Author Topic: Favourite TV Shows  (Read 7772 times)

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Son of a Preacher Man
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
Re: Favourite TV Shows
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2014, 02:02:23 PM »
In no particular order:

1. Kung Fu
2. Just Shoot Me
3. News Radio
4. Law and Order (but after Iconodule's suggestion, I'll have to check out The Wire.)
5. The Andy Griffith Show
6. The Office (just the first 5 seasons.)
7. Homicide: Life on the Streets (I think that was the name; been a long time since I watched it but I liked it way back.)
8. The Electric Company (If you wanna go waaay back.  I remember when Morgan Freeman was a cast member.)
9. The King of Queens
10. Duck Dynasty (the first couple of seasons)
11. ? ? ? Still waiting for something good to come along.  

I forgot Frasier. 
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2014, 12:24:43 AM »
Ah, yes. Fraiser. How about the prequel to it, Cheers I've not seen much of Cheers. I think it was on when I was a kid and I saw it but I don't see reruns of it like I do FraiserWhich reminds me there is a rumour I suppose it is that there is supposed to be a spinoff to The Office. That might be fun. Also supposed to be one to Breaking Bad. What? With Walter dead now Jessie becomes druglord? It'd be interesting to see how that worked giving Jessie was so turned against getting big and turning to rutheless killing required to become a criminal lord. Maybe Walt's wife? She played her part well and became a sort of Lady Macbeth I thought when she told Walter to have Jessie killed--pretty much saying what is one more? I can imagine her going into it more than Jessie. But I am not sure if there can be a spinoff of Breaking Bad.
The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
                                                             -Aristotle

Mor Ephrem, section moderator[/b][/color]

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
    • USCJ
  • Faith: Jewish(Conservative)
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2014, 12:35:38 AM »

and
Proverbs 22:7

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2014, 06:22:53 AM »
Also supposed to be one to Breaking Bad.

Unless there is another show in the works, the only one I heard about was about Saul Goodman.

But I guess AMC has to develop something, now that they've taken an axe to their decent shows, and considering that The Walking Dead won't be a cash cow forever.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • Hatred is learned behaviour.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2014, 06:46:28 AM »
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:46:50 AM by Arachne »
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Auryn

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2014, 03:48:19 AM »
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel
X Files
La Femme Nikita (original tv show not that new one)
Dexter

My actual fave TV shows are anime but I will spare you.  These are my 'regular' fave tv shows.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 03:52:18 AM by Auryn »
If there is prayer, the soul lives; without prayer, there is no spiritual life. + St. Theophan the Recluse +

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2014, 12:34:35 AM »
I think someone might have already mentioned this one but I started watching episodes last night on YouTube:

I remember watching it on Nick at Night as a kid. DeVito in the cage always scared me and has interesting images in my subconscious from my childhood back in the 90s when they ran it on Nick, but now he's a laugh. It's funny how you view things as a kid. This yelling guy in a cage, I don't know how to explain it.
The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
                                                             -Aristotle

Mor Ephrem, section moderator[/b][/color]