Author Topic: persistent kundalini "demon"? would you be concerned ?  (Read 18488 times)

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
Re: persistent kundalini "demon"? would you be concerned ?
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2013, 11:44:49 AM »
So, were you a Hindu or yogi?

umm... I think most yogis are Hindus
formerly known as theophan_c

Offline Romaios

• Archon
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2013, 11:49:42 AM »

Some are Buddhists - practitioners of Vajrayana, for instance.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2013, 11:50:06 AM »
I've seen many a consequence of self-diagnosis in 30 years' experience in the health field. Men are also notoriously resistant to seeking medical advice.  :(

For medical problems I seek medical advice ... like when I suffered more than a half dozen acute gall bladder attacks I went to doctors and they did find the cause - eventually - after misdiagnosing it for a year. 

This may come as a surprise to you but not everything has a medical explanation!  no, really.

Perhaps not, but it is usually a good place to start when dealing with afflictions such as this.

Indeed. Especially when one's eyesight is affected.
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2013, 11:56:30 AM »
Perhaps not, but it is usually a good place to start when dealing with afflictions such as this.

Why go medical?  it doesn't hurt or bother me at all.  I just wonder about it sometimes because it's unusual.   

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2013, 12:00:03 PM »

Some are Buddhists - practitioners of Vajrayana, for instance.

yup, been there done that (both Hindu & Buddhist) plus shamanism, Zen, etc.

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2013, 12:01:51 PM »
I've seen many a consequence of self-diagnosis in 30 years' experience in the health field. Men are also notoriously resistant to seeking medical advice.  :(

For medical problems I seek medical advice ... like when I suffered more than a half dozen acute gall bladder attacks I went to doctors and they did find the cause - eventually - after misdiagnosing it for a year. 

This may come as a surprise to you but not everything has a medical explanation!  no, really.

Indeed. Especially when one's eyesight is affected.

would you personally feel safer in your own world view if you could be convinced my experience were merely the result of some mechanical / medical circumstance?  is that it ?

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2013, 12:05:36 PM »
Why go medical?  it doesn't hurt or bother me at all.  I just wonder about it sometimes because it's unusual.   

It doesn't have to hurt or bother you to be a medical issue.  I think it's safest to rule out a medical explanation while, if not before, considering other possibilities.  I say that as someone who doesn't like going to doctors, taking medicines, etc.  I eat healthy, keep the fasts, and take walks, and that seems to keep me in good health.  But if I was seeing blue lights, I'd get it checked out.  

As someone said earlier, different parts of the brain are activated for different things.  If you're only experiencing this during "prayer", that doesn't mean that it's a spiritual issue by default.  It could be that the part of the brain active during prayer has an issue.  

Personally, I recommend getting it checked out.  I think ruling out seeing an ophthalmologist (optometrist doesn't count) and then looking for other explanations is at least somewhat irresponsible, reckless, and unscriptural.    

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2013, 12:09:03 PM »
would you personally feel safer in your own world view if you could be convinced my experience were merely the result of some mechanical / medical circumstance?  is that it ?

:P

Of course, this can be thrown right back at you.  Would you feel safer in your own worldview if this was a spiritual issue?  Would you feel like you were more spiritual because you were experiencing spiritual phenomena that others do not?  Perhaps you are so holy that demons are picking you as their target? 

Let's not go there.  Let's go to a doctor, just like everyone in the Gospels who approached Christ for healing.  If it doesn't work, it doesn't work and we can consider other options, but Scripture praises the skills of physicians as God-given gifts--why would we reject such gifts?   

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2013, 12:46:00 PM »
Let's go to a doctor, just like everyone in the Gospels who approached Christ for healing.  If it doesn't work, it doesn't work and we can consider other options, but Scripture praises the skills of physicians as God-given gifts--why would we reject such gifts?   

OK already... I'm really considering asking my doctor about it as his office is only about 4 blocks from me.  Not because I think my medical options will avail anything whatsoever but just to move this conversation beyond the bugbear of modern medical supremacy.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2013, 01:15:25 PM »
*wipes hands*

Mission Accomplished.  Was able to get man to go to doctor's office.  See, miracles do still occur.  ;D
God bless!

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: In Hell I'll be in good company
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2013, 01:17:33 PM »
*wipes hands*

Mission Accomplished.  Was able to get man to go to doctor's office.  See, miracles do still occur.  ;D

An Elder! :o
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2013, 05:13:03 PM »
"Bindu:  The compact mass of spiritual power or energy (Sakti) gathered into an undifferentiated point, ready to manifest as the universe. A form made of light (Blue Pearl). The material cause of creation."   - p.93 "A Concise Dictionary of Indian Philosophy" SUNY press 1996.

... or... a small retinal tear or mischievous demon as the case may be ...   ;)

FWIW, I remember contemplating this "blue pearl" (which always appears between and slightly above the eyebrows with eyes open or closed) in terms of the jewels in Indra's net - each one supposedly including the universe which also includes each other jewel - (a mythic representation of the infinite interpenetration of all things).  Anyway, (according to oc.net medical theory), this particular contemplation must have then triggered a particular part of my brain to cause this illusion of light to again appear but then to rapidly expand or to have caused my consciousness to appear to dive directly into this illusion of light. 

Other people have also experienced and described the same thing about entering the light, piercing the bindu, etc. (although they don't mention how).  I find it more plausible to assume we were all toyed around with by the same demon than to assume we all have the same retinal tear or brain defect.

In any event ... retinal tear, spiritual energy, small demon - I don't think I'll ever know even if my doctor does hazard a wild guess - why would his guess be any better than yours or Fr. Seraphim Rose?  Remember Fr. Rose was referring to my former guru specifically and to this light specifically as an example of the kind of demonic influence he was talking about.  He was a smart guy, why didn't he think ... "poor deluded people... probably has a medical explanation"?

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2013, 07:53:44 PM »
Other people have also experienced and described the same thing about entering the light, piercing the bindu, etc. (although they don't mention how).  I find it more plausible to assume we were all toyed around with by the same demon than to assume we all have the same retinal tear or brain defect.

"More plausible" and "to assume" don't exactly inspire confidence. 

Look, it's your life, if you want to assume it's a demon or something, go ahead.  Just don't pretend there's anything Christian or Orthodox about doing things that way.  A responsible course of action would be to consider all possibilities: physical, spiritual, psychological, etc.  I'd be very surprised to find an Orthodox cleric, monastic, or writer who would advocate passing on a medical exam even if they believed in "spiritual" causes. 

In any event ... retinal tear, spiritual energy, small demon - I don't think I'll ever know even if my doctor does hazard a wild guess - why would his guess be any better than yours or Fr. Seraphim Rose? 

Well, maybe it has to do with all that scientific and medical training.  If he doesn't find anything physically wrong with you, you're not obligated to listen to his "guesses" if they extend into fields in which he has no experience.  But at least it's good to give him the benefit of the doubt in fields in which he does have experience.  I don't think Fr Seraphim was a physician by training...

Remember Fr. Rose was referring to my former guru specifically and to this light specifically as an example of the kind of demonic influence he was talking about.  He was a smart guy, why didn't he think ... "poor deluded people... probably has a medical explanation"?

There's a difference between writing a book and taking care of a person. 

Offline Santagranddad

• OC.net guru
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2013, 08:17:40 PM »
Your physician's concern is based on an informed medical view rather than, forgive me, a rather syncretic mismatch of theories which appear to have no sound basis other than in your thought processes. As you have already had suggested why not follow your physician's advice? Because physicians and surgeons may be God's instruments too. If you reject the advice already given then it raises the question of why did you start the thread?

As one eminent medical analyst, as I recall, said to a patient, "If you don't want to heal, there's the door". The next move is yours.

Offline Nephi

• Protokentarchos
  • A non-Chalcedonian in Chalcedonian clothing.
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2013, 08:53:27 PM »
I'd be very surprised to find an Orthodox cleric, monastic, or writer who would advocate passing on a medical exam even if they believed in "spiritual" causes. 

I'm not disagreeing, but there are pretty weird quotes that come out of some Eastern European priests/monks. E.g. breast cancer being a specific woman's fault not satisfying her husband.

Partially related, I just remembered a monk or priest quoted on here talking about dragons - does anyone remember?

Offline Romaios

• Archon
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2013, 09:01:03 PM »
I'd be very surprised to find an Orthodox cleric, monastic, or writer who would advocate passing on a medical exam even if they believed in "spiritual" causes. 

I'm not disagreeing, but there are pretty weird quotes that come out of some Eastern European priests/monks. E.g. breast cancer being a specific woman's fault not satisfying her husband.

You must have picked that one up from Augustin's excerpts from Fr. Ilarion Argatu.  :laugh:

Offline Nephi

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2013, 09:04:26 PM »

You must have picked that one up from Augustin's excerpts from Fr. Ilarion Argatu.  :laugh:

That's the one that mentioned the dragon, too! I couldn't remember his name for the life of me.

Although, IIRC the breast cancer comment came from Elder Thaddeus in the book Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives.

Offline Romaios

• Archon
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2013, 09:11:20 PM »
Although, IIRC the breast cancer comment came from Elder Thaddeus in the book Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives.

I only recall Elder Tadej saying that people can become mentally ill if those who prepare their food quarrel and swear while cooking.

I actually like him a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qACk5vu_wY   
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:14:07 PM by Romaios »

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2013, 09:11:38 PM »

That's the one that mentioned the dragon, too! I couldn't remember his name for the life of me.

The good Elder might be shocked to know that the onset of breast cancer is not restricted to married women. Celibate women, even -gasp!- nuns get it, as do men. Male breast cancer is rare, but it happens.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2013, 09:13:52 PM »
Your physician's concern is based on an informed medical view rather than, forgive me, a rather syncretic mismatch of theories which appear to have no sound basis other than in your thought processes. As you have already had suggested why not follow your physician's advice? Because physicians and surgeons may be God's instruments too. If you reject the advice already given then it raises the question of why did you start the thread?

As one eminent medical analyst, as I recall, said to a patient, "If you don't want to heal, there's the door". The next move is yours.

Numerous saints were physicians, in times of old, and in our times. St Luke of Simferopol', monk, bishop and master surgeon during the Soviet period, is one who comes to mind.

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2013, 09:19:37 PM »
you guys ...  I will definitely mention this to my doctor next time I go for a checkup.  I'll tell him I've had it for 20 maybe 25 years - it doesn't hurt or concern me - and I don't want to bother with further tests unless he is concerned.   He won't be.

Open question to every one of you suggesting medical advice:  "do you believe anyone in the world sees the blue pearl (ie. kundalini light in the ajna chakra) for a reason other than a physical / medical abnormality?"  

I'm curious whether you disbelieve in the very existence of such things or whether you disbelieve they might have happened to me in particular.  Please... this is not rhetorical, I want to know.

What these things really are ... well, now that's the question.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:24:42 PM by Феофан »

Offline Romaios

• Archon
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2013, 09:26:09 PM »

No - it was definitely Fr. Argatu: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,43448.msg718845.html#msg718845
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:26:44 PM by Romaios »

Offline Nephi

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2013, 09:29:53 PM »

I only recall Elder Tadej saying that people can become mentally ill if those who prepare their food quarrel and swear while cooking.

I actually like him a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qACk5vu_wY   

I didn't actually recall that one, but I do remember where he told a woman she killed her son (who died in a car accident) because she told him she didn't want to see him again.

Anyway, I'll have to watch that when I get the chance - I did really like the book, even with the couple odd bits.

Offline Santagranddad

• OC.net guru
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2013, 09:31:05 PM »
you guys ...  I will definitely mention this to my doctor next time I go for a checkup.  I'll tell him I've had it for 20 maybe 25 years - it doesn't hurt or bother me - and I don't want to bother with further tests unless he is concerned.   He won't be.

Open question to every one of you suggesting medical advice:  "do you believe anyone in the world sees the blue pearl (ie. kundalini light in the ajna chakra) for a reason other than a physical / medical abnormality?"  

I'm curious whether you disbelieve in the very existence of such things or whether you disbelieve they might have happened to me in particular.  Please... this is not rhetorical, I want to know.

What these things actually are ... well, now that's the question.

There are many things that either I do not understand or comprehend. In answer to your issue, it appears better to have a down to earth approach, i.e. check out with the physician. Issues, concerns and fears may always be discussed with a priest or confessor too, their input may have huge significance. What it not recommended is self diagnosis. Speculation, exploring or seeking endorsement of your own theories on the .net is possibly the least therapeutic option.

All the best.

Offline Nephi

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2013, 09:31:28 PM »

No - it was definitely Fr. Argatu: http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,43448.msg718845.html#msg718845

Okay, thanks for the correction. After posting it I was really unsure whether I had remembered correctly, and obviously I hadn't. :D

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2013, 09:56:23 PM »
There are many things that either I do not understand or comprehend. In answer to your issue, it appears better to have a down to earth approach, i.e. check out with the physician. Issues, concerns and fears may always be discussed with a priest or confessor too, their input may have huge significance. What it not recommended is self diagnosis. Speculation, exploring or seeking endorsement of your own theories on the .net is possibly the least therapeutic option.

I have told my priest about similar (actually more unusual) experiences in my past and he clearly didn't know what to make of it.  I could try him on this one but I'm certain it would be the same. I will try my doctor but I'm certain it will be the same.  Nobody KNOWS - I'd bet my house on it.  It's because NOBODY knows that I talk to you people about it - because why not?  It can't get any less certain for me and it might be interesting for some of you.

To repeat myself... I don't know what to make of it.  I don't have a good theory to believe in - I'm just aware of what some other people think and consider "medical pathology" the least likely to be true.  The phenomena is very highly correlated to people engaging in eastern mystical practice.  As far as I know it's virtually unheard of outside that group.  Think about it... are people drawn to meditation because of pre-existing retinal tears or brain defects?  Or does meditation perhaps produce these retinal tears or brain defects? 

Offline Nikolaostheservant

• High Elder
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2013, 10:22:05 PM »
Meditaion opens one up to all kinds of thngs that are said to be good and a sign of advanced spiritual progress.

Unfortunatly OP you are one of the ones that has alowed yourself to be used as a host for this thing.

you say its not bothering you and does nothing bad. ? is that what it wants you to think /feel?

im sory, i was not going to respond to this thread as im trying to stop speaking/reliving such things.

but get to a Orthodox priest and have him read the protection prayers and cleaning prayers over you. repent your past ways and belifes, go to curch, comune and pray, you are Orthodox now are you not?! and hopefully it will go away.

what you are describing has NO place in our religion, othere then the demonic.

btw: im speaking from personal experience, not the same situation as you but very simmilar.

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2013, 10:46:08 PM »
but get to a Orthodox priest and have him read the protection prayers and cleaning prayers over you. repent your past ways and belifes, go to curch, comune and pray, you are Orthodox now are you not?! and hopefully it will go away.

btw: im speaking from personal experience, not the same situation as you but very simmilar.

I'm sorry to hear of your trouble and pray God heals you and helps you and holds you close to His heart now and ever for ages of ages amen.

I discussed the darkness of my former practice in some detail with my priest before baptism and was very definitely glad to know about the exorcism part, triple immersion, renouncing and spitting on the devil, etc.  I trust whatever God now allows me to be reminded of is for my benefit even if it seems otherwise to me.  Reading your concerns and because the situation is ongoing I will definitely now discuss this blue light with my priest and ask him if I need to have any special prayers said over me, etc.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:49:44 PM by Феофан »

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2013, 10:54:42 PM »

I'm sorry to hear of your trouble and pray God heals you and helps you and holds you close to His heart now and ever for ages of ages amen.

I discussed the darkness of my former practice in some detail with my priest before baptism and was very definitely glad to know about the exorcism part, triple immersion, renouncing and spitting on the devil, etc.  I trust whatever God now allows me to be reminded of is for my benefit even if it seems otherwise to me.  Reading your concerns and because the situation is ongoing I will definitely now discuss this blue light with my priest and ask him if I need to have any special prayers said over me, etc.

I still can't understand your dogged reluctance to have this checked out physically.

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2013, 10:32:55 AM »

I still can't understand your dogged reluctance to have this checked out physically.

I said I'd bring it up with my GP next checkup

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2013, 10:39:13 AM »

Good. I'm just concerned about your repeated assertions that you "know" it's not "mechanical", without having had that possibility ruled out.  :police:

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2013, 10:55:45 AM »

I just spent thirty seconds trying to squash the 'bug' on my screen. The jokes on me....

