Author Topic: Sign Petition Against PETA  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Nacho

• OC.net guru
  • The face of Corporate America
Sign Petition Against PETA
« on: February 03, 2005, 12:04:05 AM »
Please go to www.petapetition.com to sign a petition against these domestic terrorist :flame:

Right now they are being investigated by the IRS and also the FBI for funding domestic terrorist to carry out thier agenda. It's time these radicals are stopped from harming anyone else.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity

Offline Jennifer

• OC.net guru
Re: Sign Petition Against PETA
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 12:15:51 AM »
Nacho, could you please lay off the politics? 

This petition comes from a group with a political agenda, the Center for Consumer Freedom.  We went through this with that biased article about the tsunami.  If I want to hear rightwing propaganda, I'll watch Fox. 

And please, before you post this kind of stuff, do a little research.  You don't know anything about this group. 

Here's some information about this group:
Center for Consumer Freedom

Offline Nacho

• OC.net guru
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 12:21:56 AM »
Sorry, I don't waste my time reading everything on different websites because I obviously don't have much time as you do to track everything that is out there. . I saw the petition on this site and thought it was a great idea. By the way it has nothing to do with right wing or left wing politics, we are talking about an extreme fringe group here Jennifer that needs to be stopped. 
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity

Offline Nacho

• OC.net guru
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 12:26:35 AM »
Lol, you've got to be kidding me jennifer, I went to that site you posted and this was the first thing they had:

Founded by lobbyist Richard Berman in 1995 (as Guest Choice Network), the Center for Consumer Freedom represents “a coalition of restaurant operators and concerned individuals working together to defend your right to a full and varied menu of dining options.” (http://www.consumerfreedom.com/main_faq.cfm; accessed 7/10/02).

Thanks for the good laugh ;D, I'm sure the resteraunters are quite dangerous with thier support for the Consumer Freedom haha.

Offline Jennifer

• OC.net guru
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 12:35:18 AM »
I guess you missed the part about the grant from Phillip Morris, that great consumer company.  And it took me about 5 seconds to find that information so anyone could have done it. 

BTW, it has everything to do with politics.  PETA is a political action group.  It has an agenda.  The people behind the peitition are also a political action group with an agenda.  Let's not get into warring agendas here. 

I for one am not interested in reading the things you find on your right-wing blogs, etc. 

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • St. Chrysostomos the New
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 12:55:05 AM »
OK this is getting too political. I will now close the thread (funny how I am now moderating again--ugh).

Anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.