OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 05:51:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sad story.  (Read 1088 times) Average Rating: 0
orthodoxchristianonline

Faith: ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN
Jurisdiction: ORTHODOX CHRISTIANITY

« on: August 15, 2013, 06:19:14 PM »

Hi,

I am tired of living this life. I need some help. I needed some help....I asked for help, but nobody helped me. This is the story of a 15 years old kid who spent most of his life away from society, away from living for a very long time. Although things were normal before an accident I had that has changed the way I look, leaving me with a big scar on my face and my soul. Since the age of 15 I 've been trying to get the money to get my life back to normality. My parents NEVER helped me, and in fact as sadistic as this sounds they took joy seeing my cry in front of them emotionally, asking for help, even at times they had the money, but refused. Although they would spend it on other stuff. I quitted education over it, quitted normality, had been closed to myself that nearly drove me to insanity. It was too hard to handle for a 15 year old boy. Since then I 've done everything in my power to find the money for it, I 've been trying for years to get a job just with the sole purpose to fix my life. It never happened. I always ended up back to step 1, either because of lack of qualifications, inexperience and a crushed ego. I 've applied through the health system, and have been waited for 2 years just  to get a reply. Only to find out that they would not do it. I decided to leave the country and look for a job elsewhere. Eventually I started looking for small jobs in restaurants, pizza shops but I always found myself out of the door. I was living with some relatives, although they were treating my bad and were asking for me to leave.  At the same time I wanted to get things sorted with education. I was hopeless. Crying every single day about my life. I only had enough money for food. Moving forward I ended up in a church. I asked for their help. There were times I was starving and had no money. Their behaviour was AWFUL to me. They treated me like I was some kind of tramp. They shouted at me, they laughed at me, and made me feel to want to kill myself. They changed my perception of religion. Those innocent looking priests were agents of the devil. That was my explanation of things. I asked them to help me get a job at least to be able to help myself, but they gave me a good kick. Despite their behaviour I was helping in the church for free, and there were a few women workers that were in support of me. Most of the faithful in that church were giving me those looks, and laughing at my misery. The priests were ignoring my plead for help. I had tried everything, yet there was nowayout. My fears that I would waste my life like that and never get it done were manifesting. In a desperate attempt to get things sorted, I joined a college, although I had missed two years by the time I got back. The course took many years, and had to wait all that long in hope I would get a job. When I finished the course I started applying for jobs again. I was applying from 9 to 5 every single day , I had attended numerous interviews with no success. Some more time passed by. I was in deep depression. Life was passing me by, and I couldn't do it. Some more years passed, and I ended up being a complete loser with the emotions of 15 year old kid with no job, no looks ,no memories and no aspirations. Ten years have passed since then, and 'lived' for one single reason, to get my life back. Im 26 and emotionally destroyed. In the last decade I 've done everything in my power only to get to know people better, to see how ugly and evil people are. To see that there is no love in this world. I still haven't achieved that, and I am asking everyone on this forum to give me advice or any sort of help. I am sick and tired of this. I 've been praying for so long.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 06:22:06 PM by orthodoxchristianonline » Logged
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 06:31:59 PM »

Could I ask where you live? Maybe, it could help us finding some help.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
RehamG
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Inquirer

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 06:41:02 PM »

Lord have mercy on you!

I can only offer you my moral support because I have been in very similar situations before, and tell you that you are no looser. I agree with the above, please tell us your location. There are many good and kind people in this world and plenty who frequent these forums.

"A humble man who lives a spiritual life, when he reads the Holy Scriptures, will relate all things to himself and not to others.”

– St. Mark the Ascetic, Sermon, 1.6
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 06:43:38 PM »

Lord, have mercy on orthodoxchristianonline.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 06:45:34 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Don't give up.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Gayle

Faith: Orthodox christan
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 10:17:56 PM »

Please do not give up,MY husband was burned in the face with tar,it has been 8 years and he is seeing him self in a better light.The scar is the same,but his attitude is better about him self.I will pray for you.Lord have mercy on you !
Gayle

Faith: Orthodox christan

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 10:18:53 PM »

We are hear for you!
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 10:21:20 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST, ALLELEUIA
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 10:23:27 PM »

Lord, Have Mercy!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 10:47:00 PM »

Lord have mercy. Please do not lose hope in God.

St. Nicholas the Wonder worker, intercede to God for us.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Nikolaostheservant
High Elder

Faith: greek orthodox
Jurisdiction: christian

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 11:48:26 PM »

Lord have mercy! I will include yo in my prayers tonight. Remember every day we are alive threr is still the possibility for a complete change in our life for the better.
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, say: "you lack the proper φρόνημα"

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 12:02:52 AM »

Lord have mercy!

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 12:24:50 AM »

Lord have mercy!

You are not a loser, and you are not alone!!!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
peteprint
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 12:30:25 AM »

Lord have mercy!
RehamG
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Inquirer

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 12:34:54 AM »

Lord have mercy on you!

I can only offer you my moral support because I have been in very similar situations before, and tell you that you are no loser. I agree with the above, please tell us your location. There are many good and kind people in this world and plenty who frequent these forums.

"A humble man who lives a spiritual life, when he reads the Holy Scriptures, will relate all things to himself and not to others.”

– St. Mark the Ascetic, Sermon, 1.6
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 12:40:24 AM »

I too have felt the cruel pain of being rejected by family and professing Christians in my greatest hours of need. I am still feeling the pain. But I know that God's love is faithful and sure, and the failure of humans doesn't negate the mercy of God. Your honesty is refreshing. The Psalms are full of woeful laments. God is near to the brokenhearted. Keep fighting with your prayers, your tears, and your honest words of sorrow. There is redemption in your suffering.

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

"Beauty is truth, and Orthodoxy is beautiful." +GMK+
Nikolaos Greek
Last among equals

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Greece

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2013, 04:33:34 PM »

My friend you are not a loser. You have fought more in those ten years than all of us have done in our whole lives.

God is Love.
Ό Θεός ἀγάπη ἐστί.
There is no luck, there is no fate. There are always two ways. One is God's and one is devil's. And in each step of your life you have to pick one, always.
WPM
Revolutionary Writer
Moderated
Archon

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 03:50:08 PM »

O' Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
orthodoxchristianonline

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 11:46:41 PM »

Is there someone kind and generous enough to pls help me with a donation?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:47:35 PM by orthodoxchristianonline » Logged
hopeful-christian

Faith: Very new to Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 12:05:39 AM »

I hope everything gets better. You've been through a lot. I'm new to Orthodoxy, and in fact only just returning to Christianity in general, but I'll do my best to pray for you, even if I'm not 100% sure I'm doing it right.
Ansgar
Archon

Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 04:54:10 AM »

Is there someone kind and generous enough to pls help me with a donation?

How much did you have in mind?

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
orthodoxchristianonline

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 10:17:33 PM »

Well, I am trying to gather the money for the medical expenses. I really can't say what amount. That depends how much you can donate for this purpose i guess.
orthodoxchristianonline

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 05:20:45 AM »

I really never thought that anyone would care to help. People don't really care about each other, all they care is about themselves, and some sort of reassurance that everything is okay. All blessed, and all sins forgiven.  If i Was Jesus i would show no mercy to this earth. Simply because it is soul-less and there are no real Christians.
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 05:50:51 AM »

Well, maybe, you could provide us with a bank account or something, that could make it possible for us to help you.

-St Silouan the athonite
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 06:49:58 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
orthodoxchristianonline

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 09:33:05 PM »

SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 12:38:08 AM »

Lord have mercy.
orthodoxchristianonline

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2013, 12:51:59 PM »

Here is a link for those who wish to help.
Thank you.
Link removed - you must get approval before posting solicitations.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:30:08 PM by Fr. George » Logged
orthodoxchristianonline

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2013, 07:28:37 AM »

I am really saddened that nobody helped. 0 $ donations. Thank you very much, for not helping.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:29:33 AM by orthodoxchristianonline » Logged
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 09:15:51 AM »

You need to be patient. Many of us were sleeping when you made that post, and besides that, it is Sunday, so many have been to church.

-St Silouan the athonite
Nikolaostheservant
High Elder

Faith: greek orthodox
Jurisdiction: christian

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2013, 11:36:59 AM »

I am really saddened that nobody helped. 0 $ donations. Thank you very much, for not helping.

WOW
orthodoxchristianonline

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2013, 11:51:53 AM »

You need to be patient. Many of us were sleeping when you made that post, and besides that, it is Sunday, so many have been to church.

Thank you for your donation ansgar. When someone is in pain, there is so much impatience.

Please people help...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 11:53:43 AM by orthodoxchristianonline » Logged
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2013, 12:56:01 PM »

Thank you for your donation ansgar. When someone is in pain, there is so much impatience.

Please people help...

You're welcome.  Smiley

-St Silouan the athonite
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: