OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 06:10:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help finding sources  (Read 359 times)
Gunnarr
OC.net guru

« on: September 10, 2013, 04:46:48 AM »

Hello,

I posted on monachos, but it seems everyone on that forum is too busy praying and reading holy fathers

I noticed people who post here in the greek forum generally know many sources for holy father texts in some way.

Anyway, I am looking for source texts for Gregory Palamas, specifically, his triads.

That, or a translation of it. Why?

The book I have,

http://www.amazon.com/Gregory-Palamas-Classics-Western-Spirituality/dp/0809124475

there,

I do not like since the translator deliberatly took out part of the saints writing because he felt it was "polemical"

"I have taken the liberty of occasionally eliminating passages that are of purely rhetorical and polemical nature, and such ommissions are indicated in our text by ellepsis point."

I was very annoyed when this translator did this.
So, I am trying to find the original text so I can see it without his silly translator pushing their opinions on what is written with the holy spirit and what is not.

I am especially looking for source texts for "Philosophy does not save"

source texts, as in, I will say any text which is not amended to omit anything will satisfy me
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:47:08 AM by Gunnarr » Logged

I am a demonic servant! Beware!
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Tending Brigid's flame

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 04:52:50 AM »

The text you're looking for is here:

http://www.orthodoxchristian.info/pages/Palamas.htm

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: