OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 26, 2014, 01:14:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh My...  (Read 658 times) Average Rating: 0
pmpn8rGPT
Grammar Nazi in three languages.
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox (old calendarist)

Proof that Russia won the Space Race.

« on: August 14, 2013, 10:48:21 PM »

Undecided

Words cannot describe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk65kdAVNXI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9KdPz7cghw

It is not allowed to post naked links. You need to explain WHAT and WHY you are posting these links.  "Words cannot describe" is not enough.  I know the explanation is implied later in the discussion. Therefore, I will not give you a warning for now. Please do not allow this to happen again.

Mina

August 19, 2013
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 08:53:45 AM by minasoliman » Logged

"Tomorrow, I shall no longer be here."
-Nostradamus's last words.
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 10:59:40 PM »

Bob Larson is a devil.  And his daughter and the rest of these "teenage exorcists" clearly have no clue what human suffering is and what the face of the devil really looks like.  I sincerely hope they repent and that the Lord has mercy on them. 

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 11:01:58 PM »

I didn't get a chance to watch the videos yet... is Larson in them? I used to watch him back in the 90s on Christian TV, he was a hoot (though not in the way he was intending to be)... maybe I'll have to watch them then Smiley

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
pmpn8rGPT
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 11:03:54 PM »

Yes Larson is in them.

Never heard of him until today, but this is worse than most televangelists.

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 08:53:28 AM »

They're pretty Cheesy

On a serious note, what does blow my mind in the first video, is how they go to Ukraine and so many people go to this guy who uses some odd hypnotic language (just watch around 4:00) and/or techniques to speak to the demons.  Hard to tell, if you have highly emotional people and tell them that they will have "demons" exorcised, there will be "demons" showing up; whether real or just people putting on an emotional show to feel better for themselves, it is confusiong.  And where there is such disorder, it is not of God.

Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Leave that no-account Oogie-Boogie out of this!

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 09:13:35 AM »

Yes Larson is in them.

Never heard of him until today, but this is worse than most televangelists.

He waged a big crusade against rock music in the 80s. A Christian youth magazine I was reading at the time (in Greece) quoted him wholesale; apparently, since he had been in the music business before becoming born again, everything he said was accurate. Roll Eyes I hope they have admitted their mistake by now.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 09:14:41 AM »

They're pretty Cheesy

On a serious note, what does blow my mind in the first video, is how they go to Ukraine and so many people go to this guy who uses some odd hypnotic language (just watch around 4:00) and/or techniques to speak to the demons.  Hard to tell, if you have highly emotional people and tell them that they will have "demons" exorcised, there will be "demons" showing up; whether real or just people putting on an emotional show to feel better for themselves, it is confusiong.  And where there is such disorder, it is not of God.

Ukraine!?!  Grumble...grumble.... NOW I have to watch them....grumble....grumble.....

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
LizaSymonenko
Global Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 09:22:45 AM »

GRUMBLE...GRUMBLE....

"We're in Ukraine.....they are so hungry for religion....and they really drink it up!"

Angry

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 09:27:58 AM »

GRUMBLE...GRUMBLE....

"We're in Ukraine.....they are so hungry for religion....and they really drink it up!"

Angry

It gets worse.  Cry

But Video 2, around 6:55, voice of reason from an Orthodox priest.  I had to laugh because the priest looks like a bigger version of me.  I thought, "Puerto Rican priest in Ukraine?  Awesome."

Also, could anyone translate the rap at the end?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:41:27 AM by hecma925 » Logged

pmpn8rGPT
OC.net guru

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 10:05:02 AM »

GRUMBLE...GRUMBLE....

Angry
Let us pray that they repent before they find someone with a real demon.

Didyma
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of North America

Vodka Mutini

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 12:17:16 PM »

I thought it would be about George Takei at first....

.- -. -.. / --. --- -.. / ... .... .- .-.. .-.. / .-- .. .--. . / .- .-- .- -.-- / .- .-.. .-.. / - . .- .-. ... / ..-. .-. --- -- / - .... . .. .-. / . -.-- . ...
Didyma
Elder

Vodka Mutini

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 12:22:33 PM »

It's a shame that Vice reports on so many stupid things like this.  They can have really great documentaries, like the one on Suicide Forest.

.- -. -.. / --. --- -.. / ... .... .- .-.. .-.. / .-- .. .--. . / .- .-- .- -.-- / .- .-.. .-.. / - . .- .-. ... / ..-. .-. --- -- / - .... . .. .-. / . -.-- . ...
pmpn8rGPT
OC.net guru

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 12:37:13 PM »

It's a shame that Vice reports on so many stupid things like this.  They can have really great documentaries, like the one on Suicide Forest.
True. 

My favorite was the cannibal warlords in Liberia. 

Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 12:45:44 PM »

I think most of what the priest in the video said made sense, but there was one part that caught my interest.

Unless I am mistaken, he, at one point, said that The Orthodox Church had never had any saints who where that young, moreover female.

I may have misunderstood him, but aren't there a good deal of female saints who exorcised demons?

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 12:55:07 PM »

I think most of what the priest in the video said made sense, but there was one part that caught my interest.

Unless I am mistaken, he, at one point, said that The Orthodox Church had never had any saints who where that young, moreover female.

I may have misunderstood him, but aren't there a good deal of female saints who exorcised demons?
I will have to research this myself, but I think that was the point he is driving at:  No saints (or people in Church history, what I think he said) that were young AND female AND exorcised demons.  How many saints,male or female, became saints solely because they exorcised demons?  I can't think of any.  Again, I will have to research that angle too.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:01:43 PM by hecma925 » Logged

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 12:57:39 PM »

Why was that?

pmpn8rGPT
OC.net guru

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 12:58:58 PM »

Why was that?
This is why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nSKkwzwdW4

I didn't know about this until today either.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 12:59:50 PM by pmpn8rGPT » Logged

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 01:00:39 PM »

Why was that?
This is why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nSKkwzwdW4

I didn't know about this until today either.

Hahahahhaaha, I get it now.

elephant
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOAA

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 01:44:10 PM »

I will have to research this myself, but I think that was the point he is driving at:  No saints (or people in Church history, what I think he said) that were young AND female AND exorcised demons.  How many saints,male or female, became saints solely because they exorcised demons?  I can't think of any.  Again, I will have to research that angle too.

Dear hecma,

At my church there is a neat icon of St. Marina beating a demon with a hammer.  Looks like she was getting some good exercise. 

Love, elephant
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 01:56:21 PM »

Dear hecma,

At my church there is a neat icon of St. Marina beating a demon with a hammer.  Looks like she was getting some good exercise. 

Love, elephant

It was quite the battle, but she is a saint because of her martyrdom.  Also, she did not exorcise a demon; she fought the demon and won.  So, yes, she is female and was relatively young, but not an exorcist.  I don't believe the priest in the video was implying that there are NO young female saints; that idea would be false.  In my church also, there are plenty of icons of women saints and when we read or hear their lives, many, if not the majority, are young women!

Didyma
Elder

Vodka Mutini

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 03:30:58 PM »

Just so we're not focusing on how awful this "exorcist" is, does anyone know of any actual exorcists?  I heard one on Ancient Faith Today that seemed legitimate, Father George Aquaro.

LizaSymonenko
Global Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 03:36:14 PM »

I met one a few years back.  He was an Orthodox priest who was present at a party I was invited to one Christmas. 

I found myself sequestered in the living room corner for most of the event.  He was way more interesting than the majority of those present, and was regaling me with tales of exorcisms and demons.

When all was said and done, I'm not so sure I was buying it all.  Granted, I have a tendency to initially believe and trust most everyone, especially Orthodox clergy....however, over the years I've been burned a few times....and therefore, have no qualms about doubting this one.

He sounded more like an Evangelical, than an Orthodox priest....right down to having a dog who sensed demons and fought them on his behalf...almost dying a number of times.

—St. Isaac of Syria
Didyma
Elder

Vodka Mutini

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 04:02:49 PM »

He sounded more like an Evangelical, than an Orthodox priest....right down to having a dog who sensed demons and fought them on his behalf...almost dying a number of times.

Weird.  I've never heard of that, though I'm not sure if my Protestant community counts as "evangelical."  Just out of curiosity ,what was the doggie's name?  Sounds like "Old Yeller" material to me.

LizaSymonenko
Global Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 04:30:23 PM »

LOL!  I don't remember whether he told me, or not.

Just that the dog would bark to let him know that demons were close, and that the demons would attack the dog, leaving her half dead more than once.

I'm not certain that Orthodox clergy require dogs to let them know of demonic presence.

—St. Isaac of Syria
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: