OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 20, 2014, 10:28:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Misreading Scripture through Western Eyes  (Read 252 times) Average Rating: 0
GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« on: August 23, 2013, 05:30:18 PM »

"Misreading Scripture Through Western Eyes: Removing Cultural Binders to Better Understand the Bible" by E. Randolph Richards
http://www.amazon.com/Misreading-Scripture-Western-Eyes-Understand/dp/0830837825/ref=sr_1_12?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1377292514&sr=1-12&keywords=kenneth+e.+bailey

"Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes: Cultural Studies in the Gospels"
http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Through-Middle-Eastern-Eyes/dp/0830825681/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_y

It's been awhile since I've gotten excited over a book, but these two books have really intrigued me.  Especially because I've began studying Scripture.  Has anyone read either of these books?  If so, what did you think about them?

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

"Yes, you are a white supremacist, ..."  ~Iconodule
Gayle

Faith: Orthodox christan
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 07:09:42 PM »

No I have not,Al thought I would like to.I did listen to AFR on Making sense of the difficult sayings Jesus by Daniel Fanous,this is my kind of stuff! Looking forward to reading the 2 books you have suggested. Smiley
WPM
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 08:45:06 PM »

I like reading The life of Buddha.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: