Author Topic: persistent kundalini "demon"? would you be concerned ?  (Read 18958 times)

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
Re: persistent kundalini "demon"? would you be concerned ?
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2013, 12:59:44 PM »
For example... I didn't see this light yesterday at all but this morning I was lying in bed daydreaming about the church's political disorganization in the near future and the thought occurred "it doesn't matter what happens to the worldly organization of the church it only matters what one's true spiritual connection is to God"  then immediately *  <-- for 1 second.

It basically never appears any other time than in some apparently meaningful relation to a thought about spirituality - but I never know what the meaning is.  Is it a kind of confirmation or a misleading deception?  I have no idea.

Or... maybe it's an eye problem?  I have another reason for not thinking so...  I've been very psychic all my life and frequently know things I should have no way of knowing - like the future for instance, like other people's minds.  Example:  one day my wife phones me from work and  says "guess what I saw today?" I instantly answer (correctly) "a photo of a man with a worm coming out of his leg".  How could I know that?  I don't know how I know some things but I know I know them.  I know this light is not a medical problem and I know a few of you definitely do NOT know me or what I'm talking about but seem to have a need to believe you do.

formerly known as theophan_c

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Hypatos
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2013, 01:28:35 PM »
Well, if you're demonstrably psychic to some degree, that does change my calculus quite a bit.  That's clearly connected to the blue pearl in the ajna chakra, and not to some medical issues.  Why didn't you just say so in the first place?  Or did you and I missed that? 

Not too many people have that particular confluence of spiritual gifts.  If they haven't been driven out through the exorcisms of baptism, clearly they are gifts given to one close to God.       
I think you can say ~ In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and post with charitable and prayerful intentions.

Offline PoorFoolNicholas

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2013, 02:15:33 PM »
Not too many people have that particular confluence of spiritual gifts.  If they haven't been driven out through the exorcisms of baptism, clearly they are gifts given to one close to God.

Absolutely agree 100%!!!

Offline IoanC

• Archon
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2013, 02:32:19 PM »
Not too many people have that particular confluence of spiritual gifts.  If they haven't been driven out through the exorcisms of baptism, clearly they are gifts given to one close to God.      

Why not? However, spiritual gifts are not uncommon, in whatever degree that they are. All people are meant to be spiritual and God is within all of us.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:33:19 PM by IoanC »

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2013, 02:37:22 PM »
Not too many people have that particular confluence of spiritual gifts.  If they haven't been driven out through the exorcisms of baptism, clearly they are gifts given to one close to God.      

Why not? However, spiritual gifts are not uncommon, in whatever degree that they are. All people are meant to be spiritual and God is within all of us.
God gives each of us different spiritual gifts.  Gifts such as clairvoyance have historically been extremely rare in the Church.  Not saying that the OP can't have it, but there are probably far more people who believe they have a certain spiritual gift than actually do.
God bless!

Offline mabsoota

• Archon
  • Kyrie eleison
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox (Coptic)
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2013, 02:39:24 PM »
i actually don't agree that if you are still 'psychic' after exorcism and baptism that it must be from God.
definitely demons can deceive Christians, even orthodox Christians. the demons like us to be proud and to think we are in control of our spiritual awareness.

NO ONE IS EVER IN CONTROL OF HIS OR HER SPIRITUAL AWARENESS

if it comes from God, God can limit or increase the amount you know about the future, e.g. if you are very humble and try to conceal your spiritual abilities and spend all your free time praying or doing humble tasks for others (like cleaning the toilet when no one knows about it) then God may give you more gifts. all the spiritual fathers and mothers from orthodox church history who performed miracles or prophecy were very humble (like abba tomas, one of the coptic desert fathers in the 400s AD). God is in control. as you submit your will to God's will at all times, you will be closer to him, but He is in control.

if it does not come from God, the demons will try to deceive you so you think you are controlling it, but in fact they are controlling you. the more you use the 'gift', the further you will get from God and the prouder you will become.
see, by example this (number 12 in the link below):

Some brothers came to find Abba Anthony to tell him about the visions they were having, and to find out from him if they were true or if they came from the demons. They had a donkey, which died on the way. When they reached the place where the old man was, he said to them before they could ask him anything, ‘How was it that the little donkey died on the way here?’ They said, ‘How do you know about that, Father?’ And he told them, ‘The demons showed me what happened.’ So they said, ‘That was what we came to question you about, for fear we were being deceived, for we have visions which often turn out to be true.’ Thus the old man convinced them, by the example of the donkey, that their visions came from the demons.

thanks to:- http://stanthonylc.org/about/who-is-saint-anthony/
for letting me copy and paste the story (it is a very well known story in our church).
so, please, please be careful in the area of supernatural knowledge.

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2013, 02:40:21 PM »
This is all pagan stuff.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline NightOwl

• High Elder
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2013, 02:53:03 PM »
I had an eye injury when I was younger and the ophthalmologist warned that seeing flashing lights in the future could indicate a serious retinal tear. Since the injury my field of vision has also been clouded with objects in the vitreous gel of the eye called "floaters", which can take a variety of shapes and degrees of transparency (some are darker than others). There is a possibility that this is what you are experiencing- please visit an ophthalmologist ASAP. Everyone gets floaters as they age but a sudden onset could indicate serious problems.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fJ-1QCmLphA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGj5tRzQIU0
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 03:10:51 PM by NightOwl »

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2013, 06:32:33 PM »
I had an eye injury when I was younger and the ophthalmologist warned that seeing flashing lights in the future could indicate a serious retinal tear. Since the injury my field of vision has also been clouded with objects in the vitreous gel of the eye called "floaters", which can take a variety of shapes and degrees of transparency (some are darker than others). There is a possibility that this is what you are experiencing- please visit an ophthalmologist ASAP. Everyone gets floaters as they age but a sudden onset could indicate serious problems.

Don't hold your breath, NightOwl. Feofan has long ago made up his mind.  ::) ::) :P
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:33:41 PM by LBK »
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2013, 07:06:34 PM »
I agree it is very dangerous and unwise to feel pride of ownership about any of our gifts from God.  Whether this silly blue light is a gift of God or something from a demon I really don't know.  I have prayed to God that it be removed but so far it hasn't - nor have I ever placed much stock in being occasionally psychic.  Believe it or not, my predominant interest has always been to know the truth - whatever it was - whatever the cost.

I agree it is very dangerous and unwise to mistake one's subjective feelings (let alone fantasies) for being more than they are or to be from God.  None the less we all have feelings - some of which do seem very elevated or inspired.  This caused me great discomfort because I was trying very hard to know God, to be closer to God, to give myself completely to God by following His commandments as best I could - and yet how could I ever know I wasn't just fooling myself? 

I began to pray very fervently that God respond to me in some way that I could not mistake as being from any other source than Him.  I implored the saints I really believed in that they would beseech God for the same thing on my behalf.  This went on for many months until one day my wife shouted out "NO... no!" and I realized a child was about to be run over by a car.  In a single instant my heartfelt prayer to God for the safety of that child was not only answered miraculously right in front of both of us but more importantly my spirit was informed the child would be perfectly OK and THEN we saw the miracle happen.  The "place" where the assurance was given and the "agent" through which the assurance was given convinced me absolutely that there is a God Who is not only aware of the slightest movements of our hearts but He can and will respond to us.

For some reason God put me in a situation where I would spontaneously ask for the right thing in the right way and then He gave it.  I can take no credit for that (anyone would have done the same) and all I take away from the experience (beside the certainty of God's closeness and preparedness to respond) was the possible importance of what we pray for - for the good of others - for God's will to be done - these prayers might be more likely to be answered.

From previous experience I can also say (I am ashamed to admit) that the devil is also very close to each and every one of us and I think any of us could go either way.  May God help us and guide us all.

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2013, 07:14:15 PM »

Don't hold your breath, NightOwl. Feofan has long ago made up his mind.  ::) ::) :P

I have floaters too but this ain't they ... this blue light has been an infrequent visitor for around  25 years so it's not exactly "sudden onset" either .  Thank you both for caring though and good luck with your long term recovery from injury NightOwl.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 07:16:40 PM by Феофан »

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Hypatos
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2013, 08:24:11 PM »
Well, if you're demonstrably psychic to some degree, that does change my calculus quite a bit.  That's clearly connected to the blue pearl in the ajna chakra, and not to some medical issues.  Why didn't you just say so in the first place?  Or did you and I missed that? 

For the record, I was absolutely 100% kidding.  I said this to test a hypothesis.   
I think you can say ~ In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and post with charitable and prayerful intentions.

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2013, 08:44:31 PM »
Well, if you're demonstrably psychic to some degree, that does change my calculus quite a bit.  That's clearly connected to the blue pearl in the ajna chakra, and not to some medical issues.  Why didn't you just say so in the first place?  Or did you and I missed that?  

For the record, I was absolutely 100% kidding.  I said this to test a hypothesis.    

How did your test work out for you, Mor  ?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 08:45:46 PM by Феофан »

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Hypatos
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2013, 08:50:56 PM »
Preliminary results appear to confirm my hypothesis, but more testing is necessary.  At any rate, I'll be publishing my findings in So What?!, the journal of the American Association of People Who Really Don't Care.  :)

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2013, 10:26:32 PM »
Preliminary results appear to confirm my hypothesis, but more testing is necessary.  At any rate, I'll be publishing my findings in So What?!, the journal of the American Association of People Who Really Don't Care.  :)

have fun with that Mor

Offline IoanC

• Archon
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2013, 01:18:26 AM »

God gives each of us different spiritual gifts.  Gifts such as clairvoyance have historically been extremely rare in the Church.  Not saying that the OP can't have it, but there are probably far more people who believe they have a certain spiritual gift than actually do.

Gifts come in various degrees and flavors. You don't have to be a super-saint to experience some sort of clairvoyance.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Freemason Homo Church Infiltrator
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2013, 07:15:35 AM »
Is that a quarterly or....you know what, I don't care. ;D
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Gayle

« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2013, 10:38:24 AM »
You need to quit concerning your self with this blue light. It's not good to do so.when God wants your attention you will know! Don't look for gifts just work at being a God pleas-er.

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2013, 12:30:30 PM »
You need to quit concerning your self with this blue light. It's not good to do so.when God wants your attention you will know! Don't look for gifts just work at being a God pleas-er.

perhaps you missed my saying the following previous to your suggestion

[...] Whether this silly blue light is a gift of God or something from a demon I really don't know.  I have prayed to God that it be removed but so far it hasn't - nor have I ever placed much stock in being occasionally psychic.  Believe it or not, my predominant interest has always been to know the truth - whatever it was - whatever the cost.

So no, actually I'm not that concerned about seeing light or having gifts but "yes" I think your advice would be good for anyone regardless.

Offline Nacho

• OC.net guru
  • The face of Corporate America
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2013, 03:35:51 AM »
^^Did you ever stop to think that this blue spherical light you are seeing may be your guardian angel?
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Hypatos
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2013, 12:16:22 PM »
Or it could be the Holy Light that flashes from the Holy Sepulchre on the eve of Pascha.  That's widely reported to be bluish in hue.  Blue is also associated with Our Lady, so maybe it's her visiting. 

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2013, 09:13:11 AM »
Or it could be the Holy Light that flashes from the Holy Sepulchre on the eve of Pascha.  That's widely reported to be bluish in hue.  Blue is also associated with Our Lady, so maybe it's her visiting. 
I'm with Mor on this one.  I think this is probably the most likely scenario.
God bless!

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2013, 11:21:43 AM »
 ... Mor irrelevant hilarity

Nobody I know believes the blue pearl has anything to do with Christianity (except as a joke) - it's definitely "pagan stuff" (as Michal suggested) and Fr. Seraphim Rose specifically and unambiguously identified this particular light as demonic. 

According to Google, more than a few people see this thing but in my opinion, they are deluded to imagine it is spiritually "good" or they are "special" because of seeing it.

Meditation on the Soul is very powerful. The essence of this spiritual practice is to concentrate and be aware of the "seed of consciousness" or the "blue pearl" at the center of the head, and eventually become one with the higher soul.
      - Master Choa Kok Sui, Meditations for Soul Realization, p. 112

What exactly is the blue pearl? The blue pearl is the “seed of consciousness” or the mental permanent seed, found in the crown chakra, and located in the pineal gland. Through regular and prolonged meditation on the blue pearl or the seed of consciousness, one gradually experiences one’s true nature, which is called the “Buddha Nature” in Buddhism.
      - Master Choa Kok Sui, Om Mani Padme Hum: The Blue Pearl in the Golden Lotus, p. 55  http://www.souledout.org/healing/bluedot/bluemore.html

So the question might then be asked "why do so many meditators have the kind of retina damage which causes this vision of light?" - but I'd be 100% kidding if I asked it.

Offline Romaios

• Archon
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2013, 11:29:29 AM »
... Mor irrelevant hilarity

Hathayoga Pradipika, 3rd Chapter:

Verse 32: Kechari Mudra is done by inserting the tongue into the hole in the soft palate at the roof of the mouth, by turning it backward.

33. In order to be successful, the tongue must lengthened into a Lambika (such as the long tongue of Goddess Kali). Sometimes cutting the frenulum (the mucus membrane that holds back the underside of the tongue to the floor of the mouth) is necessary. Else, pull or move your tongue around constantly. When it gets long enough, to reach the point between the eyebrows, then Kechari becomes possible.

36. The frenulum is cut 1/2 millimeter each day and the wound is sealed. In 6 months, the tongue becomes free & quite long. (Note: Dont eat food or drink that are too hot like chilli or too sour. This will make the tongue thicker and interfere with Khechari.)

38. A Yogi adept in Khechari, who turns his tongue upward in his seat (usually Siddhasana), is impervious to poisons, disease, ageing and death.

39. He overcomes disease, death, sleep, laziness, hunger, thirst, and fainting.

43. NECTAR: If a Yogi can drink the Juice of Soma (Moon) by meditating in Khechari mudra, surely he subdues Death within 15 days!

44. The Khechari expert cannot be killed even if bitten by the most poisonous snake; because his body is imbued with nectar.

45. Death cannot enter a body which is full of Nectar secreted from Soma (The triangular Moon mandala inside Sahasrara, the 1000 petalled Lotus)

48. The Juice of Immortality is secreted by the moon.

49. Taste the nectar with the tip of the tongue. The Ambrosia may be salty, bitter, sour, milky, or, like ghee(clarified butter) or, honey. Be free from disease, old age, be thou immortal and pull astral beings by the magnetic force.

50. The nectar falls from the Moon in the brain to the 8 petalled lotus near the heart. He who catches it by balancing Prana and doing Khechari and meditates on the source of all Power (Kundalini or Mahashakti or Almighty or whatever you call it!) becomes free from all physical ailments and lives a very long life.

Source

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2013, 11:35:45 AM »
Hey, where can I get that juice of Soma, maybe that would cure the blue dots!  ;)
God bless!

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Hypatos
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2013, 12:55:10 PM »
So the question might then be asked "why do so many meditators have the kind of retina damage which causes this vision of light?" - but I'd be 100% kidding if I asked it.

You don't get it. 

It's not that "so many meditators" have retinal damage.  You asked us about you.  So we advised, among other things, seeing a physician.  Maybe ten meditators are seeing some pagan phenomena, and you have a medical problem.  Or maybe they have a medical problem, and you are seeing some pagan phenomena.  But we're not examining "so many meditators", we're talking about your personal situation because you brought it up.  If a hundred meditators are seeing demons, that doesn't mean you are.  Take care of yourself, you are responsible for that much.  And that means responsibly checking out all possibilities and ruling out what does not hold up under examination. 

But you seem to want only to check out certain possibilities, or to give credence only to some.  That's fine, that's on you.  But then don't expect people to affirm you in such irresponsibility.  You're lucky that all you're getting is "Mor irrelevant hilarity".     

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2013, 01:33:00 PM »

You don't get it. 

It's not that "so many meditators" have retinal damage.  You asked us about you.  So we advised, among other things, seeing a physician.  Maybe ten meditators are seeing some pagan phenomena, and you have a medical problem.  Or maybe they have a medical problem, and you are seeing some pagan phenomena.  But we're not examining "so many meditators", we're talking about your personal situation because you brought it up.  If a hundred meditators are seeing demons, that doesn't mean you are.  Take care of yourself, you are responsible for that much.  And that means responsibly checking out all possibilities and ruling out what does not hold up under examination. 

But you seem to want only to check out certain possibilities, or to give credence only to some.  That's fine, that's on you.  But then don't expect people to affirm you in such irresponsibility.  You're lucky that all you're getting is "Mor irrelevant hilarity".     