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2013, 11:32:49 AM »

I just spent thirty seconds trying to squash the 'bug' on my screen. The jokes on me....

Me too.  :D
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Warning: stories have mature content.

Offline Velsigne

• OC.net guru
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2013, 02:12:23 PM »
you guys ...  I will definitely mention this to my doctor next time I go for a checkup.  I'll tell him I've had it for 20 maybe 25 years - it doesn't hurt or concern me - and I don't want to bother with further tests unless he is concerned.   He won't be.

What these things really are ... well, now that's the question.

I wouldn't always suggest medical examination since in my experience doctors tend not to do well with difficult scenarios.   A lot of them like the easy stuff.  Take your blood, omg high cholesterol, give you a pill to fix it.  That's $389.00 USD for ten minutes, NEXT!   Other people seem to get a great deal of help and rack of millions of dollars in hospital bills, particularly if they are older and / or male.

You might get referred over to a neurologist.  They just don't always have answers, and quality of care greatly varies.

I've seen what you call 'blue light' but I always thought of it as a blue star.  It was incredibly beautiful, and I never understood what it was.  I was not Christian, but was dabbling in various things.  I've not heard that it was kundalini, though I used to understand the basics of that system. 

I am a baptized Orthodox Christian now, and I've not had visions since, but I've had different sorts of experiences.   I gave up everything I used to think I knew to try and learn to follow Christ, who interestingly, is sometimes referred to as the 'hallowed triple daystar which illumines the whole world'. 

I also suffer from visual migraines, but it was nothing like that.  I also see flashes of light and spots and moving shadows, but think most of that is physical visual disturbance, and if it's not, I don't worry about it and just remember to pray, even the Jesus prayer, or just remember God.  The blue star was nothing like those things, and it was fantastically beautiful and peaceful and lasted quite awhile.  The background was like velvety black night sky.   

Recently I read somewhere that an elder considered blue light to be demonic.  I don't take everything every elder says as absolute truth.  That would mean that cool range fluorescent lamps are demonic.  Sometimes things they say are taken out of context too.  And blue is the color associated with the Theotokos, and one of my favorite colors.

In any case, if it's any help, if I were the tell our parish priest something like that, he would likely tell me to keep my prayer rule, receive Communion when possible, continue to participate in the life of the Church, and ignore it.

But if I ignored every supernatural event in my life I would never have become Christian.   But I think the advice is basically sound, even if he has no experience with that sort of thing.  And for 'not trusting ourselves in anything' well, we live in the world, not under the care of a spiritually advanced elder in a protected monastic environment.  So a level of discernment has to develop, and that generally doesn't happen overnight.  Just pray and ask God for help, ask the saints with whom you feel a connection to pray for you. 

Saw an interesting documentary recently title Wake Up about a young man who suddenly could see angels, demons, and ghosts, and his quest to find out what was happening to him.  It all started when he was in San Francisco. He went through a battery of psychological tests, and an MRI scan to rule out physical causes, and they couldn't find any mental illness or problems on the MRI.  He struggled with pride in being able to see what others couldn't.  He went on a long adventure to various countries to find answers.   

But he never tried Orthodoxy, unfortunately.  But he did notice that censing his house everyday with sage, and keeping a statue of Archangel Michael and the Theotokos helped keep his house from being invaded, but he rejected Christianity of his childhood, some sort of southern Baptist. 

And for the working in corporate environment cutting one off from a spiritual life, I've noticed that can happen as well, but I don't see how that would give you insight to the nature of your particular experience.   

A nation is not conquered until the hearts of its women are on the ground.

Then it is done, no matter how brave its warriors nor how strong their weapons -- Cheyenne proverb

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2013, 02:48:25 PM »

In any case, if it's any help, if I were the tell our parish priest something like that, he would likely tell me to keep my prayer rule, receive Communion when possible, continue to participate in the life of the Church, and ignore it.

