Author Topic: Charlie Hunnam Gets Christian Grey Role In ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’  (Read 1725 times)

Offline emilysmith

This is an official Warning.  All articles must have the source accompanying them.  Either a link, or some kind of source cited must be attached to the original article.  Please make sure to source your articles in the future.  /warning   Source Added
http://www.deadline.com/tag/el-james/
UPDATE: Universal just made this official. The studio release is at the bottom of the original break.

BREAKING: Sons of Anarchy star Charlie Hunnam has officially been set to play Christian Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey, the Universal Pictures and Focus Features adaptation of the runaway bestselling book series. Hunnam, who had been rumored for weeks, more recently starred in the Guillermo Del Toro-directed Pacific Rim. Author EL James made the casting official on her Twitter page. Sam Taylor-Johnson is directing a script by Kelly Marcel and Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti are producing along with the author.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:45:10 PM by serb1389 »
Learn About Education | Watch Live TV

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Re: Charlie Hunnam Gets Christian Grey Role In ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 12:50:55 AM »
Pseudo-smut for housewives who are bored in the bedroom but don't want anything edgier than you would find at Walmart. Wonderful.  8)

Dakota Johnson

Had to look her up on Google. Her face sort of reminds me of Gillian Anderson somewhat.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 12:53:12 AM »
Possibly the wrong sort of 'christian' news ...
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline Tamara

• Archon
  • +Pray for Orthodox Unity+
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 02:17:53 AM »
I can't believe how many women fall for this kind of trash. First, we had all the vampire books and movie nonsense marketed to young girls. Then they aim this 50 shades of hell to middle-aged women. Our pop culture is complete garbage.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 02:20:55 AM »
I can't believe how many women fall for this kind of trash. First, we had all the vampire books and movie nonsense marketed to young girls. Then they aim this 50 shades of hell to middle-aged women. Our pop culture is complete garbage.

+1

Except that I can believe it. Never underestimate Babylon's desire for the lowest common denominator.

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Partially-overlapping
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 02:27:53 AM »
A fanfic is being made into a movie.

The last standard has been breached.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:28:07 AM by NicholasMyra »
Quote from: Fr. Thomas Hopko, dystopian parable of the prodigal son
...you can imagine so-called healing services of the pigpen. The books that could be written, you know: Life in the Pigpen. How to Cope in the Pigpen. Being Happy in the Pigpen. Surviving in the Pigpen. And then there could be counselling, for people who feel unhappy in the pigpen, to try to get them to come to terms with the pigpen, and to accept the pigpen.

Offline Nicene

• High Elder
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 03:06:01 AM »
Add that to the list of things I never want to see.
Thank you.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • Care to join me in a maniacal laughter?
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 05:16:15 AM »
We survived Twilight, we will survive 50 Shades too.

This too shall pass, this too shall pass...
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 05:45:50 AM »
We survived Twilight, we will survive 50 Shades too.

This too shall pass, this too shall pass...

Like a kidney stone.  ;)

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 07:05:52 AM »
This is how I imagine that the 50 Shades series was birthed:  high school girl picks up the book "The story of O."  It impresses her quite a bit.  In University freshman composition class, her assignment is to write a novella of whatever topic.  So 50 Shades is born of teenage misunderstanding, poor storytelling, and zero knowledge of what Seattle is like.  And that's 50 Shades.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 07:09:37 AM »
This is how I imagine that the 50 Shades series was birthed:  high school girl picks up the book "The story of O."  It impresses her quite a bit.  In University freshman composition class, her assignment is to write a novella of whatever topic.  So 50 Shades is born of teenage misunderstanding, poor storytelling, and zero knowledge of what Seattle is like.  And that's 50 Shades.

I wish. Really.

If the author had read O, she would have begun to understood BDSM.

I'm not convinced she's been to university. If she had, her heroine wouldn't be an English major of the 21st century who doesn't know how to use a computer.

50 Shades is basically Twilight with the numbers filed off. Take out the vampires, and all you're left with is a disturbingly abusive relationship.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 07:14:04 AM »

I wish. Really.

I'm not convinced she's been to university. If she had, her heroine wouldn't be an English major of the 21st century who doesn't know how to use a computer.

50 Shades is basically Twilight with the numbers filed off. Take out the vampires, and all you're left with is a disturbingly abusive relationship.

I'm pretty sure she at least went to English 101.  No student in those classes are any good.  I know I was pretty horrible.  I've heard of the Twilight angle plenty and I don't disagree with it at all.  Both series are worthless.  But at least people are reading, right?  (insert sarcasm) ::)
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 07:16:29 AM »

I wish. Really.

I'm pretty sure she at least went to English 101.  No student in those classes are any good.  I know I was pretty horrible.  I've heard of the Twilight angle plenty and I don't disagree with it at all.  Both series are worthless.  But at least people are reading, right?  (insert sarcasm) ::)

When someone suggests I read 50 Shades, I suggest they read Kushiel's Legacy. Half of those who pick it up give up because it's too 'lit' and doesn't get to the smut quickly enough; the other half cry their eyes out and are hooked.

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~