Author Topic: persistent kundalini "demon"? would you be concerned ?  (Read 18962 times)

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
persistent kundalini "demon"? would you be concerned ?
« on: August 29, 2013, 11:54:41 AM »
For 20 years I've continued to see a classic kundalini symtom called the "blue pearl" ... "A brilliant blue light, the size of a tiny seed, which appears to the meditator whose energy has been awakened." (http://www.cit-sakti.com/resources/kundalini-glossary.htm)  What's it like?  It's exactly like when a red laser light hits your retina except it's blue.  It's unmistakable really and was also confirmed by the "guru" of the group most associated with it - lest anyone suppose I'm imagining this or it's a "mental image" or any such thing.

I thought it would go away with baptism but it didn't. It doesn't bother me except perhaps it does distract me as it's impossible (for me) to ignore.  I've read demons occasionally appear as light to steal the benefit we might otherwise obtain by just such distraction.  This is plausible because it does usually appear toward the end of some spiritual contemplation - kind of like an exclamation point - but lasting no longer than a second or two.

I've lived with it for so long I'm used to it but perhaps I should be more concerned?  Is this a really bad thing that I should seek a remedy for or is it more like the annoyance of mosquitoes - something to just ignore?

p.s.

Why call it a "demon"?  because this blue light was specifically mentioned as such by Fr. Seraphim Rose somewhere in "Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future".  I'm not saying that proves anything, it just makes me wonder is all ...
formerly known as theophan_c

Offline jah777

• Archon
Re: persistent kundalini "demon"? would you be concerned ?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 11:56:15 AM »
You need to speak with an experienced and discerning spiritual father about this. 

Offline IoanC

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 12:02:29 PM »
Has it ever been gone for longer periods of time? Does it appear rather irregularly?

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 12:14:05 PM »
You need to speak with an experienced and discerning spiritual father about this. 

sigh... if only I could

Are you saying only a discerning spiritual father would know the answer or "that lump is malignant and it needs to come out now!"

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 12:19:48 PM »
Has it ever been gone for longer periods of time? Does it appear rather irregularly?

Yes, one time I had a highly paid contract job in a very corporate setting for several months and the blue light basically disappeared.  I characterized my spiritual state during that time as very low or worldly (not that I'm suggesting anything good about this light - I'm just saying that's what I recall thinking at the time).

Lately I see it maybe 1 to 5 times a day, maybe some days not at all.  I don't actually count.

Offline IoanC

• Archon
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 12:27:34 PM »

Yes, one time I had a highly paid contract job in a very corporate setting for several months and the blue light basically disappeared.  I characterized my spiritual state during that time as very low or worldly (not that I'm suggesting anything good about this light - I'm just saying that's what I recall thinking at the time).

Lately I see it maybe 1 to 5 times a day, maybe some days not at all.  I don't actually count.

I believe it's a very minor and rather common type of demonic assault. Don't give it any attention when it happens. We should aim for our attention always being given to God who is always with us.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:27:54 PM by IoanC »

Online WPM

• Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Russian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Texas
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 12:29:13 PM »
Because of its reference in the Gospels, the use of the word "demon" is commonplace. Even when you don't know what it is. Could be "phenomena" ...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:31:15 PM by WPM »

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 12:37:14 PM »
I have no idea, but perhaps it is a neutral/ benign phenomenon which has been misinterpreted by the gurus.
Mencius said, “Instruction makes use of many techniques. When I do not deign to instruct someone, that too is a form of instruction.”

Come look at my lame blog

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 12:41:10 PM »
I believe it's a very minor and rather common type of demonic assault. Don't give it any attention when it happens. We should aim for our attention always being given to God who is always with us.

ahh...  I feel relieved.  During all this time I never really knew for sure what to make of it so I never really did make anything of it - now it just seems odd but basically meaningless (to me).  Other people have big ideas about it but I could never really see why.

I like to think my guardian angel has been smacking the demon down all these years before he ever got a chance to get a good burn in!   :angel:   May God protect us all.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:49:09 PM by Феофан »

Offline IoanC

• Archon
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 01:10:03 PM »
I don't believe it is a phenomena, nor that it's necessarily untrue that it has to do with kundalini (which can actually cause some spiritual things).

I would look at it as a demonic assault. Knowing that the guardian angel is there to keep things under control is definitely helpful.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 01:15:10 PM »
I think the safest thing to do is to let a priest know.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Warning: stories have mature content.

Offline PoorFoolNicholas

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 01:23:43 PM »
I don't believe it is a phenomena, nor that it's necessarily untrue that it has to do with kundalini (which can actually cause some spiritual things).

HOW could you possibly know? Apart from blogging, what are your credentials to state the above as a fact?

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 01:32:02 PM »
Pardon, but isn't kundalini associated with Hinduism? I have to ask, could the OP not just drop any interest in Hinduism and maybe it'll go away? My Mom used to tell me not to scratch bug bites, after all.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Warning: stories have mature content.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Hypatos
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 01:46:55 PM »

Also, has the OP consulted a physician? 
I think you can say ~ In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and post with charitable and prayerful intentions.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 02:01:23 PM »

Also, has the OP consulted a physician? 
This is where I would start. No use worrying about demonic activity and all if it turns out that you just have some pressure on your optic nerve.
God bless!

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 03:37:45 PM »
OP here...

@biro - I'm not trying to see this thing - it just happens. I'm not interested in Hinduism - this is not self-induced in any way I'm aware of.

@trisagion & @mor - No I haven't seen a physician - in this country you get about 2 minutes with a doctor and if you aren't dieing you don't get much more than that.  I recently paid to see an optometrist however (for new glasses) and she said the inside of my eyes are fine.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Hypatos
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 04:02:38 PM »
@trisagion & @mor - No I haven't seen a physician - in this country you get about 2 minutes with a doctor and if you aren't dieing you don't get much more than that.  I recently paid to see an optometrist however (for new glasses) and she said the inside of my eyes are fine.

My sympathies for your country's inferior health system.  But still, that's no excuse not to exhaust the medical possibilities before assuming the demonic.  Better safe than sorry.
I think you can say ~ In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and post with charitable and prayerful intentions.

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 04:48:46 PM »
My sympathies for your country's inferior health system.  But still, that's no excuse not to exhaust the medical possibilities before assuming the demonic.  Better safe than sorry.

"kundalini" phenomena are fairly well known and there is no medical explanation.  You can look it up if you like.  I don't assume it's demonic.  I don't know what it is - just what other people say but I don't necessarily believe them.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Hypatos
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 05:20:19 PM »
"kundalini" phenomena are fairly well known and there is no medical explanation.  You can look it up if you like. 

No need.  I'm Indian, I've heard of it. 

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 06:32:52 PM »
"kundalini" phenomena are fairly well known and there is no medical explanation.  You can look it up if you like. 

Oh OK.. are you familiar with Ravi Zacharias by any chance?  He had some interesting things to say about the western appetite for Indian "spirituality" in his book  "Why Jesus? Rediscovering His Truth in An Age of Mass Marketed Spirituality".  He also has a ton of video on YouTube ... just protestant but good for all that (I think).

Anyway... thanks again for your concern and my apologies for hijacking my own thread!   ;)

Offline Jetavan

• Argumentum ad australopithecum
  • Taxiarches
  • Tenzin and Desmond
    • The Mystical Theology
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 06:47:33 PM »
I've lived with it for so long I'm used to it but perhaps I should be more concerned?  Is this a really bad thing that I should seek a remedy for or is it more like the annoyance of mosquitoes - something to just ignore?
The 'blue pearl' is a phenomenon that arises due to basic human spiritual physiology. It is essentially no different from various siddhis (such as clairvoyance) that result from yogic practice. Just notice it's there, and pay no further attention to it.
 You are here long enough to know you shall not present your religious beliefs in this section of the forum. 14 days of warning - MK.
If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Hypatos
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 07:29:18 PM »
Oh OK.. are you familiar with Ravi Zacharias by any chance?  He had some interesting things to say about the western appetite for Indian "spirituality" in his book  "Why Jesus? Rediscovering His Truth in An Age of Mass Marketed Spirituality".  He also has a ton of video on YouTube ... just protestant but good for all that (I think).

Generally I avoid Protestant televangelists, preachers, apologists, etc., but I find that I like Ravi Zacharias when I hear him on the radio.  Not enough to become a groupie, but I find him acceptable for a Protestant. 

I'd be interested to hear his opinion on the Western interest in Indian spirituality.  I have my own ideas, but he'd probably express himself more elegantly on that matter than I would.  ;)

Offline Shanghaiski

• Taxiarches
  • Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 09:31:31 PM »

I think I've eaten it.  ;D
Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.

Offline Shanghaiski

• Taxiarches
  • Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 09:32:34 PM »

Generally I avoid Protestant televangelists, preachers, apologists, etc., but I find that I like Ravi Zacharias when I hear him on the radio.  Not enough to become a groupie, but I find him acceptable for a Protestant. 

I'd be interested to hear his opinion on the Western interest in Indian spirituality.  I have my own ideas, but he'd probably express himself more elegantly on that matter than I would.  ;)

This explains why I misread "persistent" as "Protestant" in the threat title!
Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.

Offline IoanC

• Archon
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 11:52:00 PM »

HOW could you possibly know? Apart from blogging, what are your credentials to state the above as a fact?

You know better than to think I honor such questions, especially ever since you started investigating and attacking me on a personal level. (it's ok to stop this, it won't get you anywhere as you have noticed).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:55:50 PM by IoanC »

Offline IoanC

• Archon
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 01:22:16 AM »
I don't know what it is - just what other people say but I don't necessarily believe them.

And nothing else matters... :)

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
    • USCJ
  • Faith: Jewish(Conservative)
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 03:02:03 AM »
Have you seen an opthamologist?
Proverbs 22:7

Online Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 04:11:17 AM »
Make the sign of the Cross and say prayers to St. Michael the Archangel. I have no idea what this is, and I am not qualified to speculate. My humble opinion (and I'm just a sinful layman) is that you should not concern yourself with whether or not this is demonic. Perhaps it is and perhaps it isn't. Either way, God is allowing you to experience this strange unpleasantness. What comes to mind is St. Paul's thorn in the flesh. He prayed three times for God to remove it, but God allowed it to remain. So try taking St. Paul's approach. Ask God to remove this from you, and if He allows it to remain then ask Him for the grace to live with it accordingly. Try to deal with it like a form of spiritual arthritis. If you can't make it go away, then do your best to ignore it by occupying your mind with other things - preferably spiritually productive things. But as others have said, please do consult a Priest that you trust about this matter.

"Lord have mercy."

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Romaios

• Archon
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 04:46:22 AM »
The 'blue pearl' is a phenomenon that arises due to basic human spiritual physiology. It is essentially no different from various siddhis (such as clairvoyance) that result from yogic practice. Just notice it's there, and pay no further attention to it.

Yay! Jetavan is back!  :)

Offline jah777

• Archon
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2013, 08:50:46 AM »

sigh... if only I could

Do you know how to write a letter?

Are you saying only a discerning spiritual father would know the answer or "that lump is malignant and it needs to come out now!"

In your OP, you made no mention of a lump but considered this phenomenon to be spiritual/demonic in nature.  If you think you have a lump that needs to be checked out, by all means see a physician of the body.  If you think it is spiritual in nature, see a physician of the soul.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2013, 08:52:21 AM »

In your OP, you made no mention of a lump but considered this phenomenon to be spiritual/demonic in nature.  If you think you have a lump that needs to be checked out, by all means see a physician of the body.  If you think it is spiritual in nature, see a physician of the soul.

IMHO, he should see the physician of the body first. If nothing is found, then spiritual guidance should be sought. Simple symptoms can often develop into complex problems.

If it was me, I wouldn't risk my eyesight. I'd get this checked out.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 08:54:55 AM by LBK »
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline peacenprayer

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2013, 08:54:59 AM »
Yes, go talk to someone. However if it remained immediately after baptism its no demon. Nothings making it past that.
Ran away to wear a black night gown and a funny hat. Pray for me!

Offline Jetavan

• Argumentum ad australopithecum
  • Taxiarches
  • Tenzin and Desmond
    • The Mystical Theology
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2013, 09:07:11 AM »

Yay! Jetavan is back!  :)
I've been on sabbatical. :)
If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Offline Bryan Paul

• Elder
  • Chrismated: 2015-08-30
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2013, 10:18:21 AM »
Sincere questions (and suggested answers):

For 20 years I've continued to see a classic kundalini symtom called the "blue pearl" ... "A brilliant blue light, the size of a tiny seed, which appears to the meditator whose energy has been awakened."

Is there any reason to assume this is a supernatural manifestation and not a physical, retinal issue? My ophthalmologist informed me that flashing blue lights are an indication of your retina tugging at the optic nerve. It's not always detectable if it's minor. I get these occasionally.

What's it like?  It's exactly like when a red laser light hits your retina except it's blue.

I would suggest that, if you know what a laser in the eye looks like, you might have damaged your retina at some point, and the most logical conclusion is that the blue lights are a result of that. Is it common in Orthodox Christianity to look for supernatural explanations first?

It's unmistakable really and was also confirmed by the "guru" of the group most associated with it - lest anyone suppose I'm imagining this or it's a "mental image" or any such thing.

If you are a Christian, why do you put any stock in what a "guru" of a contrary religion/philosophy says? As someone who has recently become interested in Orthodoxy, I'm kind of concerned that the validity of this "kundalini" stuff is being tacitly accepted by so many Orthodox Christians in this thread. It goes contrary to everything I've learned about Orthodoxy so far.
Dads of Orthodoxy:
On MeWeOn Facebook

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2013, 10:25:30 AM »
Sincere questions (and suggested answers):

For 20 years I've continued to see a classic kundalini symtom called the "blue pearl" ... "A brilliant blue light, the size of a tiny seed, which appears to the meditator whose energy has been awakened."

Is there any reason to assume this is a supernatural manifestation and not a physical, retinal issue? My ophthalmologist informed me that flashing blue lights are an indication of your retina tugging at the optic nerve. It's not always detectable if it's minor. I get these occasionally.

What's it like?  It's exactly like when a red laser light hits your retina except it's blue.

I would suggest that, if you know what a laser in the eye looks like, you might have damaged your retina at some point, and the most logical conclusion is that the blue lights are a result of that. Is it common in Orthodox Christianity to look for supernatural explanations first?

It's unmistakable really and was also confirmed by the "guru" of the group most associated with it - lest anyone suppose I'm imagining this or it's a "mental image" or any such thing.

If you are a Christian, why do you put any stock in what a "guru" of a contrary religion/philosophy says? As someone who has recently become interested in Orthodoxy, I'm kind of concerned that the validity of this "kundalini" stuff is being tacitly accepted by so many Orthodox Christians in this thread. It goes contrary to everything I've learned about Orthodoxy so far.
It is on the internet. In real life, if you went to your priest and asked him about it, he would probably look at you quizzically and ask when your eye doctor appt is.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:26:04 AM by TheTrisagion »
God bless!

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2013, 10:48:47 AM »
[...]
[...]

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your interest.  As mentioned, my optometrist says the inside of my eye, optic nerve, etc. are fine but I've not been to an ophthalmologist.  The main reason why I'm fairly certain this has no mechanical cause is how it's almost invariably associated with spiritual contemplation.  During one meditation retreat it was happening 30 -50 times per hour - playing chess never.  Reading spiritual books - many times.  Reading news - never.

Whether it's a good or bad thing I don't know.  Whether it's a demon or a natural part of "spiritual physiology" I don't know.   I don't "put stock in gurus" (well... not any more!)  I only mentioned it so others might be less inclined to assume I'm imagining it. I think the truth is none of us here (especially me) have any certain knowledge about this light.

Congratulations on your interest in Orthodoxy - I hope oc.net doesn't give you a bad impression ;)    Good luck with your search ... may God guide you!

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2013, 10:53:56 AM »
The main reason why I'm fairly certain this has no mechanical cause is how it's almost invariably associated with spiritual contemplation.

Self-diagnosis is a dangerous thing.

Offline jah777

• Archon
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2013, 10:58:02 AM »

He can correct me if I'm wrong, and I don't wish to put words in his mouth, but it sounds as though he started having this experience prior to becoming an Orthodox Christian, that before he was Orthodox he was involved with gurus and was told by a guru that this is a "kundalini" phenomenon, and now that he is an Orthodox Christian he does not accept the Hindu explanation for this phenomenon and wants to understand how to properly understand this phenomenon as an Orthodox Christian.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Freemason Homo Church Infiltrator
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2013, 10:59:20 AM »
So, were you a Hindu or yogi?
[...]
[...]

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your interest.  As mentioned, my optometrist says the inside of my eye, optic nerve, etc. are fine but I've not been to an ophthalmologist.  The main reason why I'm fairly certain this has no mechanical cause is how it's almost invariably associated with spiritual contemplation.  During one meditation retreat it was happening 30 -50 times per hour - playing chess never.  Reading spiritual books - many times.  Reading news - never.

Whether it's a good or bad thing I don't know.  Whether it's a demon or a natural part of "spiritual physiology" I don't know.   I don't "put stock in gurus" (well... not any more!)  I only mentioned it so others might be less inclined to assume I'm imagining it. I think the truth is none of us here (especially me) have any certain knowledge about this light.

Congratulations on your interest in Orthodoxy - I hope oc.net doesn't give you a bad impression ;)    Good luck with your search ... may God guide you!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 11:00:00 AM by hecma925 »
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Romaios

• Archon
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2013, 11:12:40 AM »

In your OP, you made no mention of a lump but considered this phenomenon to be spiritual/demonic in nature.  If you think you have a lump that needs to be checked out, by all means see a physician of the body.  If you think it is spiritual in nature, see a physician of the soul.

IMHO, he should see the physician of the body first. If nothing is found, then spiritual guidance should be sought. Simple symptoms can often develop into complex problems.

If it was me, I wouldn't risk my eyesight. I'd get this checked out.

Could be a neurological issue - the possibility of a brain lesion/tumor needs to be ruled out.

The main reason why I'm fairly certain this has no mechanical cause is how it's almost invariably associated with spiritual contemplation.

Certain areas of the brain are associated with particular mental activities.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 11:17:28 AM by Romaios »

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2013, 11:17:46 AM »

Dear LBK,

Thank you sincerely for your concerns about my physical health but I don't feel a need to try to find some mechanical cause for every little thing that comes along - there's just WAY too many of them!   ;)

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2013, 11:19:52 AM »
He can correct me if I'm wrong, and I don't wish to put words in his mouth, but it sounds as though he started having this experience prior to becoming an Orthodox Christian, that before he was Orthodox he was involved with gurus and was told by a guru that this is a "kundalini" phenomenon, and now that he is an Orthodox Christian he does not accept the Hindu explanation for this phenomenon and wants to understand how to properly understand this phenomenon as an Orthodox Christian.

yes, 20 years before becoming Christian.  yes,  and yes.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2013, 11:25:55 AM »

Dear LBK,

Thank you sincerely for your concerns about my physical health but I don't feel a need to try to find some mechanical cause for every little thing that comes along - there's just WAY too many of them!   ;)

I've seen many a consequence of self-diagnosis in 30 years' experience in the health field. Men are also notoriously resistant to seeking medical advice.  :(
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 11:26:13 AM by LBK »

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2013, 11:42:31 AM »
I've seen many a consequence of self-diagnosis in 30 years' experience in the health field. Men are also notoriously resistant to seeking medical advice.  :(

For medical problems I seek medical advice ... like when I suffered more than a half dozen acute gall bladder attacks I went to doctors and they did find the cause - eventually - after misdiagnosing it for a year. 

This may come as a surprise to you but not everything has a medical explanation!  no, really.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2013, 11:44:31 AM »

For medical problems I seek medical advice ... like when I suffered more than a half dozen acute gall bladder attacks I went to doctors and they did find the cause - eventually - after misdiagnosing it for a year. 

This may come as a surprise to you but not everything has a medical explanation!  no, really.

Perhaps not, but it is usually a good place to start when dealing with afflictions such as this.
God bless!