OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 17, 2014, 07:26:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst movie you have ever seen?  (Read 4351 times) Average Rating: 0
Tamara
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Diocese of America

+Pray for Orthodox Unity+

« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2013, 11:49:27 PM »

Hope Springs with Meryl Streep and tommy Lee Jones. A boring depressing snooze festival but then again I hate chick flicks. My sons trained me to like blockbusters like Iron Man and Captain America. My all time favorite movie was Narnia. The aesthetics were breathtaking.
Hawkeye
Дїѡни́сїй Качема́ческїй, Oнома́тодоѯологъ
High Elder

Faith: The Old Belief, as it were
Jurisdiction: Betwixt a "Rock" and familiarity

"The Emperor Alexander died at Taganrog."

« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2013, 12:06:44 AM »

Hope Springs with Meryl Streep and tommy Lee Jones. A boring depressing snooze festival but then again I hate chick flicks. My sons trained me to like blockbusters like Iron Man and Captain America. My all time favorite movie was Narnia. The aesthetics were breathtaking.

Travelling by ferry for an entire day can drive men towards desperate measures to fight boredom. Unfortunately, Hope Springs does little to help.

Quote from: Leo Tolstoy to Grand Duke Nikolai Mikhailovich
[W]hatever was hidden behind the name of the hermit Feodor . . . let historical evidence fail to connect Alexander with Kuzmich, the Legend lives in all its beauty and sincerity.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2013, 07:18:18 AM »

Cold Comfort Farm.  My dad, my sister, and I all fight about who is to blame for renting that stupid VHS to this day.

Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2013, 08:37:31 PM »

"Once" was short on plot development and long on lots of songs that all sounded the same.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2013, 10:16:36 PM »

Hoping on seeing the worst film every soon.

Ugghh. I have no idea what I inhaled today but I've been sneezing for hours, my eyes are swollen, and my throat feels like it is closing up.

Allergies season was supposed to be over.

I need a bad movie to make this seem good.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2013, 10:17:08 PM »

"Once" was short on plot development and long on lots of songs that all sounded the same.

Looked absolutely awful from just the trailer. Terrible.

Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2013, 10:18:19 PM »

Looked absolutely awful from just the trailer. Terrible.

I didn't have the advantage of seeing the trailer beforehand. Afterward, I read reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. They were by and large positive, which just again confirmed my dim view of humanity.

If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2013, 10:20:07 PM »

Hoping on seeing the worst film every soon.

Ugghh. I have no idea what I inhaled today but I've been sneezing for hours, my eyes are swollen, and my throat feels like it is closing up.

Allergies season was supposed to be over.

I need a bad movie to make this seem good.

That is the purpose of bad movies, although some are so bad they would make your symptoms worse.

Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2013, 10:25:46 PM »

OK, so I am going to see Sharknado this week. I hope to add this to the list of "worst movies."

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2013, 10:34:41 PM »

OK, so I am going to see Sharknado this week. I hope to add this to the list of "worst movies."
LOL YES

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2013, 08:31:41 AM »

Purposefully bad movies don't count.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2013, 08:38:21 AM »

My favorite bad movies tend to be the ones made with immense hubris and delusion on the part of the director, combined with an incomprehensibly high budget. #1 example: Uwe Boll, director of such masterpieces as House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark. Year after year he churns out these horrendous stinkers, which are universally hated by critics as well as box office flops, yet he keeps getting funds for his films due to German tax laws which allow investors to write off failed film investments.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2013, 09:41:29 AM »

I like the question, but it's tough to say.

Plane, Trains, and Automobiles was a very big disappointment. So was 2001: A Space Odyessey. But I can't say either of them was extremely bad, if you leave expectations out of the equation.

Of movies I can think of at the moment, I might have to say Tuck Everlasting.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2013, 09:42:26 AM »

No.............wait..... "The English Patient"

Turgid

Elaine was right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5qalNX5G94

As a ol' Seinfeld fan, "The English Patient" was one that I thought of when I started reading this thread. But I haven't seen it.

Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2013, 09:44:01 AM »

I must admit, I never found Avatar that bad. The plot was certainly predictable and overused, but it wasn't as if I hated it.

I agree. I don't know if I liked it, but I didn't hate it.

John of Patmos
Sinful Newbie

Jurisdiction: Greek (not yet catechumen)

Saint Polycarp, my patron

« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2013, 06:06:09 PM »

Must respectfully disagree on both Andrei Rublev and Ostrov. Both were profound, deeply layered. I've seen both more than a few times and notice new depths every time, especially in Ostrov.  BTW the Director of Rublev was the mentor of the director of Ostrov.  

Rublev was a little uneven…and a little confusing to start…but it didn't stay that way, and the scene in the captured church and the sequence about the boy bell maker…just phenomenal…to me…a masterful commentary on the soul of the russian people in the face of oppression both foreign and domestic. It was like a redemption from Dante's Inferno. The boy Peter only just barely connected to the tradition of his fathers, charged with a task far beyond his skills, only knowing about finding the right kind of clay to build the mold, clueless about the proper ratio of silver to make the bell, humiliated by his own inadequacies, in mortal fear for himself and his workmen who will be executed if they fail, who exhausts himself trying to oversee the creation of a giant of a bell (a singing icon, a blagovest/ringing gospel)…a bell born out of seeming hell fires of melted silver…refined in a furnace of affliction, poured into the earthly mire (of the right kind of clay), and the boy's sole hope and refuge…prayer to the blessed Theotokos, prayer from the depths of weary despair.  And then they haul out the bell, inch by inch from the earth….it is like the very resurrection of the russian people, an ascension and the great question hanging between the groaning hawsers is will it ring or will it crack asunder. In the silence the clapper swings closer and closer to the lips of the bell…and then….it SINGS…a great silver well of sonorous glory…and the boy collapses in relief weeping from both exhaustion and joy and release from what was but moments before a sentence of certain death….and witness to these things was the disillusioned iconographer Andre Rublev, who from that witness found his faith again, and went on to do with line and color what the boy had done with the bell. He prevailed out of kind of hell, he brought forth light out of darkness, his icons illumined and taught the russian soul in the hour of their downtroddenness.  ….so for me…not an easy movie to be sure, but for sure a great one…indeed it is ranked…or was among the top 15 greatest works of cinema of all time. And since then I would easily add to that number the magnificent Ostrov.

Ostrov is one ridiculous pedantic cliche after the next. It is LOL bad.

Goofy. Said it when I first saw it thinking it would have to be halfway decent from all the recs and then realized how somewhat sane people can be blinded by really terrible superhero stories if they have the correct metaphysical window treatment.

I LOVED Ostrov

Holy Father John Chrysostom, intercede for me!
That map ialmisry posted just makes me want to play Crusader Kings II.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »

Must respectfully disagree on both Andrei Rublev and Ostrov. Both were profound, deeply layered. I've seen both more than a few times and notice new depths every time, especially in Ostrov.  BTW the Director of Rublev was the mentor of the director of Ostrov.  

Rublev was a little uneven…and a little confusing to start…but it didn't stay that way, and the scene in the captured church and the sequence about the boy bell maker…just phenomenal…to me…a masterful commentary on the soul of the russian people in the face of oppression both foreign and domestic. It was like a redemption from Dante's Inferno. The boy Peter only just barely connected to the tradition of his fathers, charged with a task far beyond his skills, only knowing about finding the right kind of clay to build the mold, clueless about the proper ratio of silver to make the bell, humiliated by his own inadequacies, in mortal fear for himself and his workmen who will be executed if they fail, who exhausts himself trying to oversee the creation of a giant of a bell (a singing icon, a blagovest/ringing gospel)…a bell born out of seeming hell fires of melted silver…refined in a furnace of affliction, poured into the earthly mire (of the right kind of clay), and the boy's sole hope and refuge…prayer to the blessed Theotokos, prayer from the depths of weary despair.  And then they haul out the bell, inch by inch from the earth….it is like the very resurrection of the russian people, an ascension and the great question hanging between the groaning hawsers is will it ring or will it crack asunder. In the silence the clapper swings closer and closer to the lips of the bell…and then….it SINGS…a great silver well of sonorous glory…and the boy collapses in relief weeping from both exhaustion and joy and release from what was but moments before a sentence of certain death….and witness to these things was the disillusioned iconographer Andre Rublev, who from that witness found his faith again, and went on to do with line and color what the boy had done with the bell. He prevailed out of kind of hell, he brought forth light out of darkness, his icons illumined and taught the russian soul in the hour of their downtroddenness.  ….so for me…not an easy movie to be sure, but for sure a great one…indeed it is ranked…or was among the top 15 greatest works of cinema of all time. And since then I would easily add to that number the magnificent Ostrov.

Ostrov is one ridiculous pedantic cliche after the next. It is LOL bad.

Goofy. Said it when I first saw it thinking it would have to be halfway decent from all the recs and then realized how somewhat sane people can be blinded by really terrible superhero stories if they have the correct metaphysical window treatment.

I LOVED Ostrov

I love baconators; that doesn't stop them from being garbage.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:12:31 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2013, 07:05:58 AM »

Maybe not the worst I've ever seen but the worst most recent one: Prestige with Hugh Jackman.  

That's sick. Sad

Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2013, 07:16:03 AM »

Any movie by Aku Louhiniemi. It's a Finnish director whose every movie consists of heavy drinking, domestic violence and fornication. American movies contain those too but they tend to be entertaining whereas Louhiniemi's movies are just depressing.

Dominika
Serbian/Polish
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2013, 02:58:59 PM »

I LOVED Ostrov

+1 I've watched it several times and I always find something spiritually benefiting for me. ANd I think it's good realised, the play of the actor is very convincing.

For sure I have something like "first 5", but that's what I rembember for now.

Dhaai Akshar Prem Ke - a Bollywood film I've watched a few years ago.

Almost 3 hours of stupidity, chaos, naivety and so on. All the time you don't know what's the main plot and what are the reasons of such behaviour of the protagonists. Only last 15 minutes are quite interesting and dynamic

Epic - a this year animation. It's just a collection of various motives, quatations etc. from other movies and books. Tries to be funny, but it's not at all. And too much green. Don't like the look of the characters. I have no idea why with my friend we chose this movie to watch it in cinema.

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2013, 04:56:30 PM »

Any movie by Aku Louhiniemi. It's a Finnish director whose every movie consists of heavy drinking, domestic violence and fornication. American movies contain those too but they tend to be entertaining whereas Louhiniemi's movies are just depressing.

Who wants to watch a movie about ordinary life in Finland?

brastaseptim
Protopsáltis
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

From BBC Louisiana to you, here's the morning news

« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2013, 04:59:33 PM »

The Room by Tommy Wiseau. It was vulgar, poorly filmed, poorly thought out, badly acted in, the characters' personalities, what little there were made me want to cringe; and only thing it had going for it was how absolutely bizarre it was. It's like the Dungeons and Dragons movie of the 2000s.

BBC news certified; The Guardian rejected; OC.net approved.
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2013, 05:01:34 PM »

Who wants to watch a movie about ordinary life in Finland?

Exactly.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 05:03:54 PM by Alpo » Logged

FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2013, 05:37:20 PM »

Not including movies where I went in knowing how bad they would be (such as the truly awful Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band) just to see if they were as bad as the hype-

Not including non-Terminator Cameron movies (to this day I still have yet to watch Titanic and I agree completely about how bad Avatar is)-

Not including bad movies made with the intent to be bad (Troma films- though their worst films are a darn sight better than half the junk big studios pour out)-

V For Vendetta. I wanted to like this movie. It is one of my favorite comic books. Unfortunately, the people responsible for this train wreck completely missed the point of the comic book.

The Star Wars prequel trilogy. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson after Phantom Menace. Unfortunately, people whose taste I'd otherwise trust kept telling me that each new installment was "actually pretty good". Such was my hope that I saw each one. Addendum- Attack of the Clones- a bad movie, but Yoda with a saber was worth the price of admission. I just wish I'd paid my $10 and walked in during the last half hour.

Other than that, I can't really say that I've seen any movies so bad that I was tempted to walk out of the theater. I generally only go to movies that either come with a recommendation from trusted sources or where the drawing power of the source material is so great that I'm willing to put up with the flaws to see how it all plays out.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2013, 05:51:30 PM »

V For Vendetta. I wanted to like this movie. It is one of my favorite comic books. Unfortunately, the people responsible for this train wreck completely missed the point of the comic book.
No surprise, its the Wachowski Bros.

The Star Wars prequel trilogy. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson after Phantom Menace. Unfortunately, people whose taste I'd otherwise trust kept telling me that each new installment was "actually pretty good". Such was my hope that I saw each one. Addendum- Attack of the Clones- a bad movie, but Yoda with a saber was worth the price of admission. I just wish I'd paid my $10 and walked in during the last half hour.
No surprise, its George Lucas.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2013, 05:59:49 PM »

Nine with Daniel Day Lewis.  

Gangs of New York

Lincoln.

Cabin Fever.  The only movie of the four I saw in a theater.  I wanted to leave about 10 minutes into it, but my buddy (and ride) wasn't budging.  

I could probably think of more but there's a reason I've forgotten them.

edit: spelling.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 06:21:33 PM by GabrieltheCelt » Logged

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2013, 06:06:34 PM »

Gangs of New York

Still haven't seen it...

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2013, 06:29:32 PM »

Gangs of New York

Lincoln.
Apparently Day-Lewis' legendary method madness disappoints.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2013, 09:21:44 PM »

Nicholas Cage is a terrible actor.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »

The worst movie based on a musical based on a movie ever.

Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2013, 11:22:52 PM »

The worst movie based on a musical based on a movie ever.

That particular category is not known for great movies.

Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2013, 01:32:01 AM »

I would say most recently it would be Columbiana staring Zoe Saldana. It was bad in the way that it was just about the most unrealistic movie ever. Yea, a one women army that manages to take out whole SWAT teams as well as drug kingpens and their cartels by herself... Roll Eyes
I died laughing at a few of the scenes and threw up my arms at the ridiculousness of her taking out a SWAT team. I know it's Hollywood, but come on at least try to make it somewhat believable.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 01:32:56 AM by Nacho » Logged

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2013, 01:37:50 AM »

Cabin Fever.  The only movie of the four I saw in a theater.  I wanted to leave about 10 minutes into it, but my buddy (and ride) wasn't budging.  

I didn't care much for the movie. It was ok. Not horrible or worst ever. However, the DVD has 5 commentary tracks. I like this. When I become President of America I will sign an executive order saying that all DVDs released must have at least 4 commentary tracks.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2013, 07:30:12 PM »

I didn't care much for the movie. It was ok. Not horrible or worst ever. However, the DVD has 5 commentary tracks. I like this. When I become President of America I will sign an executive order saying that all DVDs released must have at least 4 commentary tracks.

Sure. Then you'll give a big speech like "What I said was that, if you really like your DVD plan, then you can keep it as long as it hasn't changed in the past year."

Laird
Not yet able to attend an Orthodox church
Elder

Faith: Inquirer (Catechumen soon hopefully)
Jurisdiction: Baptist

Lord, have mercy on me

« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2013, 02:39:24 AM »

I haven't watched many movies, but After Earth is the worst movie I have ever seen.

"Do not deceive yourself with idle hopes that in the world to come you will find life if you have not tried to find it in this present world." - Theophanis the Monk

*Taking a break from this forum to sort out my spiritual life and to start taking school and other stuff seriously
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2013, 03:38:27 AM »

Natural Born Killers, along with the way people tried to explain the brilliance of the juxtaposition between hypocrisy and... whatever, always struck me as being a profoundly horrid movie.  And for as controversial and "groundbreaking" as it was claimed at the time, pretty darn forgettable.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Tallitot
Warned
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2013, 03:50:48 AM »

The Natural.

Proverbs 22:7
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2013, 05:39:41 AM »

Happiness

I'm not sure if that counts, because it was just too messed up to stomach watching the end of it.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:40:50 AM by Anastasia1 » Logged

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2013, 07:15:23 AM »

Natural Born Killers, along with the way people tried to explain the brilliance of the juxtaposition between hypocrisy and... whatever, always struck me as being a profoundly horrid movie.  And for as controversial and "groundbreaking" as it was claimed at the time, pretty darn forgettable.

Agreed.

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2013, 07:18:28 AM »

Crash

This may not be the worst movie I've ever seen, but it's certainly up there. Talk about clichés and stereotypes. This movie was a complete joke. How it received such good ratings is beyond me.

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »

Crash

This may not be the worst movie I've ever seen, but it's certainly up there. Talk about clichés and stereotypes. This movie was a complete joke. How it received such good ratings is beyond me.

Selam

Interesting. I never saw it (except for a small fraction of it) but I think you're the first person I've heard speak ill of it.

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2013, 09:45:17 AM »

Crash

Selam

Interesting. I never saw it (except for a small fraction of it) but I think you're the first person I've heard speak ill of it.

I'll be the second. Absolute pablum and schlock. I've seen episodes of Hanna Montana which broke more ground.

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2013, 09:46:14 AM »

Agreed.

Selam

Likewise. Has Oliver Stone made anything worth watching?

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2013, 09:48:52 AM »

I haven't watched many movies, but After Earth is the worst movie I have ever seen.

As I've said, I know it's the worst movie I haven't seen.

Nektarios_In_E.S.

Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church Diocese of Buenos Aires, Central and South America

« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2013, 09:56:20 AM »

Godzilla 1985 was very cheesy

Higher Learning was actually offensive and stereotyped people.  I remember the part where Ice-Cube points out to his friend where the "mexicans" hang out ( mind you, they're in college) and many of them look like they're in a gang and one or two are playing a guitar ...
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: