

Hands flew to mouths as an unusual coughing epidemic shook the room.

“Be seeing you in court!” said Fr. Vasiliy wryly.

“What’s so funny?” demanded Fadkins as the room emptied.

This report was filed by intrepid Onion Dome editor Alex Riggle
Post your comments on this article on The Onion Dome Feedback Blog

Copyright -¬ 2002-2005 Alex Riggle. All rights reserved.

"For I am With thee, withersoever thou goest"

Joshua 1:9
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 11:01:07 PM »

LOL that is fabulous! hahaha i dont read the onion dome usually, just because i dont have time, but those parodic names and stuff are great! hehe thanx for posting Smiley

hmmmm...
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 12:26:10 AM »

HAHA!!!!!! Grin

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 09:28:02 AM »

Very cute!!!
Theodoros

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 10:45:45 PM »

Too funny...

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print