I do understand you Mor, I just disagree about the likelihood of it being a retina problem in my individual case and I've explained why.  Your affirmation would be meaningless to me. Thanks for your input. You don't need to reply further.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2013, 01:38:11 PM »

You don't get it.  

It's not that "so many meditators" have retinal damage.  You asked us about you.  So we advised, among other things, seeing a physician.  Maybe ten meditators are seeing some pagan phenomena, and you have a medical problem.  Or maybe they have a medical problem, and you are seeing some pagan phenomena.  But we're not examining "so many meditators", we're talking about your personal situation because you brought it up.  If a hundred meditators are seeing demons, that doesn't mean you are.  Take care of yourself, you are responsible for that much.  And that means responsibly checking out all possibilities and ruling out what does not hold up under examination.  

But you seem to want only to check out certain possibilities, or to give credence only to some.  That's fine, that's on you.  But then don't expect people to affirm you in such irresponsibility.  You're lucky that all you're getting is "Mor irrelevant hilarity".    

I do understand you Mor, I just disagree about the likelihood of it being a retina problem in my individual case and I've explained why.  Your affirmation would be meaningless to me. Thanks for your input. You don't need to reply further.
Have you considered an exorcism?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:38:23 PM by TheTrisagion »
God bless!

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Hypatos
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2013, 01:54:32 PM »
You don't need to reply further.

I didn't need to at all, but thanks. 

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2013, 03:16:43 PM »

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2013, 03:24:45 PM »
Have you considered an exorcism?

Yes, I was very concerned about the many deep sustained elements of real darkness in my previous path and tried my best to convey this to my priest before baptism and specifically in the life confession.  I took the exorcism part of baptism literally.  At that time I hadn't read Fr. Seraphim Rose "Orthodoxy & the Religion of the Future" mentioning this specific light (and associated guru) so I probably didn't mention it specifically either.  I'm not certain I even consciously considered it to be demonic at the time.  Now I do.

I am going to discuss all this with my priest and get his take on it.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 03:39:36 PM by Феофан »

Offline Gayle

« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2013, 03:55:45 PM »
May  the lord have mercy on you an heal you!

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2013, 09:12:26 PM »
May  the lord have mercy on you an heal you!

Thanks Gayle ... I will gladly take all the prayers I can get. 

Over time this has become more an oddity than even an annoyance and I'm coming to the conclusion the real danger (for me) might be in my jumping to any conclusions about it at all - "good" or "bad".  While I'm quite certain it comes from some "spiritual" source other than God I don't think that necessarily means I am possessed just because God allows it to appear to me.  As long as I don't "own" it somehow or jump off the deep end about what it "really means" - I hope with God's help I'll be OK.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Hypatos
« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2013, 09:37:20 PM »
Over time this has become more an oddity than even an annoyance and I'm coming to the conclusion the real danger (for me) might be in my jumping to any conclusions about it at all - "good" or "bad".

+

While I'm quite certain it comes from some "spiritual" source other than God I don't think that necessarily means I am possessed just because God allows it to appear to me.

=

Offline PoorFoolNicholas

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2013, 09:39:11 PM »
This ^ cracks me up so much Mor!

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2013, 10:53:03 PM »
A "mor" carefully worded version would be:  "while I'm reasonably certain it comes from some non-physical source other than God, I feel any conclusion (good or bad) beyond that seems dangerous and unwarranted (for me)".  

I think the intended meaning was clear enough in my previous post but Mor was quick to point out an apparent contradiction.  Surely he did so in a spirit of trying to help me because a graduate from St. Vladamir's wouldn't speak to anyone here just to mock or insult them would he?

You are a graduate of St.Vladamir's aren't you Mor?  Are you planning to be a priest someday?  
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 10:54:07 PM by Феофан »

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2013, 10:57:35 PM »
OP, visual hallucinations are symptoms of medical conditions as well.

When was the last time you saw a doctor or medical professional?

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2013, 11:19:03 PM »

Have you read my previous posts in this thread?  Visual hallucinations don't generally start and stop happening in relation to spiritual focus.  When attending Siddha Yoga meditation retreats I would see this light once or twice per minute - but never like that any other time before or since.  I never see it when reading news or playing chess - only when I'm reading or contemplating some spiritual topic and then only at a meaningful juncture like the conclusion of something.

For what it's worth to those of you who insist I have an eye problem ... keep in mind the Siddha Yoga guru confirmed to me that what I see is exactly what they see and it is this group and this light specifically mentioned by Fr. Seraphim Rose as being demonic.

For the life of me I don't understand why that should be SO implausible for some of you to accept.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:20:27 PM by Феофан »

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #128 on: September 09, 2013, 11:34:08 PM »
I find much of what Fr. Seraphim said to be implausible, so bringing him up only makes me more suspicious. But then I have no clue what is going on with you, so...   I'm not sure where to go with this.

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2013, 12:12:37 AM »
But then I have no clue what is going on with you, so...   I'm not sure where to go with this.

I think that is very fair of you sir ... and it's a relief for me to know at least one person here is not convinced they know far better than I do though they have no direct experience of the topic.

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #130 on: September 10, 2013, 12:13:52 AM »

Have you read my previous posts in this thread?

Yes.

Visual hallucinations don't generally start and stop happening in relation to spiritual focus.

That doesn't mean you don't have visual hallucinations while focusing spiritually.

When attending Siddha Yoga meditation retreats I would see this light once or twice per minute - but never like that any other time before or since.

Why participate in Siddha Yoga meditation retreats?

I never see it when reading news or playing chess - only when I'm reading or contemplating some spiritual topic and then only at a meaningful juncture like the conclusion of something.

You read news, play chess and practice Siddha Yoga - no other activities?

For what it's worth to those of you who insist I have an eye problem ... keep in mind the Siddha Yoga guru confirmed to me that what I see is exactly what they see and it is this group and this light specifically mentioned by Fr. Seraphim Rose as being demonic.

For the life of me I don't understand why that should be SO implausible for some of you to accept.

If you have a correlation between seeing "demonic" lights and practicing Siddha Yoga, why not stop the Siddha Yoga?  If you still see lights, then consult with a medical professional.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Hypatos
« Reply #131 on: September 10, 2013, 12:41:01 AM »
A "mor" carefully worded version would be:  "while I'm reasonably certain it comes from some non-physical source other than God, I feel any conclusion (good or bad) beyond that seems dangerous and unwarranted (for me)".  

I think the intended meaning was clear enough in my previous post but Mor was quick to point out an apparent contradiction.  Surely he did so in a spirit of trying to help me because a graduate from St. Vladamir's wouldn't speak to anyone here just to mock or insult them would he?

Actually, my first five or six contributions to this thread were my attempt to offer serious advice to help you regarding the initial question(s) you posed at the beginning.  But over the course of the thread you seemed to me and to others to have a definite opinion about what is going on with you, and therefore not to want to pursue certain avenues of investigation that are a matter of prudence and common sense for Christians (Orthodox or not), while leaping into (IMO) wild conjecture regarding what are, to you, more probable causes.  That's dangerous on numerous levels.  You're welcome to consider it insulting, but if people can't reach you through conventional means, they will try others hoping that something will click and you will start thinking and acting more sensibly. 

Ultimately, though, it is your life, and you are free to do with it as you please.  But when you keep putting yourself and your self-diagnoses out there and make snide remarks against those who have tried to help you with advice with which you disagree, don't sanctimoniously pretend to be a victim.         

You are a graduate of St.Vladamir's aren't you Mor?  Are you planning to be a priest someday?  

Yes and no.  The angels rejoice.   

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Hypatos
« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2013, 12:44:40 AM »
Visual hallucinations don't generally start and stop happening in relation to spiritual focus.  

Maybe you should consult a psychiatrist. 

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2013, 09:42:47 AM »
Why participate in Siddha Yoga meditation retreats?
[...]
If you have a correlation between seeing "demonic" lights and practicing Siddha Yoga, why not stop the Siddha Yoga?  If you still see lights, then consult with a medical professional.

I attended Siddha Yoga retreats maybe 25 years ago and stopped after 1 or 2 years.  Seeing their "blue pearl" has been intermittent since, sometimes not for several months.  I've been Christian for only 1 year.

Offline Феофан

• High Elder
« Reply #134 on: September 10, 2013, 09:43:42 AM »

Maybe you should consult a psychiatrist. 
Perhaps I should but not for this reason.