OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 10:48:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my theory on islam  (Read 2846 times) Average Rating: 0
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2013, 09:32:01 PM »

Annual papal celebration of the Via Crucis at the Colosseum in Rome...
That is not a Crucifix.

That big lit up cross is purely a evangelical protestant thing.

I guess you missed my point.  You don't need to burn a cross in order for it to "illumine the darkness". 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
Charles Martel
Traditional Roman Catholic
Warned
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: New york

« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2013, 09:39:30 PM »

Annual papal celebration of the Via Crucis at the Colosseum in Rome...
That is not a Crucifix.

That big lit up cross is purely a evangelical protestant thing.

I guess you missed my point.  You don't need to burn a cross in order for it to "illumine the darkness". 
Maybe you should contact your local Klan chapter and tell them.

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2013, 09:47:12 PM »

Sure.  What's their phone number? 

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

Charles Martel
Traditional Roman Catholic
Warned
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: New york

« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2013, 09:52:13 PM »

Sure.  What's their phone number? 
Why don't you google it. Wink

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2013, 10:56:57 PM »

What's google?

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2013, 01:24:03 AM »

i feel that people are attracted to islam  due to political correctness gay rights and high divorce rates act. for example most leftists blame( not saying it didn't happen ) the opression of women, jews, gays, atheists, ect on the west .  women have a lobby and can get divorced for no reason at all. most leftist philosophy( politicaly correct ) lies in simply complsaining about how people were treated in the past and critiquing liturature that was in most cases intended for something else. im greek and ive considered islam why simply put the patriarchy because who wants to be constantly reminded that you ancestors are fags or mabey you french and you smell band or are italian and are in the mafia the main problem lies in political correctness which muslims do not have to play by 

Huh...?

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Sinful Hypocrite
Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: "The Orthodox Church" by Bishop Kallistos Ware: "We know where the Church is but we cannot be sure where it is not; and so we must refrain from passing judgment on non-Orthodox Christians."

Great googly moogly!

« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2013, 05:06:05 PM »

The Klu Klux Klan burns crosses and churches
The Klan burns the cross to illuminate it in the darkness, from what I gather it's more of a spiritual or ceremonial thing, not a destructive or blasphemous act. I'm not going to get into whether it's done for an "evil" purpose, just there's a reason other than defacing the Christian symbol or creating terror to other people.

As far as the church burnings, that too has been highly propagandized over the years, as a matter of fact, i believe fairly recently they discovered upon an investigation that more than a few churches were torched by some american blacks themselves or some anarchists of a sort in order to set up the klan or prove there's still that kind of thing going on these days.

There are too many Christian wrongs to act as if sin is only by others in the muslim countries.

Agreed. Still, two wrongs don't make a right. and "christians" aren't out there anywhere burning mosques.

We are to love our enemies as well .

Doesn't mean we can't defend ourselves or the innocent from them.

I think that whole "love our enemies" or "turn our cheek" Christian concept is totally out of sorts these days. It's interpretation  seems distinctly in the hands of nonChristians more than not. It does not mean what they think it means.

It sounds as if you think the KKK is known for all the good works they have always done.
I just explained a little why they light the Cross, don't read too much into it.

But then again, I'm not going to sit here and defend myself on what you believe I "think".

You said there was a reason they burn crosses other than terrorizing, there are plenty of documented cases of the KKK terrorizing people, it is what they are known for and what they exist to do, why they wear hoods in public. How would you feel if they burned a cross on your lawn?

The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“
Sinful Hypocrite
Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: "The Orthodox Church" by Bishop Kallistos Ware: "We know where the Church is but we cannot be sure where it is not; and so we must refrain from passing judgment on non-Orthodox Christians."

Great googly moogly!

« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2013, 05:10:34 PM »

Agreed. Still, two wrongs don't make a right. and "christians" aren't out there anywhere burning mosques.

