OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 27, 2014, 05:25:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the greek orthodox churchs views on agnostics  (Read 437 times) Average Rating: 0
piechart777
Moderated

Faith: greek orthodox

« on: August 27, 2013, 03:55:22 PM »

just wondering???
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 03:56:50 PM »

I would guess something along the lines of: "They should convert," though conversion could have multiple senses here, depending on where exactly the person was as far as ecclesiastical affiliation, what is going on in their life, etc.

Joe: 'Is it creepy for a 35 year old guy to date a 19 year old girl?'
Desiree: 'Not if she's the one to push for the relationship, babe.'
Joe: 'But...'
Desiree: 'You'll shut up if you're smart.'
Joe: 'Ok.'
piechart777
Moderated

Faith: greek orthodox

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 04:24:18 PM »

thank you i would also like to know how the greek orthodox church views the writings of plato demostheones aristotle confucious decates greek philosophers if possible
Suspected duplicate account of phil2190 and
nintendo6941 - MK.
 Based on evidence presented to me, it's obvious that this is a duplicate account of "nintendo6941" and "phil2190."  Your "phil2190" account is still available, but we will ban any parallel accounts you create to circumvent your primary account.

+ Fr. George
Forum Administrator
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:28:48 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged
katherineofdixie
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 04:28:56 PM »

thank you i would also like to know how the greek orthodox church views the writings of plato demostheones aristotle confucious decates greek philosophers if possible

Not to nitpick, but "confucious" (you mean "Confucius", I think?) and "decates" (do you mean "Descartes"?) were not Greek philosophers.

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
Cyrillic
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 04:35:40 PM »

Only two of those on your list (Aristotle and Plato) were Greek philosophers. One of them was a Greek rhetorician (Demosthenes* - not Demostheones) and the rest weren't even Greek.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:42:31 PM by Cyrillic » Logged

"Copiare il vero può essere una buona cosa, ma inventare il vero è meglio, molto meglio. "
-Giuseppe Verdi
WPM
Archon

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 05:34:28 PM »

Agnostic is the natural philosophical worldview of man in terms of religion and science
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: