Author Topic: Invisible war  (Read 805 times)

Offline Nikolaos Greek

• Last among equals
Invisible war
« on: August 11, 2013, 04:47:55 AM »
The invisible war by Saint Nicodemus of Mount Athos is an excellent book and will help many Christians in their fight. I have read just the first and bigger part which centers around the four basics for the invisible war, the war of soul.
God is Love.
Ό Θεός ἀγάπη ἐστί.
There is no luck, there is no fate. There are always two ways. One is God's and one is devil's. And in each step of your life you have to pick one, always.

Offline IoanC

• Archon
Re: Invisible war
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 05:01:44 AM »
That's a great book, but we need more things in order for it to be useful, at least I think so. First, we need to be rooted in reality and normality, otherwise the "spiritual war" will take us down paths that are really unnecessary and overly dangerous. To this end we can rely upon God to keep us on the path and we could find people who have already traveled the path and know what to avoid and what to do. (but find people who truly know what they are talking about, or at least would tell you if they don't, otherwise the "ask your priest" mentality will damage you or cause to stagnate)

P.S. Sorry, I just realized this is the book review section. Take the above comment as you wish...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 05:05:39 AM by IoanC »

Offline Nikolaos Greek

• Last among equals
Re: Invisible war
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 05:13:47 AM »
No book can save us. Only God can of course but our salvation begins from God but ends with our response. And this response is made by actions and not words. The books help us just to learn more things about how to act.
God is Love.
Ό Θεός ἀγάπη ἐστί.
There is no luck, there is no fate. There are always two ways. One is God's and one is devil's. And in each step of your life you have to pick one, always.