Yes, this is what I had assumed myself before starting this thread.  As I'm not upset about this I'm fairly sure my priest will say something similar - but you never know, he might surprise me - I'll ask him and see.   (and... "yes, I'll also ask my doctor")
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 02:57:26 PM by Феофан »

Offline Gayle

« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2013, 01:00:49 AM »
Ignore it and pray and ever time it's there pray and fast. Also do go to spiritual father.And No BryanS this is not a usal part of Orthodoxy.I was once around this kind of spiritualisum and the Fathers say to ignore it and pray.(the Jesus payer)

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
    • USCJ
  • Faith: Jewish(Conservative)
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2013, 02:15:22 AM »
I say this as a nurse, I'd see an opthomologist (not a GP). This could be indicative of a retinal problem and if so some day you could wake up blind. A GP/PCP will just send you to an opthomologist anyway.
Proverbs 22:7

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2013, 02:42:51 PM »
I say this as a nurse, I'd see an opthomologist (not a GP). This could be indicative of a retinal problem and if so some day you could wake up blind. A GP/PCP will just send you to an opthomologist anyway.

tell me Tallitot, as a nurse, do you disbelieve in the existence of things like this on principle?  do you think no one sees light in/through their 3rd eye (ajna chakra)?  or is it your professional opinion that some do but I do not?

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
    • USCJ
  • Faith: Jewish(Conservative)
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2013, 04:05:56 PM »

tell me Tallitot, as a nurse, do you disbelieve in the existence of things like this on principle?  do you think no one sees light in/through their 3rd eye (ajna chakra)?  or is it your professional opinion that some do but I do not?
I believe it's prudent to rule out natural causes and make sure there is no physical pathology involved. What's wrong with that?
Proverbs 22:7

Offline Santagranddad

• OC.net guru
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2013, 04:46:58 PM »

I believe it's prudent to rule out natural causes and make sure there is no physical pathology involved. What's wrong with that?

Nought, simply prudent.

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2013, 06:02:38 PM »
I'd like you to answer my questions Tallitot.  "do you disbelieve in the existence of things like this on principle?  do you think no one sees light in/through their 3rd eye (ajna chakra)?  or is it your professional opinion that some do but I do not?"

I don't care what anyone here thinks is medically prudent.  I was never asking for medical advice

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:04:28 PM by Феофан »

Offline Santagranddad

• OC.net guru
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2013, 06:48:49 PM »
I'd like you to answer my questions Tallitot.  "do you disbelieve in the existence of things like this on principle?  do you think no one sees light in/through their 3rd eye (ajna chakra)?  or is it your professional opinion that some do but I do not?"

I don't care what anyone here thinks is medically prudent.  I was never asking for medical advice

Then what are seeking, an endorsement of your own notions. Surely as you appeared so wedded to such a thing and do not want to hear anyone else's different take, is it the case you are either winding us up or simply want us to collude with your interpretation of this 'reported' phenomena?

I for one am out, especially when you appear unwilling to accept kindly offered advice and add insult to injury by DEMANDING your question be answered. And for free might I suggest you take the advice and put on some big boy pants while you about it.

Goodnight and goodbye....

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2013, 07:32:57 PM »

Then what are seeking, an endorsement of your own notions. Surely as you appeared so wedded to such a thing and do not want to hear anyone else's different take, is it the case you are either winding us up or simply want us to collude with your interpretation of this 'reported' phenomena?

I for one am out, especially when you appear unwilling to accept kindly offered advice and add insult to injury by DEMANDING your question be answered. And for free might I suggest you take the advice and put on some big boy pants while you about it.

THIS!!

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2013, 10:14:40 PM »

Goodnight and goodbye....

Yes goodbye to you too and I really hope you mean that.  

For the 2nd or 3rd time now... I don't have any particular theory about this light except I am fairly certain it's not a medical problem - about as certain as I am the sun will rise tomorrow - not 100% but enough for me to bet my eyesight on - or my net worth or whatever you like.   why?    BECAUSE IT'S CLEARLY RELATED TO THE CONTENT OF WHAT I'M CONTEMPLATING, not time of day or diet or eyestrain or physical activity or whether my eyes are open or closed, etc etc etc

If any of you really think particular topics of thought can cause retinal failure I think you are irredeemably stupid or terrifically frightened of things "unknown" to you.  Yes, you think it's an eye problem.  I heard you the first ten times. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 10:17:22 PM by Феофан »

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2013, 10:59:44 PM »
enough for me to bet my eyesight on - or my net worth or whatever you like.  

Be careful for what you wish for ....