About 41,900,000 results (0.33 seconds)
Search Results
Prejudice, Racist, or Violent Incidents at MOSQUES - The American ...
theamericanmuslim.org/.../mosques_in_us_that_have_experienced_viole...‎
Jun 6, 2013 - MOSQUES IN THE U.S. THAT HAVE EXPERIENCED VIOLENT OR RACIST INCIDENTS OR BEEN VANDALIZED, BURNED, SHOT AT .
Hecklers Cheer Burning Of Tennessee Mosque At Muslim Outreach ...
thinkprogress.org/.../06/.../hecklers-cheer-burning-of-tennessee-mosque/‎
Jun 13, 2013 - Bill Killian, U.S. Attorney of the Eastern District of Tennessee, and ... a mosque in Murfreesboro, TN, that was burned to the ground in 2007.
US mosque burned to ground - Telegraph
www.telegraph.co.uk › News › World News › North America › USA‎
Aug 6, 2012 - A mosque burned to the ground in Missouri on Monday, in what worshippers suspect was a hate attack, less than a day after six people were ...
Missouri mosque destroyed in second fire in a month - CNN.com
www.cnn.com/2012/08/06/us/missouri-mosque-burned
Aug 7, 2012 - A mosque in Joplin, Missouri, was burned to the ground early Monday, just over a month after an attempted arson at the Islamic center, officials ...

And these are just recent.
Though investigators haven't determined the cause, Kester suspects it to be another incident of arson.

Federal agents have begun an investigation into the new blaze, "and we are basically waiting for a determination to be made on the cause," FBI spokeswoman Bridget Patton told CNN.

"If it is determined that the fire was deliberately set or intentionally set, then we will investigate it to the full extent possible," Patton said.

Sounds like they don't know who lit them fires, much less a bunch of practicing "christians", there are plenty of people who hate Moslems other than zealous followers of Christ. Could've been just some drunk kids or maybe even some other Moslems themselves, Lord knows they hate each other even more than us "infidels" do most of the time.

Them articles prove nothing about  a mass wave of Mosque burnings by "christians" in american or elsewhere like Eastern Christians churches are  dealing with over in the ME.

I don't care how many hits you do on a google search.

You made a blanket statement that there no Christians out there burning mosques, as if every Christian is someone you know personally.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“
emilysmith

Faith: trust in a person
Jurisdiction: constitutional law

« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2013, 05:23:41 AM »

i feel that people are attracted to islam  due to political correctness gay rights and high divorce rates act. for example most leftists blame( not saying it didn't happen ) the opression of women, jews, gays, atheists, ect on the west .  women have a lobby and can get divorced for no reason at all. most leftist philosophy( politicaly correct ) lies in simply complsaining about how people were treated in the past and critiquing liturature that was in most cases intended for something else. im greek and ive considered islam why simply put the patriarchy because who wants to be constantly reminded that you ancestors are fags or mabey you french and you smell band or are italian and are in the mafia the main problem lies in political correctness which muslims do not have to play by 

I agree with you

Learn About Education | Watch Live TV
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2013, 11:28:05 AM »

The Klu Klux Klan burns crosses and churches
The Klan burns the cross to illuminate it in the darkness, from what I gather it's more of a spiritual or ceremonial thing, not a destructive or blasphemous act. I'm not going to get into whether it's done for an "evil" purpose, just there's a reason other than defacing the Christian symbol or creating terror to other people.

As far as the church burnings, that too has been highly propagandized over the years, as a matter of fact, i believe fairly recently they discovered upon an investigation that more than a few churches were torched by some american blacks themselves or some anarchists of a sort in order to set up the klan or prove there's still that kind of thing going on these days.

There are too many Christian wrongs to act as if sin is only by others in the muslim countries.

We are to love our enemies as well .

Doesn't mean we can't defend ourselves or the innocent from them.

I think that whole "love our enemies" or "turn our cheek" Christian concept is totally out of sorts these days. It's interpretation  seems distinctly in the hands of nonChristians more than not. It does not mean what they think it means.

It sounds as if you think the KKK is known for all the good works they have always done.
I just explained a little why they light the Cross, don't read too much into it.

But then again, I'm not going to sit here and defend myself on what you believe I "think".

You said there was a reason they burn crosses other than terrorizing, there are plenty of documented cases of the KKK terrorizing people, it is what they are known for and what they exist to do, why they wear hoods in public. How would you feel if they burned a cross on your lawn?

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2013, 01:58:39 PM »

One thing about the Klan is that they burn crosses at secret meetings.  If the goal is to terrorize, why do it when there are no minorities, Catholics, or Jews around to terrorize?

Sinful Hypocrite
OC.net guru

Great googly moogly!

« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2013, 02:48:02 AM »

The Klan exists solely as a hate group, they have stated time after time that they believe themselves superior to most others, such as jews blacks and anyone who does not look and think like a white supremacist.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2013, 02:57:33 AM »

Where I'm from (and during the time I was growing up) the KKK were more of a social group for people who want to fit in somewhere, sort of a gang for white boys from rural areas. When I was a teenager my friend and his brother, who never struck me as racists (before or after), went to a KKK rally, to sort of support them without actually participating directly. My cousin and I went to the counter-rally held a few miles away. Wasn't a big deal, and I never heard racist comments or saw racist activities apart from that. *shrugs*

Wait, I thought this thread was about Islam  angel
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 02:58:24 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2013, 09:00:24 AM »

Where I'm from (and during the time I was growing up) the KKK were more of a social group for people who want to fit in somewhere, sort of a gang for white boys from rural areas. When I was a teenager my friend and his brother, who never struck me as racists (before or after), went to a KKK rally, to sort of support them without actually participating directly. My cousin and I went to the counter-rally held a few miles away. Wasn't a big deal, and I never heard racist comments or saw racist activities apart from that. *shrugs*

Wait, I thought this thread was about Islam  angel

You mean the Klan isn't part of the Muslim Brotherhood?  And I thought....Well, okay, maybe I didn't think.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2013, 09:47:31 AM »

One thing about the Klan is that they burn crosses at secret meetings.  If the goal is to terrorize, why do it when there are no minorities, Catholics, or Jews around to terrorize?

Well, back in the "good old days" they could do it in public and get away with it. Times have changed.
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2013, 10:10:33 AM »

One thing about the Klan is that they burn crosses at secret meetings.  If the goal is to terrorize, why do it when there are no minorities, Catholics, or Jews around to terrorize?

Well, back in the "good old days" they could do it in public and get away with it. Times have changed.
Plus, these days, you need a burn permit before you start torching thing in people's lawns. Those can take FOREVER to get approved and you do NOT want to get your local codes official after you.  Those guys simply do not quit!  Grin
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:10:45 AM by TheTrisagion » Logged

podkarpatska
Merarches

Pokrov

« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2013, 11:48:01 AM »

Seriously the Klan showed its true face across NY, PA, NJ and elsewhere in the 1920s with a vitriolic anti immigrant, pro WASP campaign directed at white immigrants and their churches and employers.  Their headquarters for New York was in my hometown and only after the very prim Methodist industrialist who owned the then huge Endicott Johnson shoe factories spoke out against the Klan did  political opinion shift against them (he needed the workers). In 1927 the Klan held a huge rally with over ten thousand followers near Binhamton, NY, burned crosses and marched defiantly by immigrant churches, including the Greek and Slavic ones. They were despised by the old timers I remember growing up. The Klan' s influence in the 20s partly inspired +Archbishop Iakovas' solidarity with the civil rights movement in the 1960s.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2013, 01:05:04 PM »

The Klan exists solely as a hate group, they have stated time after time that they believe themselves superior to most others, such as jews blacks and anyone who does not look and think like a white supremacist.

That's what they* are now, but they were originally a fraternal organization started by Southern veterans of the War Between the States.  Now they're just a bunch of scared white men who don't know any black people but seem to think black people will soon out number white people and then enslave them.  But they're very tricky in how they present their message.  My barber and his cousin recently went to a Klan rally.  He said everything they said was true.  I asked him what they said and it was basically showing the inconsistencies of American culture such as: the allowance of the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People).  If there was a NAAWP (National Association for the Advancement of White People), there would be outrage.  Same thing with BET (Black Entertainment Television); if there was a WET (White Entertainment Television) channel, there would be outrage.  Most white folks, myself included, accept that as fact.  Yet how exactly that means that blacks, Jews and RC's are Satanic and/or inferior is beyond me.  Roll Eyes 

*There are over 100 different "Klan" organizations now-a-days.  I forget which one is recruiting in my neck of the woods, but I wish they'd go away.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2013, 01:09:48 PM »

There is a NAAWP.  It is called the KKK.  Wink

podkarpatska
Merarches

Pokrov

« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2013, 01:30:56 PM »

The rabbit hole of Politics beckons soon.....
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2013, 01:35:23 PM »

I also found several different "WET"s, but some of them might not be forum appropriate.  Tongue

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2013, 01:37:47 PM »

I also found several different "WET"s, but some of them might not be forum appropriate.  Tongue

And just what, young man, were you doing looking for them?? Shocked Shocked

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2013, 01:41:16 PM »

I was trying to determine if black people would indeed be outraged by them.  One of them was a magazine for "gourmet bathing"

Don't ask.

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2013, 01:43:18 PM »

I was trying to determine if black people would indeed be outraged by them.  One of them was a magazine for "gourmet bathing"

Don't ask.

I won't.

But....As a white person (well, sort of beige-ish or something, really.  You know,  FLESH colored...) were you able to determine if black (well, varying shades of brown for the most part, really) people would be outraged by them? 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:43:37 PM by J Michael » Logged

TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2013, 01:45:14 PM »

I observed no outrage to date on the matter. I shall continue to closely monitor.

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2013, 01:50:25 PM »

I observed no outrage to date on the matter. I shall continue to closely monitor.

We will eagerly await your reportage.  Cool
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:51:25 PM by J Michael » Logged

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2013, 03:27:13 PM »

My coworkers and friends told me that my black friend couldn't join the KKK, but could join the New Black Panther Party.  I refuse to believe it!  Not until I see it with my own eyes.

J Michael
Merarches

« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2013, 03:31:11 PM »

My coworkers and friends told me that my black friend couldn't join the KKK, but could join the New Black Panther Party.  I refuse to believe it!  Not until I see it with my own eyes.

Is outrage!

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2013, 03:44:20 PM »

One of them was a magazine for "gourmet bathing"

Sort of like this...?  angel

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2013, 04:45:52 PM »

That's what they* are now, but they were originally a fraternal organization started by Southern veterans of the War Between the States.  Now they're just a bunch of scared white men who don't know any black people but seem to think black people will soon out number white people and then enslave them.  But they're very tricky in how they present their message.  My barber and his cousin recently went to a Klan rally.  He said everything they said was true.  I asked him what they said and it was basically showing the inconsistencies of American culture such as: the allowance of the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People).  If there was a NAAWP (National Association for the Advancement of White People), there would be outrage.  Same thing with BET (Black Entertainment Television); if there was a WET (White Entertainment Television) channel, there would be outrage.  Most white folks, myself included, accept that as fact.  Yet how exactly that means that blacks, Jews and RC's are Satanic and/or inferior is beyond me.  Roll Eyes 

*There are over 100 different "Klan" organizations now-a-days.  I forget which one is recruiting in my neck of the woods, but I wish they'd go away.

This is what happens you go the whole simple route but forget the not too simple part.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: