OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 07:03:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Islam take over the world?  (Read 3926 times) Average Rating: 0
andrewlya
High Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Christianity is not a religion,it is a relationship with God

Christian all my life and still learning

« on: August 17, 2013, 12:59:01 PM »

Hi dear Brothers and Sisters,

I've come across this question and wanted to see what your thoughts are since Islam is rapidly spreading with Mosques being built in many places of the world, especially in England so it seems to me! Do you think Islam will be a dominant religion before the Second Coming of Christ at which point Christ will change the people's religion into one?

This is the statement of someone about the spread of Islam:

"I've heard that the Isaiah 17 and Psalm 83 wars, leading up to Gog/Magog, would end the Muslims attempt to take over the world. I've thought for many years the Muslims have a plan, and I believe they truly do... In doing some research over the past week, I've come to the conclusion these wars will definitely not stop the Muslims. Just some thoughts/facts below;

If you look at the Muslim by Country chart, you will see they are in every country on the face of the earth, and growing exponentially. Islam by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Even after these 3 wars above, there will be more Muslims on earth than Christians. I've been doing the math... Remember, just because a nation isn't Muslim, does NOT mean they are Christian.

As of 2002, a full 80% of the Muslims in the world do NOT live in Arab countries. Scary thought. Islam is indeed the fastest growing religion – Silencing the Critics. If you read the Islamic websites, they feel they have been commanded by Allah to infiltrate the rest of the world and breed everyone else out.

While some Christian websites state Christianity is growing faster, that simply isn't supported by the facts. First off, a WATERED DOWN version of the bible is growing, NOT true Christianity. There is a HUGE difference. Islam does not have itching ears as Americans do. The number of Mosques in the USA alone has increased by 74% since 2000. Islamic places of worship in U.S. up 74% since 2000 By most accounts, it is now the 2nd largest "faith" in the USA and growing faster than any religion. In New York and California (same article) and even Texas, Mosques are being built as rapidly as possible so they can integrate Muslims into American politics as quickly as possible. Minnesota should be a case study....

A recent Bagby survey shows there are over 7 million Islamists in the USA alone. The media has quietly estimated the number to be around 3 million. Don't believe the media.

In Spain alone, the foreign born population rose to 13.4% (in 2007, higher now) of all births. As in the UK, the top baby name is Mohamed, followed by Adam, Rayan, Ayoub, Mehdi, Amine and Hamza. Islamization of Europe: The Numbers Don’t Lie | FrontPage Magazine

85% of the total population growth in Europe was due to immigration over the last decade. The Muslim population is increasing TEN TIMES the rate of the regular population. Islam in Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The point is the Muslims are not going to be wiped out if the nations mentioned above go to war. Far from it. Islam is moving across the globe. I do believe a great number of Muslims will perish in these battles, but the number dying pales in comparison to the number now spread out all over the world.

After reading/researching what I have, my conclusion is now the same as it was before.... I believe the final world religion isn't going to be a watered down version of anything. I believe it will be Islam. I can't think of any other way to make the beheadings of those not willing to take the mark, fit. Islam still beheads people. They don't need to have the greatest population to do this. They only need to do what they are doing now.... Keep breeding and taking over political seats, city by city, as they have been doing. "

I believe in one God the Father and His Son the Messiah, the Savior of all the people
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 01:15:53 PM »

The gates of Hades will not overcome the Church.  That's a promise from Christ Himself.  So whether Muslims keep having more children and taking over political seats of power, the Church will still be the Body and Bride of Christ.

Nikolaostheservant
High Elder

Faith: greek orthodox
Jurisdiction: christian

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 01:35:40 PM »

right op, i see it. i belive everyone does. but we have this NEW WORLD religion that has swept the world (withought being noticed) and its not islam its......."Political Correctness". God forbid that someone should say that the muslims are not as nice as we want to belive or that they are the religion of WAR and Death. due to political correctness we have all become sheep following the rears of the one in front without original thought. gota go
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 03:57:13 PM »

I am officially asking yout to provide sourcelink of this text. You have 24 hours to comply. TIA.
andrewlya
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 04:28:06 PM »

I am officially asking yout to provide sourcelink of this text. You have 24 hours to comply. TIA.

http://www.raptureforums.com/forum/prophecy-end-times-chat/75601-will-there-muslim-takeover.html

I am not sure, it may be a Catholic's forum, just came across. I wanted to know the opinions of the Orthodox

I believe in one God the Father and His Son the Messiah, the Savior of all the people
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 04:31:16 PM »

It might, but if so it'll be our fault. The Muslims did not force us to stop going to church, stop teaching our children about the faith, nor to stop having them in the first place. We are responsible both for creating the spiritual vacuum they are now set to fill and for the decline in our population.
andrewlya
High Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 05:03:53 PM »

It might, but if so it'll be our fault. The Muslims did not force us to stop going to church, stop teaching our children about the faith, nor to stop having them in the first place. We are responsible both for creating the spiritual vacuum they are now set to fill and for the decline in our population.

It makes sense...Islam seems to be very strict, hence it is coming on so strongly?

Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 05:11:05 PM »

Every time this thread pops up I read "Will Italy take over the world?"

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 05:13:29 PM »

We're also not threatening to disown or murder our children if they apostatize. Orthodoxy values human freedom; hence Christ not forcing anything on anyone. But Islam is really not afraid to use force or violence to prevent apostasy.

Anyhow, back on topic,

I SERIOUSLY doubt it; what most people forget is that Islam is NOT growing as "rapidly" as media makes it. The only reason it is "growing" is because of the high Muslim birth rate in third world Middle Eastern dumps. However, what these sources leave out is the fact that those countries also have a higher infant mortality rate, and the parents are going to die eventually. All in all, I'd say the size of Islam is relatively staying the same.

Even if Islam does reach that size, I doubt that Holy Russia and Protestant USA will just stand by. Western Europe may allow themselves to get invaded; but we'd never.

You guys are worrying about a false bogeyman when you should be focusing on ecumenism and "tolerance."

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
andrewlya
High Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 05:25:23 PM »

We are tolerant that's the thing,that is why things are the way they are.

Islam is taking over in England so it seems,in my city Islam has definitely grown in the last 10 years even in the areas where there was not many Muslims, no there a lot more,they are building a big Mosque there now. There are seem to be a lot more women in niqabs or black burqas (why always black??) than ever before, in groups,feels like being in Saudi sometimes as if they are trying to make a point or something.

Im not anti Islamic or anything (ive Muslim friends,close ones too) but Im just concerned that while Christianity has declined in the UK,Islam has grown and it is not just statistics, it is also very visible,indeed..Im just concerned that slowly but surely England will be a new Caliphate State,seriously. Im sorry, I should not be feeling like this.

God bless us all!

« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 05:26:58 PM by andrewlya » Logged

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee..."

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 05:27:43 PM »

The only reason it is "growing" is because of the high Muslim birth rate in third world Middle Eastern dumps.

Can you just limit yourself to taking self-portraits with your phone like a good little teenager instead of posting ignorant BS? 

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.
xOrthodox4Christx
Protokentarchos

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 05:36:25 PM »

No. "Islam" can't even take over Iran, Saudi Arabia or Egypt. Morsi was deposed for enforcing Islam. Saudis are completely hated by the general populace for their enforcement of Islam. Same in Iran. Even in Hamas controlled Gaza, "Waziristan", Afghanistan, Mali and Somalia.

Will "Islam" as a religion become a significant world force in the future? Of course. But Islam as a political force, as an empire, as a civilization hasn't grown fruit in the recent era and Muslims have tried to enforce it and it goes sour every time.

However, the West's support of the pro-Islam forces isn't helpful. I love how Obama and Kerry lambaste the Muslims for killing each other, when it was them who stoked the flames.

Islam is even crazier than Young Earth Creationist pre-Trib Evangelicalism.

Im not anti Islamic or anything (ive Muslim friends,close ones too) but Im just concerned that while Christianity has declined in the UK,Islam has grown and it is not just statistics, it is also very visible,indeed..Im just concerned that slowly but surely England will be a new Caliphate State,seriously. Im sorry, I should not be feeling like this.

God bless us all!

Well, Orthodox would say England declined to be Christian in 1054. The Anselmian Christianity they had was flawed, and it is what has led to the increased Atheism and Islam in the West.

I have Muslim friends too, and I am very critical of Islam. But I think we have to be realistic. It's more likely the UK will revert back to the Dark Ages than Islam will rule England. Muslims may become a significant minority, but it won't go anywhere beyond that.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 05:40:57 PM by xOrthodox4Christx » Logged

"Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth.... While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." (Eugene Debs)
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 05:37:03 PM »

http://www.raptureforums.com/forum/prophecy-end-times-chat/75601-will-there-muslim-takeover.html

I am not sure, it may be a Catholic's forum, just came across. I wanted to know the opinions of the Orthodox

Thank you. Remember if you post something taken from the net, you need to share credits. Unless you want to get warned of course.
andrewlya
High Elder

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 05:51:01 PM »

If it is true that Jews rule in England, then it won't happen. But then again, if the Jews rule it,then why this is such a big wave if Islamisation of England, why are they letting it happen?The UK is rapidly loosing its culture and they dont seem to be bothered as if the politicians have no touch with reality, with what is going on in towns..

I have Muslim friends too, and I am very critical of Islam. But I think we have to be realistic. It's more likely the UK will revert back to the Dark Ages than Islam will rule England. Muslims may become a significant minority, but it won't go anywhere beyond that.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 05:53:57 PM by andrewlya » Logged

andrewlya
High Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 05:55:04 PM »

In what way did they stoke the flames?

However, the West's support of the pro-Islam forces isn't helpful. I love how Obama and Kerry lambaste the Muslims for killing each other, when it was them who stoked the flames.

xOrthodox4Christx
Protokentarchos

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 05:59:54 PM »

Arms dealing, incitement, puppet governments, coups. All of this is a result of the Western world meddling in the Middle East. In a region they don't even understand. They just want to get their hands on the economic benefits.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:01:06 PM by xOrthodox4Christx » Logged

"Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth.... While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." (Eugene Debs)
RehamG
Elder

Jurisdiction: Orthodox Inquirer

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2013, 06:41:49 PM »

We're also not threatening to disown or murder our children if they apostatize. Orthodoxy values human freedom; hence Christ not forcing anything on anyone. But Islam is really not afraid to use force or violence to prevent apostasy.

Anyhow, back on topic,

I SERIOUSLY doubt it; what most people forget is that Islam is NOT growing as "rapidly" as media makes it. The only reason it is "growing" is because of the high Muslim birth rate in third world Middle Eastern dumps. However, what these sources leave out is the fact that those countries also have a higher infant mortality rate, and the parents are going to die eventually. All in all, I'd say the size of Islam is relatively staying the same.

Even if Islam does reach that size, I doubt that Holy Russia and Protestant USA will just stand by. Western Europe may allow themselves to get invaded; but we'd never.

You guys are worrying about a false bogeyman when you should be focusing on ecumenism and "tolerance."

JamesR, it is called gradualism. If, IF it ever does happen, expect that by the time the majority wakes up and notices for things to be too far down the Islamic rabbit hole to escape.

I don't see it happening though. Maybe certain cities will get to that point like Dearborn, MI is now but not on a national level.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:45:53 PM by rebecca.ann » Logged

"A humble man who lives a spiritual life, when he reads the Holy Scriptures, will relate all things to himself and not to others.”

– St. Mark the Ascetic, Sermon, 1.6
Apotheoun
"Three realities pertain to God: essence, energy, and the triad of divine hypostaseis." St. Gregory Palamas
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Melkite Catholic

St. John Maximovitch

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 07:09:00 PM »

I do love Italian food.

"All that the Father has belongs likewise to the Son, except Causality."
St. Gregory Nazianzen

"We should believe that divine grace is present in the icon of Christ and that it communicates sanctification to those who draw near with faith."
St. Theodore Studite
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 11:37:53 PM »

I certainly hope not. The Pope lives in Italy, and as any casual observer of this forum can tell you, the Pope publicly breastfeeds Harry Potter. It's sickening.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 11:40:38 PM »

I certainly hope not. The Pope lives in Italy, and as any casual observer of this forum can tell you, the Pope publicly breastfeeds Harry Potter. It's sickening.

Why is it sickening?  He has that nifty shoulder-cape attached to his cassock to cover up the papal bosoms.  What more do you want?

Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 12:58:11 AM »

If I could donate money to you for this answer, I would!
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 02:02:00 AM »

It's the result of allowing your country to be invaded. How about England for the English, and Saudi Arabia for the Saudi's? Some of these western countries are on a death march. They should kick out the trouble makers and reverse course fast on their immigration policy. 

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2013, 02:36:45 AM »

I think Muslims are having enough problems fighting amongst themselves at the moment...

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
Aedificare

Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Russian Orthodox Churches in Western Europe

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2013, 04:58:32 AM »

I just hope we're talking Shia Islam, as it is now (parts of) Sunni Islam is much more violent towards Christianity.

Fun fact: Apostasy has the death penalty in Iran (something that is often mentioned by media), but it has never carried one of the death sentences out.
Practically it's a prison sentence.

Arms dealing, incitement, puppet governments, coups. All of this is a result of the Western world meddling in the Middle East. In a region they don't even understand. They just want to get their hands on the economic benefits.

It's very unfortunate. Violence against Orthodox people in the middle east increased during the Roman Catholic crusades. It's very close to the same now.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 04:59:31 AM by Aedificare » Logged
Pharaoh714

Jurisdiction: Coptic Rite

Lord Have Mercy! Christ Save me.

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, 05:02:41 AM »

I don't think Islam will take over the World. But I do believe Islam is one of the tools of the Anti-Christ.

Didn't St. John warn us and said that the Beast will kill by cutting off of heads (Beheading)?

"..and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands.." [Rev. 20:4].

Who other than the Muslims behead people in the 21st century? They also wear the false prophets name around their head which is the blasphemous shehada, which says that Muhammad the false prophet is a prophet of God.

"If I say, "My foot slips," Your mercy, O LORD, will hold me up. In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul." Psalm 94:18-19
Andrew Crook
formerly known as AveChriste11
High Elder

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 08:25:21 AM »

I'm not Orthodox.  But I feel that whoever wrote the article seemed to be fear mongering.   Ever since 9/11, the American media has been on "The Muslim is gonna get you" crusade.   Things have been toning down lately, thankfully. 

Secondly, I think the question should be  "Which version of Islam is trying to take over the world?".  Are you referring to the hardliner Salafi's also known as Wahabi's which are dominant in Saudi Arabia?  Or are you referring to other schools of thought?  Some take the Qur'an and Islam very literally and apply everything they can word for word, these seem to be more fanatical. 

Other Muslims don't take the Qur'an or the ahadith (Sayings of the Prophet) so literally, and are more open to progressive ideas which have become mainstream in our Western culture here in the States.   There are many sects or versions of Islam,  sort of like the differences you noted within Christendom.   However the differences are on a different level, and are not doctrinal differences -- but more issues of how to lay everything into practice. 

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith; Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity
andrewlya
High Elder

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2013, 08:36:23 AM »

Why would Obama support an Islamist Government such as Muslim Brotherhood when they are trying to battle with extremists??

andrewlya
High Elder

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2013, 08:53:40 AM »

It's the result of allowing your country to be invaded. How about England for the English, and Saudi Arabia for the Saudi's? Some of these western countries are on a death march. They should kick out the trouble makers and reverse course fast on their immigration policy. 

It does not work like that. Muslims insist on their rights here and campaigning about the fact that Muslims are largely underrepresented in the British politics. And go out and preach hatred against the West openly on streets of England (although ,this is a minority, most Muslims are fine). But it is the fact that they wish their rights to be respected, but if Christians, or any other religions, were to go to Saudi Arabia then we would have to comply and obey their religious laws and traditional dress wear, would not be even be able to build a Church or be seen wearing a Cross. I suppose it is their country and they want new comers to comply with it, fair enough when in Rome do as the Roams do...While in England it is the opposite, when politely give a smile to somebody and can't even have a smile back (as we like it in Britain) from a face that's covered in black burqas/niqabs...And the Government is just sat there watching Britishness/Christianity being lost as if there is no sense of pride to be Christian...what is on their mind only politicians know!

I've just come back from Russia and glad that things have changed since the Communism regime and I was extremely happy to see Christianity is growing there.
Now I know at least one country where Christians are proud to be Christians and where Christianity is on the rise!

« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:58:21 AM by andrewlya » Logged

andrewlya
High Elder

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2013, 09:04:00 AM »

It's very unfortunate. Violence against Orthodox people in the middle east increased during the Roman Catholic crusades. It's very close to the same now.

Yeah, that is the thing! Christians are persecuted in many Muslims countries, but Muslims in Christian countries are welcomed and we let them do what they like..

It makes me wonder,if many dont like the western way of life, why they move to non Muslim countries if they want to be ruled by Sharia, why dont they move to rich places like Saudi,Qatar or Dubai etc But they move to non Muslim countries nevertheless just to show that we are wrong here,why..I dont understand it.

andrewlya
High Elder

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2013, 09:12:19 AM »

I'm not Orthodox.  But I feel that whoever wrote the article seemed to be fear mongering.   Ever since 9/11, the American media has been on "The Muslim is gonna get you" crusade.   Things have been toning down lately, thankfully. 

Secondly, I think the question should be  "Which version of Islam is trying to take over the world?".  Are you referring to the hardliner Salafi's also known as Wahabi's which are dominant in Saudi Arabia?  Or are you referring to other schools of thought?  Some take the Qur'an and Islam very literally and apply everything they can word for word, these seem to be more fanatical. 

Other Muslims don't take the Qur'an or the ahadith (Sayings of the Prophet) so literally, and are more open to progressive ideas which have become mainstream in our Western culture here in the States.   There are many sects or versions of Islam,  sort of like the differences you noted within Christendom.   However the differences are on a different level, and are not doctrinal differences -- but more issues of how to lay everything into practice. 

The reason Wahabis are literalists is because in Qur'an it does say you can't pick and chose what to follow, you have to follow everything written in the Qur'an, hence there are people like Wahabi's in Saudi and other places who follow it all literally as if they dont it would, probably, make them Munafiqeen, which are seen as transgressors according to Qur'an.   

Math lover

Faith: Shia Muslim
Jurisdiction: Twelver

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2013, 06:53:20 PM »

So, when are the ev0l Muslims who live in the West going to get forcibly sterilized?
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »

LOL. 

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2013, 07:47:49 PM »

Skimmed this thread for the first time. The ignorance on display is scary.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2013, 08:09:21 PM »

So, when are the ev0l Muslims who live in the West going to get forcibly sterilized?

When the president's/chancellor's/prime minister's daughter comes home with a boyfriend who looks like Khalid Sheikh Muhammad.

dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2013, 08:11:14 PM »

Skimmed this thread for the first time. The ignorance on display is scary.

Pfft...I can be way more ignorant than this.

This thread is tame. Theophilos78 hasn't even shown up to show off his excruciatingly-precise pronunciation of 'Hanukkah'. Just you wait.

stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2013, 08:16:08 PM »

Hi dear Brothers and Sisters,...If you look at the Muslim by Country chart, you will see they are in every country on the face of the earth, and growing exponentially....
Yes, they are growing faster than Christians, because Muslim women love children more than do Christian women. In our neighborhood, there is a Muslim family with 7 children and another one on the way. They just love their children greatly. However, in the local Church I attend, most families have two children and contracept in one way or another after that. My guess is that Christians just do not like having too many children around. In fact, if you look at statistics for the Orthodox country of Russia, you find that Russia has one of the highest rates of abortion in the world today. What does this indicate except that these Christians regard children as a burden of some sort, and not as a blessing, and they must be killed before they are born. The statistics tell the story.  Some time ago, contraception was considered to be a sin in many Christian Churches, but not so much so now, with the possible exception of the Traditional Roman Catholics and the Orthodox who hold to the older beliefs.  
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
Warned
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2013, 08:23:49 PM »

This thread.

Oh, man.  I really needed a laugh like this tonight.  Like Iconodule, I just noticed this thread tonight and briefly skimmed it over and...oh man...it's got the anti-Jewish thing going on, the neanderthalic statements about the "Third World", the conspiracy theories, the xenophobia, the crude stereotypes...and the capper...it all started with a thread from some millennialist "rapture forum", which might be a "Catholic site"!  Oh man, I actually did Danny Thomas spit take with my Sprite on that one.  All this thread needs is a reference to the Reptilians from Alpha Draconis to be complete.  Thanks, guys.  You made my night.  Smiley

My sins run out behind me and I do not see them, but today I am coming to judge the errors of another.
newtoorthodoxy
Banned
Elder

Jurisdiction: GOARCH

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2013, 08:27:33 PM »

That site isn't any kind of Catholic forum, my first clue being a forum which refers to the "Cult of Rome" and has a separate forum for all those religions in error due to having works as part of salvation.  It's protestant, and so all those subforums they label as cults and those in error are particularly ironic. 

Some of my questions might appear patently stupid to those well-versed in Orthodoxy, but I'm brand new, having no background in the faith.  Please grant me a great deal of patience and consideration as I learn the basics.
Nicene
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2013, 03:17:55 PM »

I would like to think if the muslims become too ambitious the west will wake up and win against them.

Thank you.
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2013, 04:26:29 PM »

Islam won't take over the world, and to the degree it does, it won't look like the Wahhabi flavor.

First off, saying that 80% of Moslems live outside the Arab world is deeply misleading. This isn't the result of a rapid change; it's the way things have been for centuries. Indonesia is Moslem, and Pakistan and Bangladesh are Moslem, and so is a large chunk of west-central Asia; India and most central African states have substantial Moslem minorities. Islam in Europe and the Americas is a tiny, tiny minority, and is likely to remain so.

Second, recent Muslim gains in western countries are almost entirely due to immigration. People in western countries aren't converting to Islam in significant numbers, and I don't see that changing.

Third, Muslims come to Western countries because they want to live, to some degree, like westerners. Immigrant communities (plus the occasional convert) will breed "fundamentalists", but even in immigrant ghettos, people don't want to go back to living as they did in Arabia or the back country of Pakistan.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2013, 05:02:20 PM »

Do magic carpets come from Islam?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2013, 05:09:02 PM »

My investigation into the matter indicates that they originate from Super Mario Bros. 2

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Math lover

Faith: Shia Muslim
Jurisdiction: Twelver

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2013, 05:11:12 PM »

They were invented by the Caliph Aladdin I.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2013, 05:14:34 PM »

My investigation into the matter indicates that they originate from Super Mario Bros. 2
A game ahead of its time. Always was a personal favorite.

But really I get confused if it was an Arab or Indian thing. I mean I was gonna bring up Aladdin and all...

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2013, 05:24:48 PM »

This thread.

Oh, man.  I really needed a laugh like this tonight.  Like Iconodule, I just noticed this thread tonight and briefly skimmed it over and...oh man...it's got the anti-Jewish thing going on, the neanderthalic statements about the "Third World", the conspiracy theories, the xenophobia, the crude stereotypes...and the capper...it all started with a thread from some millennialist "rapture forum", which might be a "Catholic site"!  Oh man, I actually did Danny Thomas spit take with my Sprite on that one.  All this thread needs is a reference to the Reptilians from Alpha Draconis to be complete.  Thanks, guys.  You made my night.  Smiley

I didn't notice it either, but ^ you should win some sort of prize for this post. I can't stop laughing.... To think that there are folks who post and who would conclude that rapture fearing millenialists just might be Catholics, might be scarier than than anything else.

And what if the guy that looks like Khalid is cradle Orthodox? Not so implausible, is it?  Then what?? ? ??
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 05:25:27 PM by podkarpatska » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: