Author Topic: Baptismal Supplies?  (Read 1309 times)

Offline dantxny

• OC.net Mineshaft gap
  • High Elder
Baptismal Supplies?
« on: September 04, 2005, 06:49:21 PM »
Hey everyone,
In a few weeks, I should be undergoing the final plunge (three times) and finally being baptized in the Orthodox Church.  However, I am unsure as to where I can find Orthodox Baptismal items: a white robe with a cross and a baptismal cross (is this supposed to hang over oneself or just be there?).  Therefore, does anyone know a place online or in New York (SVTS perhaps?) where these could be purchased.  Cheap would be nice too, as I'm on a student's budget.  Thank you
"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
I think the French may be on to something here.

Offline irene

• OC.net
Re: Baptismal Supplies?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 11:16:17 AM »
I'm not sure of the answer as I am being Chrismated only, but someone is sure to respond and give you a full answer.

I am curious if you are being baptized on the Feast Day of your Saint, or is it another day you and your priest decided upon?   Just interested! ;o)

Congratulations to you!!!!

Peace and prayers,
Irene 

Offline dantxny

• OC.net Mineshaft gap
  • High Elder
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 11:52:08 AM »
Irene,
I'm being baptized on neither my feat day (as mine's in Decemeber, and if I was wise I'd change to get a saint that doesn't have a feast in a fast ;) ).  Rathey, it was the only day available for us to do so.  We were hoping to do Pentecost, but I was out of town for a while then. 
Thank you though! :)

Danie
"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke

Offline choirfiend

• ManIsChristian=iRnotgrEek.
  • High Elder
  • Rachael weeping for her children, for they are not
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 08:29:25 PM »
Your church should supply these things. Speak with the priest; I would be very surprised if they do not have them for you.
Qui cantat, bis orat

Offline observer

• High Elder
  • Vivre die Raznitsa!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 11:44:43 PM »
Congratulations! Check with your priest first.  If you still need a robe and cross, send email to sarah@creativecopy.us
Thou shalt not prefer one thing to another (Law of Liberalism)

Offline dantxny

• OC.net Mineshaft gap
  • High Elder
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 01:40:17 PM »
Thank you all for your assistance.  I have located a robe and if anyone else runs into such trouble down the road, I'd highly suggest (If I'm breaking a rule then please edit) Holy Trinity Convent in Massachussets.  They make them at reasonable prices and were a pleasure to work with and one can contact them at 617.566.1786.

Thanks again!