OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 20, 2014, 12:10:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So I slept with an abortionist whore  (Read 3364 times) Average Rating: 1
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2013, 11:18:57 PM »

Oh c'mon!  This is a straight troll thread!  How the heck are any of you taking this seriously?!?!

It makes us look holy. 

If we yell "TROLL!" at every post that seems ridiculous, what happens when it's not a troll at all?

Better to give our advice and hope for the best, than not give any advice for fear that we might be "feeding the troll."

There may very well be sheep amongst all the those that seem like goats.

Amen.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2013, 11:25:06 PM »

Honestly I don't care if it was a sin for me to sleep with her or not, since I don't feel bad about it. If it was a sin I could have told you, Yes, it was a sin because I feel bad about it/convicted in my concsience. This woman however has felt bad doing every abortion she's had including this one, yet she still thinks she has done the right thing all three times. That's when you are a complete retard. She's 30 now and my only hope for her is that she dies childless and alone. The cat she likes so much can give her company.

She sleeps with the lamp on every night because she has demons visiting her, yet she thinks the only reason I believe in God is because I didn't have a father. Does anyone get more stupid than that?

The sinfulness of an action is not determined by our feelings.

And, the conscience is often dulled or even silenced when we continue in sins--even without realizing what we have done is a sin. It begins not to work properly. It is healed through repentance and the grace of God through the sacraments, and prayer and struggle against sin.

If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2013, 11:26:42 PM »

Did this thread come out of the Twilight Zone?

No Michael.  If some people would spend less time on the internet and get out an really talk to people, they would see that the OP is not alone, nor is it the worst of what is said and believed by many people - even those claiming to be Orthodox.  These people cry out to us in their own way, and that way is not always what we expect or what we are comfortalble with.  It is so much easier to sit on a computer and let the world know how holy we are than it is to actually confront another human being face to face as Christ did, and to accept and help them regardless of what is said the first few times around.  I hope the OP finds what he is looking for.

Indeed. Well put, Punch.

LBK
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2013, 11:28:47 PM »

Interesting that jaroslavkourakin hasn't returned to this thread ....
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2013, 11:29:54 PM »

What do you mean, he has made many posts in this thread.  Huh

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
LBK
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2013, 11:36:37 PM »

What do you mean, he has made many posts in this thread.  Huh

My bad, I missed a page.  Embarrassed
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2013, 12:17:53 AM »

And this is why we are commanded to have sexual relations only in the sacrament of marriage.

I agree so much.

This is so sad.... Horrible.

As a parent of 5 children, it is heart wrenching to hear of a child being murdered most often for prideful reasons, material wealth, and "convenience".

To the OP, I'm a sinner and I am not judging you.  Keep sexual relations in marriage.   Love your future spouse and stop this adulterous practice.  Does sin begat sin?

My wife and I tried 3 times to offer to pay for the medical care and adoption (legal) of children that were going to be aborted.  Two 15 year olds and one 16 year old.   We begged and pleaded with their parents, gave them scriptures, and told them "it is on your terms - open or not - but please let us adopt".   We prayed so hard....

All 3 of them murdered their children.

Reason on all 3: "We didn't want them embarrassed or to take them out of school".

Cry

But this thread has inspired me to talk with my wife again, stick another ad on Craigslist, and make the offer again.   If anybody here on OC.net knows of anybody about to abort a child and thinks there is somebody willing to adopt out instead, PM me.

And please, despite the arguments I've made here which hasn't made me very popular - this is about saving life.  We are dedicated to Christ and Christian values.    I may bump heads on icons, repetitive prayers (or lack of), or calling a bishop "master" - but I think when we consider a baby getting ripped apart limb from limb in the womb those things are rather trivial in the eyes of God.   In the case of abortion, please push those issues aside.   If anybody knows of a situation, please PM me.

Lord have mercy!

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
Sinful Hypocrite
Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: "The Orthodox Church" by Bishop Kallistos Ware: "We know where the Church is but we cannot be sure where it is not; and so we must refrain from passing judgment on non-Orthodox Christians."

Great googly moogly!

« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2013, 06:11:01 PM »

I was reading a book yesterday that  was speaking about societies view on sex and how it relates to the bible, and it reminded me of this thread because it made a point about the overly obsessive nature of this subject in general.

It pointed out that Jesus made his strongest rebukes to other sins that never get very much attention by most Christians today or all through our history.

And those sins are probably more commonly broken but are glossed over because the world wants to decide what it considers sin, and ignore the more common garden variety.

And because sex is easily sensationalized,sins such as the rich man is brushed aside to the exclusion of what Jesus actually stressed were sins that were more difficult to overcome.

The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2013, 04:23:43 AM »

And this is why we are commanded to have sexual relations only in the sacrament of marriage.

I agree so much.

As a parent of 5 children, it is heart wrenching to hear of a child being murdered most often for prideful reasons, material wealth, and "convenience".

To the OP, I'm a sinner and I am not judging you.  Keep sexual relations in marriage.   Love your future spouse and stop this adulterous practice.  Does sin begat sin?

My wife and I tried 3 times to offer to pay for the medical care and adoption (legal) of children that were going to be aborted.  Two 15 year olds and one 16 year old.   We begged and pleaded with their parents, gave them scriptures, and told them "it is on your terms - open or not - but please let us adopt".   We prayed so hard....

Reason on all 3: "We didn't want them embarrassed or to take them out of school".

Cry

But this thread has inspired me to talk with my wife again, stick another ad on Craigslist, and make the offer again.   If anybody here on OC.net knows of anybody about to abort a child and thinks there is somebody willing to adopt out instead, PM me.

And please, despite the arguments I've made here which hasn't made me very popular - this is about saving life.  We are dedicated to Christ and Christian values.    I may bump heads on icons, repetitive prayers (or lack of), or calling a bishop "master" - but I think when we consider a baby getting ripped apart limb from limb in the womb those things are rather trivial in the eyes of God.   In the case of abortion, please push those issues aside.   If anybody knows of a situation, please PM me.

Lord have mercy!

Amen brother. There is nothing Orthodox about diminishing the plight of "the least of these." As I have often pointed out, if we honor icons made with wood and paint then we should all the more honor and preserve human icons fashioned with the very breath of God.

Selam

"If we are unwilling to accept any truth that we have not first discovered and declared ourselves, we demonstrate that we are interested not in the truth so much as in being right." ~ Thomas Merton ~
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2013, 11:51:55 AM »

I agree so much.

Cry

Lord have mercy!

Amen brother. There is nothing Orthodox about diminishing the plight of "the least of these." As I have often pointed out, if we honor icons made with wood and paint then we should all the more honor and preserve human icons fashioned with the very breath of God.

Selam

The Bible says to dash the least of those against rocks.

Hey, quit bumping this thread. It is the most brilliantly titled thread going next to the Gebredoxy. Congratulations by the way on having at least one thread with your name on it getting love. Stop stealing your own thunder!

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: